Emperor...in NYC

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri December 16th, 2005, 3:51 pm

Look at the demographics, and employment breakdown related to that, and you have your explanation.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 11th, 2006, 5:01 pm

HAHA! I fly out tomorrow! I can't fucking wait!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Wed July 12th, 2006, 12:07 am

Metalfreak, you and I will have to compare notes next week. I'm going to the one on the 17th at HOB/Hollywood. I'm giddy like a schoolgirl over it, probably won't sleep a wink the night before. I'm going to take a sharpie and wear one of their t-shirts and see if those sexy Nordic beasts will sign it for me. :D
----------------------------------

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed July 12th, 2006, 12:29 am

I bet that trip will cost lots of $$$

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Wed July 12th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Well, it would be very expensive, except that I'm using a special Delta pass I have because my stepfather used to work for them. I get airfare for really cheap. My brother's going with me, and since he went to school out there, we're staying with one of his buddies so we won't have to spring for a hotel room. So it really isn't going to cost as much as one might think.
The tickets for the show are another story, as will be all the other "extras" like beverages and t-shirts and what-not.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu July 13th, 2006, 2:03 am

Is Emperor breaking up after the 2 US dates? If so, that's pretty lame

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu July 13th, 2006, 3:40 am

im pretty much out of all black metal. ngbm.......

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Thu July 13th, 2006, 8:09 am

I read an article in the latest Revolver that seemed to have a positive outlook for Emperor's remaining together. They said they'd never really had any bad blood when they broke up and when they finally started playing together it "felt good." The interviewer asked them if they would consider making a new album and there were simultaneous replies of "yes" and "no." (I'm not sure who said what).
My gut feeling says that Emperor would like to get back together, and they're just "scoping the waters" to see how well more touring would do. Notice that there were only two shows for months and months and then they suddenly added the last two at the last minute.
Maybe it's Candlelight's way of finding out how well an album woudl do. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu July 13th, 2006, 8:13 am

I got the plane tix and lodging for really cheap...as far as money spent on shit I don't need...that's another story! and there's the concert ticket but I kinda need that! the show is tomorrow night...I hope I can bring a camera in but I don't know. This is gonna be one hell of a show!

Ecrypt

Post by Ecrypt » Fri July 14th, 2006, 9:17 am

from blabbermouth.net :

EMPEROR: New York City Setlist Revealed - July 14, 2006
According to one concert attendee, Norwegian black metallers EMPEROR performed the following set during their July 13 concert at B.B. King Blues club in New York City:

01. Into The Infinity Of Thoughts
02. The Burning Shadows Of Silence
03. Cosmic Keys To My Creations & Times
04. Thus Spake The Nightspirit
05. An Elegy Of Icaros
06. Curse You All Men
07. With Strength I Burn
08. Towards The Pantheon
09. The Majesty Of The Nightsky
10. The Loss And Curse Of Reverence
11. In The Wordless Chamber
12. Inno A Satana
13. The Wanderer (from tape)
---------------------------------------
14. Opus A Satana (from tape)
15. Ye Entranceperium

As exclusively reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET yesterday, EMPEROR arrived on U.S. soil for the first time in years one member short. Due to continued delays via the U.S. Immigration Services, guitarist Samoth was unable to enter the United States in time for the show ? this despite daily calls from both Norwegian and U.S. representatives of the band to multiple departments in the U.S. embassy in Oslo and Stateside governmental departments and agencies.

EMPEROR will perform again tonight (July 14) at B.B. King Blues Club in New York City before flying over to Los Angeles for their July 16 performance at Key Club. The band's final performance is scheduled for July 17 at House of Blues in West Holywood.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 14th, 2006, 9:46 am

oh crap...I hope Samoth is there tonight! but that is a good setlist!

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Fri July 14th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Ecrypt wrote:
EMPEROR arrived on U.S. soil for the first time in years one member short. Due to continued delays via the U.S. Immigration Services, guitarist Samoth was unable to enter the United States in time for the show ? this despite daily calls from both Norwegian and U.S. representatives of the band to multiple departments in the U.S. embassy in Oslo and Stateside governmental departments and agencies.
Oops!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat July 15th, 2006, 9:54 am

holy fucking shit the show was awesome! yeah that setlist that's posted is what was played. I was able to sneak a camera in but I don't have the pics developed yet...hopefully they're good. It was a cheap disposable camera. also, yesterday, Emperor did a signing at Borders near Central Park so I got to meet them. That was awesome cause there were all these people in there that weren't metalheads and one asked me what was going on so I told her that Emperor was gonna be there. She made the observation that we (the metalheads) all looked that same...you know black band shirts...I just told her that it's the standard metalhead uniform. hehe

anyways, if I can figure out how to post pictures on here, they should be posted in a few days. One of the hispanic dudes was at the show too...the one with the long hair and beard and who usually wears a Behemoth shirt.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat July 15th, 2006, 2:53 pm

i'm jealous

Pat

Post by Pat » Sat July 15th, 2006, 7:35 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i'm jealous
i agree 100% and then some more. i bet that show fucking killed.