Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Wed February 8th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Asrynth wrote:ZOROASTER
i'll second that one
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu February 9th, 2006, 1:11 am

zoroaster is good as fuck.... but still my favorite atlanta band was signs of dying

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri February 10th, 2006, 10:34 am

Matt wrote:zoroaster is good as .... but still my favorite atlanta band was signs of dying
i've been trying to talk those guys into a "reunion" show. they never really put a stamp on things, just stopped playing. joe moved to portland but i'm sure that he would come back to town for that, SOD was his life. on top of that, Lee, former TSU drummer, said that he would play drums for it. imagine that.....SIGNS OF DYING WITH A REAL DRUMMER!!!!! i threw it out there that i would play second guitar as well. signs of dying with a drummer and a second guitarist. INSANITY!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat February 11th, 2006, 5:29 pm

blaze dont tease me!!! make this happen!!!!

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon February 13th, 2006, 3:33 am

Me and Steve Crumbly were talking and i told him that I would pay Sam since he is a guitarist for hire. Id give him all the money made off the show. Im going to go email him now.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue February 14th, 2006, 9:26 am

TheKshatriya wrote:Me and Steve Crumbly were talking and i told him that I would pay Sam since he is a guitarist for hire. Id give him all the money made off the show. Im going to go email him now.
he might do it but its kinda weird to get "hired" to play your own material. i think it'll take him just wanting to do it again. which he may never be at the spot in life where he wants to do it all the time but i think that he'll at least want to finish what he started with signs of dying by playing a last show.

anybody here that doesn't know who Signs Of Dying are better get your ass out to the DeathGasm store and pick up Desire Is Suffering. and then head over to http://www.signsofdying.com and download the three songs from the SOD/TSU split that never happend.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue February 14th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Mission trip to Nepal @_@

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed February 15th, 2006, 4:03 am

Nepal.

That's, like, pretty far away. Like Burma and shit.

I was sorting my WREKage CDs today (and yesterday, and the day before...seriously) and came across a SOD cd when I finally got to the "S"'s. Did they just release the one CD?

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed February 15th, 2006, 9:42 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:Nepal.

That's, like, pretty far away. Like Burma and shit.

I was sorting my WREKage CDs today (and yesterday, and the day before...seriously) and came across a SOD cd when I finally got to the "S"'s. Did they just release the one CD?
I went to darklyrics and there were 2 albums up there: Speak English or Die (1985) and Bigger Than the Devil (1999) and I also found another one, Live at Budoken...yeah not an actual album, just live.

here's a review about Bigger than the Devil:
Fourteen years later, S.O.D. finally returns with its second studio album, and they're still as subtle as a sledgehammer both musically and lyrically, which is good news for Speak English or Die devotees. Bigger Than the Devil keeps the group's power-drill sonic attack going full speed ahead, mosh-worthy riffs slamming into an occasional nod to (or, more often, parody of) death metal. Although much of the metal world has caught up to S.O.D.'s innovations ? fusing hardcore and metal was something of a standard practice in the late '90s ? S.O.D. still do it better than the competition, thanks in large part to the fact that they simply have more musical chops; plus, since most alternative metal bands tend to ignore speed metal, it's refreshing to hear the influence creeping in as part of a larger sound. The lyrics skewer pop-culture figures, political correctness, prejudice, and various social concerns, and although the over-the-top humor again isn't for everyone, the occasional racist and sexist undertones have been done away with this time out (not that S.O.D. is anything but politically incorrect). For fans of the first record, Bigger Than the Devil is well worth the wait, and it sounds contemporary enough to win the group some new fans as well.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed February 15th, 2006, 10:40 am

As far as I'm concerned, the Stormtrooper of Death SOD's discography consists of "Speak English or Die" and "Live at Budokon".

I have the Live at Budokon show on DVD and it's fucking awesome.

But as far as the Signs of Dying SOD...yes there was just one CD. If you have the 2nd pressing with the live videos, that's my handy camera-work.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed February 15th, 2006, 1:08 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the Stormtrooper of Death SOD's discography consists of "Speak English or Die" and "Live at Budokon".

I have the Live at Budokon show on DVD and it's fucking awesome.

But as far as the Signs of Dying SOD...yes there was just one CD. If you have the 2nd pressing with the live videos, that's my handy camera-work.
oh wow, there are 2 SODs...Stormtroopers of Death and Signs of Dying...never thought of that. I always think of Stormtroopers... when I hear/ see SOD though.

I haven't really heard Signs of Dying...I probably have but can't recall what they sound like.

PorkishMetal

Post by PorkishMetal » Wed February 15th, 2006, 3:48 pm

http://www.signsofdying.com/

There are 3 songs at the bottom. Theyre pretty badarse

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed February 15th, 2006, 6:50 pm

PorkishMetal wrote:http://www.signsofdying.com/

There are 3 songs at the bottom. Theyre pretty badarse
thanks! I like it!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu February 16th, 2006, 2:51 am

you should get the cd, its mandatory if you post on this forum!!!!!!!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu February 16th, 2006, 4:06 am

AmoebicDysentery wrote: But as far as the Signs of Dying SOD...yes there was just one CD. If you have the 2nd pressing with the live videos, that's my handy camera-work.
I don't think it's that one; it looks kinda old-skool and demo-y. :)