Who here has a great job?

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Peltacorpse

Post by Peltacorpse » Sat April 16th, 2005, 11:32 pm

mrjumping wrote:
Peltacorpse wrote:I work for fucking Starbucks. Cock in ass.
Which starbucks?

Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw. The Shoebucks across from Chuck E. Cheese's.
America was asking for a water poop joke...I have served it.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed April 20th, 2005, 3:30 am

Zane wrote:I am a warehouse mngr. for a Boar's Head Deli distro in Mableton.
Yumm, Boar's Head. Zane, please be my friend. Their stuff is too damned expensive to buy regularly. :D

Oh, I suppose I should mention that I'm working my other seasonal job right now, at the Georgia Rennaissance Festival, at the Starfire Swords booth. (I've known the blacksmith for years.) I actually get paid for it, even though I'd probably do it for a free pass and some gas-money. Drop by, say hi, buy a sword or a dagger or something. I'm the guy working there who doesn't weigh 300+ lbs. :twisted:

If the Faire's promotions people had better sense this year, we could be giving away tickets for it on WREKage, but nooooooooo......

I've also been doing some editing and proofreading on the side, for a friend's UK-based publishing house. She's just offered to pay me for it, so I guess that's kinda-sorta Job #3. Not that I expect much money out of it anytime soon....

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Thu April 21st, 2005, 5:17 pm

I work at Pike's It sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu April 21st, 2005, 6:15 pm

i work at brusters ice cream. it sucks. anyone know any places that are hiring?

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat April 23rd, 2005, 6:36 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:
Zane wrote:I am a warehouse mngr. for a Boar's Head Deli distro in Mableton.
Yumm, Boar's Head. Zane, please be my friend. Their stuff is too damned expensive to buy regularly. :D

Oh, I suppose I should mention that I'm working my other seasonal job right now, at the Georgia Rennaissance Festival, at the Starfire Swords booth. (I've known the blacksmith for years.)

Are you kidding? the stuff is so expensive now I can't even afford it and I get it at cost. I also have to buy it unsliced in bulk like the stores do. But at the stores you pay a 100% markup from what i pay per pound. I just have to get 3-5 pounds instead 1/2- 1.
I was offered a job at renfest but i won't have the time to do it.

I also do acting on the side and just got paid today, it's sweet to get a little dough for something that deosn't feel like work at all.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 1:05 pm

Zane wrote: I was offered a job at renfest but i won't have the time to do it.
That sucks.... Doin' what?

Not surprisingly given the number of longhairs at the Faire, I've discovered quite a nest of metalfans there. I should make up some WREKage flyers and post them out by the campsite. :twisted:
I also do acting on the side and just got paid today, it's sweet to get a little dough for something that deosn't feel like work at all.
Yep, that's pretty much how it is with me at the Faire. Hell, I'd almost do it for a free pass and gas-money. :)