What is everybody currently listening to?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu February 3rd, 2005, 11:43 am

Greg wrote:Daniel has a poster of Devin Townsend on his ceiling above his bed so he knows what he's talking about. :lol:

this explains a lot Dan... I think we've made a breakthrough with your therapy.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri February 4th, 2005, 5:29 am

Damn thats Devin Townsend?

No wonder he wrote a song called Suicide.

He looks like Napoleon Dynamite. :shock: :mrgreen:

bobnoxious wrote:
Greg wrote:Daniel has a poster of Devin Townsend on his ceiling above his bed so he knows what he's talking about. :lol:

this explains a lot Dan... I think we've made a breakthrough with your therapy.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon February 7th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Crotchduster - Big Fat Box of Shit

Goddamn I like this album. It's NUTS. I briefly read a few things that said this album mixed music from virtually every genre, and I kinda dismissed it, but goddamn that is accurate. This CD is highly entertaining. The comedy factor is way up there and the musicianship is quite impressive, but I do wonder if they could pull it off live.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon February 7th, 2005, 1:48 pm

ratanda wrote:Crotchduster - Big Fat Box of Shit

Goddamn I like this album. It's NUTS. I briefly read a few things that said this album mixed music from virtually every genre, and I kinda dismissed it, but goddamn that is accurate. This CD is highly entertaining. The comedy factor is way up there and the musicianship is quite impressive, but I do wonder if they could pull it off live.
Did EJ's review of it help sway you?

I agree, it's pretty wild how virtually everything you can think of is on there.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Tue February 8th, 2005, 1:15 am

Greg wrote:
ratanda wrote:Crotchduster - Big Fat Box of Shit

Did EJ's review of it help sway you?

I agree, it's pretty wild how virtually everything you can think of is on there.

Hey , I do believe I am the one who turned EJ on to Crotchduster , and even burned Dan a copy , plus not to mention posted it months ago. LOL , DAMMIT gimmie credit!

LOL , finally got my pc netwroked , so I am back on the boards.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue February 8th, 2005, 11:18 am

::jumps on the crotchduster bandwagon:: "LISTEN UPP MOTHERR FUCKKKKERRSSS!"

I've had that part of "Mammal Sauce" stuck in my head all day. And then at work I heard a song on the radio that uses a Vocoder and Crotchduster did it way better and I wanted to smash the radio.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue February 8th, 2005, 11:44 am

Greg wrote:Did EJ's review of it help sway you?

No, actually. I found EJ's review after hearing the CD.

And yes, Mammal Sauce is fucking catchy as hell. Parts of that song have been stuck in my head for days. And their use of the vocoder is fucking hilarious, and good!

And is that John Tardy at the end????????

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed February 9th, 2005, 9:15 am

i've listened to tons of MOTORHEAD, THE MISFITS, WOVEN HAND and EMPEROR lately.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Sat February 12th, 2005, 12:30 am

BlazeTSU wrote:i've listened to tons of MOTORHEAD, THE MISFITS, WOVEN HAND and EMPEROR lately.

Fuck Yeah , The Misfits (my all time fave)

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat February 12th, 2005, 1:10 am

metal-wise I've been listening to a lot of Atheist, Buckethead, Fates Warning & Project Failing Flesh.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue February 15th, 2005, 5:35 am

Listening a bit more to some power-metal lately, since Stratovarius was confirmed for ProgPower. I've decided they're not as bad as I remembered. :) Also listening to PPUSA performers Manticora (power-) and Circus Maximus (prog-metal). Of the two bands announced today, I'll have to find some stuff by Pink Cream 69...but I'm 'set' with Orphaned Land and psyched that they're playing. (Both are US debuts.)

I've got a shitload of CDs (20 or so) that should be here tomorrow. DHL has been bouncing them around town for four days now. D)elayed H)andling L)amers.

WuDi, w/o competition

Post by WuDi, w/o competition » Wed February 16th, 2005, 10:28 pm

I thought this topic had been done to death, but I was wrong. That's why I'm thankful for more metal, because even though all I read on here is "who drinks the rancid sperm of other, more 'metal' metal bands", it's still comforting. If you'll permit me and agree, it really started with some bands mentioned earlier, including, but not limited to, The Misfits, Motorhead, leading into Venom, Obituary (a personal favorite of mine), most certainly Slayer. Metal is a pure injection of musical ferocity, dually invoking more imagery and projecting more vivid soundscapes than any other type of music. It's cathartic to many; for others, simply the most efficient way to numb the mind and sooth the body.
The relief and gratitude comes from the fact that, though they'll all fit into their respective little tagged-and-labelled, comfort-fit genres, the music is still coming. Bands are still making the effort. And consequently, metal is poised to become one of the most lasting genres to have emerged within the last thirty-five, forty years.

I like Mastodon. And Beck: Mellow Gold

bid

Post by bid » Thu February 17th, 2005, 3:52 pm

umm... 92.9...
bidyut

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu February 17th, 2005, 3:58 pm

I'm currently in the studio listening to the new Bloodbath and Impaled albums we got in today, both of which are fucking amazing.

Century Media's on one hell of a roll with these two albums and the new Dark Tranqulliity album under their name. It almost makes up for the 95% of the other bands on there that suck.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu February 17th, 2005, 6:22 pm

Century Media signed Eyes of Fire, which are the worst fucking band EVER. I saw them open for Danzig in Vegas a few months ago (It was a semi-Misfits reunion show so fucking Slayer could have opened and I'd think they suck, but this was beyond bad). They even made Bleeding Through seem almost good. The coolest thing about that band was the bassist was wearing and Extreme Noise Terror shirt, and I don't even like ENT!!