Osriyan Crypt

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Thu March 1st, 2007, 8:50 pm

OK.

Vocals - Just no. Stop. New person.
Guitar - Good considering age, but he certainly needs more/better influences, and guitar lessons. Lessons are worth it. He has the ability but no direction.
Drums - Decent, but sloppy. I've heard worse. Lessons suggested as well.

Osriyan Crypt

Post by Osriyan Crypt » Fri March 2nd, 2007, 1:04 am

Thanks Mike, thats what we were looking for. the 12 yr old has been taking lessons for 3 years but his teacher focuses mainly on a lot of technical stuff....It seems like just bits and pieces to me. But I agree....no direction.

Drums ...he is starting lessons this week.

thanks for the feedback.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri March 2nd, 2007, 9:27 am

Here's some advice: have fun and don't worry about pleasing people.

oh, and don't feel compelled to post music :) It's not so bad being a Basement-rockstar (I am)

Osriyan Crypt

Post by Osriyan Crypt » Fri March 2nd, 2007, 10:19 am

BoB wrote:Here's some advice: have fun and don't worry about pleasing people.

oh, and don't feel compelled to post music :) It's not so bad being a Basement-rockstar (I am)

I agree to some extent. They do have fun and they love playing music. But they really want to be on stage in front of people other than their family and some friends. ...maybe they aren't quite ready...lol

-Jay

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri March 2nd, 2007, 3:41 pm

You realize now that we're going to have to hear your basement tunes.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Sat March 3rd, 2007, 7:30 am

ProstheticHead12 wrote:

You realize now that we're going to have to hear your basement tunes.
This is true. Upload it!

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat March 3rd, 2007, 7:52 am

sure thing. It'll follow something like this:

Osriyan Crypt

Post by Osriyan Crypt » Sat March 3rd, 2007, 12:12 pm

samsara wrote:Wow that's probably some of the worst music I've ever heard.

lol. I just listened to your band.

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Sat March 3rd, 2007, 3:49 pm

Osriyan Crypt wrote:

you dont have room to talk,homie.

Osriyan Crypt

Post by Osriyan Crypt » Sat March 3rd, 2007, 5:43 pm

Blarg! wrote:
Osriyan Crypt wrote:

you dont have room to talk,homie.
i know you are but what am I? lol

SO you basically are saying to me what I said to him...but without any originality. Some of you people in here are funny.

samsara

Post by samsara » Sat March 3rd, 2007, 6:27 pm

Osriyan Crypt wrote:
Really? The worst you've EVER heard? Or maybe the worst you've heard on here? I guess everyone in here started out as excellent musicians. Ok, I'll go for that. Sounds good to me.

I'd really like to hear some of you guy's music from when you 1st started out. lol
The problem with us is that we have never played with experienced musicians. We are kind of like the blind leading the blind. The drummer is 16, he started playing in March of last year...less than 1 year experience. The guitarist just turned 12. HE still is infactuated with shredding and still has no patience for repetitive riffs or chords. As for tone, he is 12 and only has a Behringer AMP. he had a chance to get a Mesa Boogie Tube amp and declined because...well, he's 12 and very hardheaded. SO you might think it sucks and I'm sure it does compared to all of you metal gods. Sucking is really all relative......but please, rate it based on their age and experience.
Yeah, I didn't really take all of that into consideration, but I think really that the vocals are the main problem. I'm willing to bet someone in the band can do a better job. And as for the guitarist, try to find him a better teacher. I think songwriting could use some work. Of course, it really depends on what you want to do. Keep jamming until you have a tight sound. As for my band, we didn't really do that, and the song we have recorded is a product of that. We rushed to record, didn't pay enough attention to detail, and didn't play enough shows beforehand. People at our live shows now enjoy us much better than most people who hear the song on our myspace. My advice would be to take those songs down, and really get yourselves together. Only time will tell.

Osriyan Crypt

Post by Osriyan Crypt » Sun March 4th, 2007, 12:33 am

samsara wrote:
Osriyan Crypt wrote:
Really? The worst you've EVER heard? Or maybe the worst you've heard on here? I guess everyone in here started out as excellent musicians. Ok, I'll go for that. Sounds good to me.

I'd really like to hear some of you guy's music from when you 1st started out. lol
The problem with us is that we have never played with experienced musicians. We are kind of like the blind leading the blind. The drummer is 16, he started playing in March of last year...less than 1 year experience. The guitarist just turned 12. HE still is infactuated with shredding and still has no patience for repetitive riffs or chords. As for tone, he is 12 and only has a Behringer AMP. he had a chance to get a Mesa Boogie Tube amp and declined because...well, he's 12 and very hardheaded. SO you might think it sucks and I'm sure it does compared to all of you metal gods. Sucking is really all relative......but please, rate it based on their age and experience.
Yeah, I didn't really take all of that into consideration, but I think really that the vocals are the main problem. I'm willing to bet someone in the band can do a better job. And as for the guitarist, try to find him a better teacher. I think songwriting could use some work. Of course, it really depends on what you want to do. Keep jamming until you have a tight sound. As for my band, we didn't really do that, and the song we have recorded is a product of that. We rushed to record, didn't pay enough attention to detail, and didn't play enough shows beforehand. People at our live shows now enjoy us much better than most people who hear the song on our myspace. My advice would be to take those songs down, and really get yourselves together. Only time will tell.

Thanks man, I really appreciate you not taking what I said personally and really giving some sound advice. We agree the singer has to go but as you know...its hard to find a singer.

check your PMs

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed March 21st, 2007, 12:27 am

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed March 21st, 2007, 5:11 pm

E.J. Diarrheaspray wrote:What I meant by "Did you guys ever cover Smells Like Teen Spirit?" I guess nobody caught that one
wow that was really bad! :lol: my godfather just said that the audience must be hammered because some of them were cheering.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue March 27th, 2007, 2:20 am

"Sucking is really all relative......but please, rate it based on their age and experience."

You tell us boycock lover