Anthrax
6%
other...
28%

Total votes: 18

Matt

Favorite 80's Heavy Metal Band

Post by Matt » Thu February 9th, 2006, 7:19 pm

i have never done a poll so here we go.... im trying to avoid the more extreme stuff and more agressive thrash and death metal, and just narrowing it done to the more traditional heavy metal.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:28 pm

Metallica! They're my all time favorite...have been for 8 years now!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Metalfreak wrote:Metallica! They're my all time favorite...have been for 8 years now!
Blaze still likes metallica more than you!!!!! :lol:

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:31 pm

Maiden put out 7 killer cds in the 80s, metallica only put out 4.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:Metallica! They're my all time favorite...have been for 8 years now!
Blaze still likes metallica more than you!!!!! :lol:
I don't know Blaze. all i know is I was born when Master of Puppets came out!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:42 pm

somewhere in time is better than master of puppets either way!!!!!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:44 pm

edit* referring to what you said before you edited it. yeah I figured that! Ride the Lightning is my favorite album...it's just I was born when MOP came out...and you're 2 years older than me! ...so you were born when RTL came out! (or around then) :D

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu February 9th, 2006, 8:50 pm

SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND REIGN IN BLOOD BOTH OWN MASTER OF PUPPETS. WORD!!!!

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri February 10th, 2006, 12:35 am

Matt wrote:SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND REIGN IN BLOOD BOTH OWN MASTER OF PUPPETS. WORD!!!!

that just silly! i don't want to take a dump on either album BUT Master of Puppets had the melody of iron maiden and the aggression of reign in blood in one album. hands down better than both. i love reign in blood and think its one of the best metal albums ever made, but still doesn't measure up to MOP.

and as far as maiden and their seven albums in the 80's is concerned.....THEY ALWAYS PUT OUT A BUNCH OF RECORDS! its just a fact. Metallica toured the entire decade so they hardly had time to record their four albums.

regardless, Metallica, Maiden and Slayer are three of the best metal bands ever assembled and have all three put out albums that changed the world!

there is my mandatory Metallica rant!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri February 10th, 2006, 2:33 am

hmmmm, opinions. i love old metallica. and i love maiden and slayer. but id say Somewhere in time and reign in blood are better than MOP, but MOP is good. i still like ride the lightning and kill em all better.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri February 10th, 2006, 9:10 am

Wow, so many good bands not mentioned. Coroner, Forbidden, Possessed, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Exhorder, Sanctuary, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Motorhead, Vio-lence, Sodom, Venom, Annihilator, Exodus, Metal Church, Nuclear Assault, Voivod, Rigor Mortis, Helloween, Celtic Frost, Powermad, Agent Steel, Forced Entry, on and on.

I can't pick just one... I think they all brought something interesting to metal.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri February 10th, 2006, 10:27 am

BoB wrote:Wow, so many good bands not mentioned. Coroner, , Possessed, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Exhorder, Sanctuary, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Motorhead, Vio-lence, Sodom, Venom, Annihilator, Exodus, Metal Church, Nuclear Assault, Voivod, Rigor Mortis, Helloween, Celtic Frost, Powermad, Agent Steel, Forced Entry, on and on.

I can't pick just one... I think they all brought something interesting to metal.
well, he did say he was trying to stay away from the extreme stuff. which cancels quite a few you mentioned. with the exception of Motorhead, Death Angel and Voivod, this list of bands can't stand against Metallica, Maiden or Slayer. in my opinion. eventhough i really like/love some the bands you bring up here, most of them just aren't in the same league.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri February 10th, 2006, 11:13 am

BlazeTSU wrote:well, he did say he was trying to stay away from the extreme stuff. which cancels quite a few you mentioned. with the exception of Motorhead, Death Angel and Voivod, this list of bands can't stand against Metallica, Maiden or Slayer. in my opinion. eventhough i really like/love some the bands you bring up here, most of them just aren't in the same league.
OK, the Slayer-vs-Metallica tangent got me into the mindset of the kinda bands I mentioned. In that case, Maiden wins hands down. Honorable mention goes to Motorhead, Mercyful Fate, and Judas Priest.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri February 10th, 2006, 11:39 am

haha, most of you know me and my metallica worship but just one look at my avatar and theres no doubt who i voted for.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri February 10th, 2006, 4:01 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:haha, most of you know me and my metallica worship but just one look at my avatar and theres no doubt who i voted for.
I see you have the Ride the Lightning shirt on! (or who ever that is)