Pentagram

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu November 19th, 2009, 4:21 pm

V-GER wrote:I am very disappointed with the opening act being Sons Of God. Maybe Masquerade can weigh in on this. How did they get on this bill? Who books these tours? How do they belong with 2 incredible doom metal bands? Couldn't one of a number of good local bands been added? These guys are blatant bible thumping hipsters cashing in on the youth demographic with their trash. What really pisses me off is on their myspace, just like all bogus bullshit under the disguise as Christians, they beg for money. I will still go to support the legends of Pentagram and of course the mighty Gates Of Slumber. Any feedback would be welcome from the establishment.
If this is the same band from Carollton that I'm thinking of, they've actually been a pretty good live act the five or six times I've seen around town (as far as the whole Atlanta sludge thing goes). I wasn't even aware of their religious leanings until recently.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu November 19th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Were you looking at the other band called Sons of God?

The one on this tour is pretty sludgy. But still just as Christian.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Thu November 19th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Oops........................................ :oops: Thanks Knut and Tommy! I thought I lost my mind. I have no problem with Christian bands but I will look into them.

masquerade

Post by masquerade » Thu November 19th, 2009, 7:39 pm

I haven't been notified of any opening act other than Gates... We are actively seeking a couple of suitable local acts to support, though.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu November 19th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Haha, they're listed on your site as local support. I've heard good things about them so I'm looking forward to it.

You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding local bands for this show. The Atlanta sludge scene is pretty good and I'm sure a lot of them would love to play with a doom legend like Pentagram.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Thu November 19th, 2009, 8:19 pm

masquerade wrote:I haven't been notified of any opening act other than Gates... We are actively seeking a couple of suitable local acts to support, though.
I found it on your website.

masquerade

Post by masquerade » Thu November 19th, 2009, 9:25 pm

They have been booked as one of the local support acts. We look forward to having them. I listened to some of their music and am impressed. Hope you guys support them.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon November 23rd, 2009, 8:57 pm

so im waiting on confirmation but im pretty sure the spew will be on this... meaning we will have cheap(er) tickets to sell so help us out and buy em!
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon November 23rd, 2009, 10:30 pm

Spewtilator wrote:so im waiting on confirmation but im pretty sure the spew will be on this... meaning we will have cheap(er) tickets to sell so help us out and buy em!
That's great. I hope you guys can get on this bill- throw a little thrash in the mix. Next time I see you I'll be hitting you up for tickets.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue November 24th, 2009, 11:52 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Spewtilator wrote:so im waiting on confirmation but im pretty sure the spew will be on this... meaning we will have cheap(er) tickets to sell so help us out and buy em!
That's great. I hope you guys can get on this bill- throw a little thrash in the mix. Next time I see you I'll be hitting you up for tickets.
me too man, would love to play with pentagram plus its on a saturday night.
I'm gonna do everything in my power to have tickets to sell by the new years show so if you plan on coming to that you can pick one up there
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu November 26th, 2009, 11:52 am

just got confirmation, we are on. we've got $18 advance tickets so anyone that wants one get in touch.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon November 30th, 2009, 7:06 am

talked with the guys and decided to sell the tickets for $15. cheapest you'll get em. hit me up

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue January 12th, 2010, 12:36 pm

We've still got $15 tickets for this.

It will be at least $20 at the door and the advance tickets you'll find elsewhere are $18 so hit me up and save yourself some dough.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue January 12th, 2010, 9:55 pm

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu January 14th, 2010, 12:40 pm

This is on a Saturday, so I think I'll be making it out!