Necrophagist/Arsis

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun May 21st, 2006, 8:04 pm

Regardless of where this is Im going to try my best to go, someone should film it. If I go I may do it myself.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun May 21st, 2006, 8:27 pm

Matt wrote:do they even have any hardcore bands from there, cant think of any except that one band in full effect, are they even still around????
I don't think so; & I dunno if In Full Effect is around anymore...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 21st, 2006, 8:56 pm

then they arent any better than atlanta even if they are stealing the shows, metal and hardcore. probably suffering from draws too. even if they get draws from columbia SC it is still an hour away. which helps for big shows but not local shows really

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sun May 21st, 2006, 10:26 pm

Matt wrote:then they arent any better than atlanta even if they are stealing the shows, metal and hardcore. probably suffering from draws too. even if they get draws from columbia SC it is still an hour away. which helps for big shows but not local shows really
Yeah, but a lot of SC kids drive to Columbia and Charlotte for shows anyway, so driving to Augusta isn't really any trouble.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon May 22nd, 2006, 1:52 am

In Full Effect is still around, but I dont think they do much. They played in Atlanta on that new years day show at MJQ. But I dont agree with Kyle on the coming over here from Europe and playing shitty little venues. Im not everyone but I would much rather play places like 7G and The Neutron Bomb every night than places like the Masquerade. And when I go on tour I fully expect that.

I played in a pizza shop friday night that was smaller than the Idefy house and there were literally 40 or so people in there and everyone was having a good time, best show of the little tour we did. DIY shows to me are more important than bigger ones. Fuck bands that want the rockstar life. And im not saying that all bands need to play little pizza houses every night and refuse to play big shows, so dont take it like that, but I think some bands expect a little to much and need to understand that its not about how big the place is or how many people come out (though it is great when its there are more people there), its about doing what you love and having fun with your friends playing music, whatever kind it may be.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon May 22nd, 2006, 7:50 am

TheKshatriya wrote:
Fuck bands that want the rockstar life. And im not saying that all bands need to play little pizza houses every night and refuse to play big shows, so dont take it like that, but I think some bands expect a little to much and need to understand that its not about how big the place is or how many people come out (though it is great when its there are more people there), its about doing what you love and having fun with your friends playing music, whatever kind it may be.
I agree with you Neal, Im not trying to say that a tour like this deserves the manhattan square ball room every night of the tour, Im jsut saying that no band wants to do a 2 and 1/2 month tour and play venues like 7G every single night. Which hasnt happened with this tour as they hit some nice venues in Chi-town, New York, Seattle, and the California Metalfest with Suffocation and Disgorge. And in all honesty, insupport of what your saying, if your playing metal you should expect shows like that anyways just because it isnt the most widespread accepted genre of music in the world. Im just saying playing venues like 7G night after night may get a little old for a band. I mean Necrophagist isnt new to the scene, they may have released onset in 99' but they started doing shows back in like 92' or 94'.

Are you touring with Depression Neal? Im assuming your not touring with Kshatriya.

This thread has kind of digressed. I agree with what you guys are saying with the small venues and metal and that just being one of the truths of the trade but all Im saying is no matter how dedicated and enthusiastic you are, if you play small venues all the time it may get old after a while.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Mon May 22nd, 2006, 11:20 am

I'll get things back on track - Necrophagist, Arsis, Neuraxis, and Alarum are going to be fantastic. That's also 4 different countries of origin right there. Pretty awesome show if you ask me, in spite of the venue.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon May 22nd, 2006, 1:44 pm

So, I've got at least 2 available seats in my car. If you want to go to this, can meet me at my house (a mile from swayzes) on Thursday and you can throw in for some gas fundage, lemme know. Not sure when we'll be leaving, but Arsis and Alarum are going to be crashing at my house that afternoon, so I might just follow them to the club.

So lemme know if you want to go. I really don't want to have to drive home alone at 3 in the morning!! I'm flying to Maryland the next morning so getting a room somewhere isn't much of an option.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon May 22nd, 2006, 5:26 pm

Yeah, I was touring with Depression. Im completely done with Kshatriya...or the Kshatriya that everyone knows. I may keep it as my personal project, who knows.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 22nd, 2006, 7:58 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:So, I've got at least 2 available seats in my car. If you want to go to this, can meet me at my house (a mile from swayzes) on Thursday and you can throw in for some gas fundage, lemme know. Not sure when we'll be leaving, but Arsis and Alarum are going to be crashing at my house that afternoon, so I might just follow them to the club.

So lemme know if you want to go. I really don't want to have to drive home alone at 3 in the morning!! I'm flying to Maryland the next morning so getting a room somewhere isn't much of an option.
will, i wanna go, i'll pitch in for gas definitely.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue May 23rd, 2006, 12:00 am

Matt wrote:
Ok, cool. I think we decided we're going to leave at 4pm.

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Tue May 23rd, 2006, 9:31 am

I just caught this show in Orlando last night. Well worth your travel to go watch/listen.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue May 23rd, 2006, 9:42 am

http://ticketspin.com/index.php?page=vi ... 8f9991f6f8

So apparently there are advance tickets for this show.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 23rd, 2006, 3:27 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ok, cool. I think we decided we're going to leave at 4pm.
ok thats fine with me , check your PM's box on here, i just messaged you for details.

Pat

Post by Pat » Wed May 24th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Will, I just might be taking you up on that offer. I gotta be pretty convincing to my parents though.