this is a plug; the Earl july 27th

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

this is a plug; the Earl july 27th

Post by post » Tue July 11th, 2006, 10:33 pm

My band Midwives is playing at 10pm.
Its an instrumental four piece band consisting of piano, drums, guitar/banjo, upright bass and other noise makers sometimes vocals and acordian. If youd like to go see something a little different come check it out Im pretty sure will be debuting a deathmetal banjo tune ( our first metal inspired attempt) but the rest of the material ranges from spaghetti westerns to piano gypsy stuff.

For anyone whos a fan of John Zorn, Tom Waits, Ennio Morricone or heard of these artist you might enjoy the show. I know its a stretch for some of you but I think a few of you might enjoy the music/show.

Well come out, Thursday 27th at the Earl
9pm Friends of the Revolution
10pm Midwives
11pm Sleep Therapy

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue July 11th, 2006, 11:38 pm

Sounds interesting - let me know if y'all ever play in Athens
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu July 13th, 2006, 11:46 am

Do you guys have a site with any samples or anything?

Post by post » Thu July 13th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Athens would be a lot of fun ill deffinitley let you know. Theres supposed to be a really good Captain beefheart tribute band from athens, dont know if there still together but we were gonna try to do something with them.

Were gonna be recording the band sometime this month or next month but there is nothing recorded of us together yet. Im real excited about putting together an album.

Jeffrey, the guy who rights most of the material in the band is a signed solo artist who writes music for independent movies and other things but his own material is different from the band although we have done some of his songs live like rabbit catcher and she traded her leg. You can check his stuff out at.
www.myspace.com/jeffreybutzer

Post by post » Sun July 30th, 2006, 9:18 pm

hey check this out for minute.........
http://www.adammedia.net/midwives/

this is a link to some really quick audio clips of the Earl show. Some are not fantastic quality but if you want to hear them, enjoy.

AND the banjo deathmetal tune titled "beeuzzlebub swahre"? was a real crowd pleaser no audio of that one but next time....