New Burzum album info

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat November 21st, 2009, 10:23 am

DeathfareDevil wrote:Apparently the original image got yanked. Having never seen it, and only seeing the "no official cover image available" pic, in the context of the homosexuality comment, I was like, "Well, I guess that kind of looks like an anus."
No! Don't you know? Wagon wheels are totally gay. Go to Midtown and you see wagon wheels everywhere. A wagon wheel once raped me, but it was in prison so it doesn't count.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat November 21st, 2009, 12:38 pm

DeathfareDevil wrote:Apparently the original image got yanked. Having never seen it, and only seeing the "no official cover image available" pic, in the context of the homosexuality comment, I was like, "Well, I guess that kind of looks like an anus."
Bwhaha! It was this image, superimposed over the text. With no anus.
Nyarlathotep wrote:No! Don't you know? Wagon wheels are totally gay. Go to Midtown and you see wagon wheels everywhere. A wagon wheel once raped me, but it was in prison so it doesn't count.
You guys are killing me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun November 22nd, 2009, 4:00 am

VOEGTLIN wrote: Greco-Roman art tends towards the homoerotic b/c the male body was eroticized and older, established men took on male "concubines" for a better word in addition to their wife. The relationship was more of a "tutelage" than sexual. But a carnal element was present.

There's a reason why the Hellenic Hoplite was considered such a fierce warrior. Not only were they fighting for their land, they were fighting for each other~
Well, not ALL of the hoplites were like that, but the Sacred Band of Thebes certainly were. The entire unit of 300 men was comprised of pairs of male lovers...which sounds almost like a joke today, but they were one of the best fighting units of their day, even defeating an army from Sparta three times their size. They were annihilated by Philip II of Macedon at the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.
Ironically, Phillip's son, Alexander the Great, commanded the Macedonian forces that crushed the Sacred Band. He was eighteen.

(Sorry, I've been reading a book on ancient battles lately...gotta love the Bargain Books table at Barnes & Noble. :lol: )

EDIT: I didn't know the actual burial site of the Sacred Band was excavated and is now marked with a monument. (!) That makes two such monuments in Greece: the actual site where the 300 Spartans fell at Thermopylae -- just like in the movie, since they found a LOT of arrows in one spot -- is also marked. If I ever get to Greece, I want to visit that memorial.

SHRED FOR SATIN

Post by SHRED FOR SATIN » Sun November 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:
VOEGTLIN wrote: Greco-Roman art tends towards the homoerotic b/c the male body was eroticized and older, established men took on male "concubines" for a better word in addition to their wife. The relationship was more of a "tutelage" than sexual. But a carnal element was present.

There's a reason why the Hellenic Hoplite was considered such a fierce warrior. Not only were they fighting for their land, they were fighting for each other~
Well, not ALL of the hoplites were like that, but the Sacred Band of Thebes certainly were. The entire unit of 300 men was comprised of pairs of male lovers...which sounds almost like a joke today, but they were one of the best fighting units of their day, even defeating an army from Sparta three times their size. They were annihilated by Philip II of Macedon at the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.
Ironically, Phillip's son, Alexander the Great, commanded the Macedonian forces that crushed the Sacred Band. He was eighteen.

(Sorry, I've been reading a book on ancient battles lately...gotta love the Bargain Books table at Barnes & Noble. :lol: )

EDIT: I didn't know the actual burial site of the Sacred Band was excavated and is now marked with a monument. (!) That makes two such monuments in Greece: the actual site where the 300 Spartans fell at Thermopylae -- just like in the movie, since they found a LOT of arrows in one spot -- is also marked. If I ever get to Greece, I want to visit that memorial.
Okay, so I figured I've lurked here long enough.

In regards to your post Paul, I've been to this spot in Greece, and let me just say it is nothing special. All it is now is a hill beside a highway...
I have a picture somewhere, let me find it.

Edit:

The burial hill:

Memorial:

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun November 22nd, 2009, 2:09 pm

nice pics... resize is your friend!

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Mon November 23rd, 2009, 12:10 am

This page has been totally goatse'd.

And all this wagon wheel talk has made me think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3jgo5ea_zc

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon November 23rd, 2009, 3:16 am

Okay, so, Thermopylae isn't too impressive. I'd heard the site was near a modern highway, and the ocean that was close to the site (as in the movie) has receded due to land shifts and elevation changes.

Oh, well.

The thought of 700 "Thespians" involved in the battle is kinda....interesting.
"Okay, men! Act like you're fighting! Pretend to take that hill, you apes!" :lol:
Last edited by WREKage-Paul on Tue December 8th, 2009, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon November 23rd, 2009, 10:47 am

DeathfareDevil wrote:And all this wagon wheel talk has made me think of this:
Thank you for this.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon December 7th, 2009, 12:41 pm

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Mon December 7th, 2009, 12:59 pm

I'm afraid he is turning into the "black metal" Dave Mustaine with a little Ghaal sprinkled over him.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon December 7th, 2009, 4:11 pm

DeathfareDevil wrote:This page has been totally goatse'd.

Dude -- this PSA was so deeply imbedded in my subconcious, I'd forgotten all about it. Yet it all came flooding back.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon December 7th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Knucklehead wrote:

Dude -- this PSA was so deeply imbedded in my subconcious, I'd forgotten all about it. Yet it all came flooding back.
hahaha you're showin' your age there :wink:

I didn't know they showed psa's on TV besides on something like PBS (now I'm showing my age lol)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue December 8th, 2009, 10:14 am

Metalfreak wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

hahaha you're showin' your age there :wink:
As if the hairline didn't.
Metalfreak wrote:I didn't know they showed psa's on TV besides on something like PBS (now I'm showing my age lol)
It was a different age. People actually believed that TV could be used for good. I think this particular PSA was part of the whole School House Rock family. I may be wrong on that.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue December 8th, 2009, 10:44 am

Knucklehead wrote:I think this particular PSA was part of the whole School House Rock family. I may be wrong on that.
I'm not sure, but I remember this still being on ABC saturday mornings even in the mid 80's. I remember another one this little guy was in about freezing orange juice in ice cube trays.

Diana

Post by Diana » Tue December 8th, 2009, 1:21 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:I think this particular PSA was part of the whole School House Rock family. I may be wrong on that.
I'm not sure, but I remember this still being on ABC saturday mornings even in the mid 80's. I remember another one this little guy was in about freezing orange juice in ice cube trays.
HAHAHA! I forgot about that dude. I never did get my frozen kool-aid cubes to work like his did. He's a fraud.