11/14 @ Masq. Darkane/Soilwork/SYL

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

necroodin

11/14 @ Masq. Darkane/Soilwork/SYL

Post by necroodin » Mon November 14th, 2005, 9:18 am

Would be interesting to see Darkane. Has anyone seen SYL before? Wouldn't mind hearing some of the older business.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 14th, 2005, 9:51 am

I've seen them before. They're pretty good. Not my favorite but they're not bad. I'd like to see Darkane cause I haven't seen them before but I don't think I'll be going to this show since I'm broke!

holly
WREKage Staff

Re: 11/14 @ Masq. Darkane/Soilwork/SYL

Post by holly » Mon November 14th, 2005, 9:58 am

necroodin wrote:Would be interesting to see Darkane. Has anyone seen SYL before? Wouldn't mind hearing some of the older business.
SYL is awesome live.
& Soilwork has the best sound out of anyone I've ever seen at the Masquerade.

brutaldeath

Post by brutaldeath » Mon November 14th, 2005, 11:45 am

weird that Fear Factory is not mentioned here.... I love them....
I do not care for Strapping or Darkane or Numetal Work.....

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Mon November 14th, 2005, 3:52 pm

i was going to go to see darkane...but im not paying that much for one band
play your gloom axe

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed November 16th, 2005, 9:57 am

so how was the show? I wish I could have gone...there was a combination of being broke and having homewrok to do...

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed November 16th, 2005, 10:40 am

I didn't feel like leaving the house.

Strange

Post by Strange » Wed November 16th, 2005, 10:50 am

It was excellent. I missed Darkane (heard they were really good though), but Strapping fucking owned. Soilwork sounded really good. FF always puts on a good show. Burt's harsh vocals sounded better than they have in a long time. But I really wish they'd deviate a bit from their setlist...or at least add "Escape Confusion" to it.

But again, Strapping fucking owned. Devy sounded great and Gene made the impossible look effortless...as usual.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed November 16th, 2005, 4:56 pm

Darkane was really good. They played 2 from the new album, 2 from Expanding senses, 1 from Insanity, and 1 from Rusted Angel. Hmm, maybe it was 3 from the new one. They only played 30 minutes.

SYL played about 35 minutes. The older ones they played were Velvet Kevorkian, All Hail The New Flesh and In The Rainy Season.

Strange

Post by Strange » Wed November 16th, 2005, 5:00 pm

ratanda wrote:Darkane was really good. They played 2 from the new album, 2 from Expanding senses, 1 from Insanity, and 1 from Rusted Angel. Hmm, maybe it was 3 from the new one. They only played 30 minutes.

SYL played about 35 minutes. The older ones they played were Velvet Kevorkian, All Hail The New Flesh and In The Rainy Season.
Dude! This is the second show in a row that we've both been at that I haven't seen you. Where were you?
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed November 16th, 2005, 5:30 pm

I completely forgot about this show.
I hate school.
:cry:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu November 17th, 2005, 1:32 am

Strange wrote:
ratanda wrote:Darkane was really good. They played 2 from the new album, 2 from Expanding senses, 1 from Insanity, and 1 from Rusted Angel. Hmm, maybe it was 3 from the new one. They only played 30 minutes.

Dude! This is the second show in a row that we've both been at that I haven't seen you. Where were you?
Hahah I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 2. During Darkane, I stood towards the back, but not that far back, and towards the left. During Strapping Young Lad I was in front of the bassist, with 2 or 3 people in front of me.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu November 17th, 2005, 9:42 am

those are short sets. how many bands wound up playing? or did FF just play for a long time?

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu November 17th, 2005, 2:28 pm

Metalfreak wrote:

those are short sets. how many bands wound up playing? or did FF just play for a long time?
Someone told me Fear Factory played an hour and a half.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu November 17th, 2005, 2:35 pm

ratanda wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:

Someone told me Fear Factory played an hour and a half.
that's a long time