open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Mon November 19th, 2007, 6:44 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:
Kurt wrote:
Blarg! wrote:kicking sound guys...
You forgot "...in the face".

Seeing this first-hand was one of the most cathartic experiences of my life, hahaha. Danzig, while he plays a lot of new material of which I'm not a fan, still has one of the most intense, atmospheric, and simply "ballsy" live shows ever.

If I were Danzig and had been doing this for over 30 years and was playing to a packed house at The Roxy and the sound guy handed me a mic that was broken, I'd probably kick him in the face, too.

completely agree!

i've seen and heard about so many band vs. fan or soundman stories and most of the time they are awesome........and deserved. like on the "live intrusion" video when Tom Araya kicks the shit out of the dude trying to get onstage. i bet that guy thinks thats the coolest thing that ever happend to him.......and Tom Araya thought it was almost as funny as i did. I heard about Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies kicking some guys ass at a show here in atlanta about ten years ago for flippin him off. or when CorpseGrinder was about to kill that asshole that threw the cup of beer on him a few years ago. even rob flynn from machine head verbally attacked the bouncers of the masquerade and threatened to stop playing completely and then violence.

hell, i've threatened to kill at least 3 soundmen from the stage.....they bring it on themselves. anyone who has played a good amount of live shows knows that soundmen can be your worst nightmare....or your best bud. theres a fine line.
Just about all the band members you named are in bands that I wouldent care to see anyways (just my opinion)

But why don't they just ignore the sound guys if they are being dicks and never play there again..its the fans that should take the vengeance against soundguys.
Besides most soundguys I have noticed suck during live shows are maybe just not used to metal,or are more used to acoustic hippie bands,so they have No idea what they were in for..

But anyways,You're right,band members kicking soundguys is mad funny

TSisterfan567

Post by TSisterfan567 » Tue November 20th, 2007, 12:14 am

while were takin about danzing, check this impersonation vid sumbody did of him.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHv3qO_Y8kk&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHv3qO_Y8kk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
I am the earth...

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue November 20th, 2007, 12:12 pm

lol that was a pretty damn good impersonation of him! :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???