ProgPower pre-show party

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu August 19th, 2004, 8:14 am

The ProgPower pre-show party has be more rev'ed than ProgPower... Prototype, Magistral, Enertia, and Halcyon's Way. I don't know much about Magistral & Enertia, but Prototype fucking rocks. I played them on WREKage back while I was hosting - I believe Paul has some of their material - request that he play some!

Another thing I like about this is there's no ticketbastard bullshit - line up at the club like the old days.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu August 19th, 2004, 9:18 am

The only band I know anything about is Halcyon Way. I saw them, long time ago, I think when they opened at the Masquerade for Cathedral, SYL, and Samael. They blew, hard. I remember thinking that they sounded like a Disturbed ripoff. Their vocalist had the same exact look as the guy from Disturbed and he "sang" just like him. I was not impressed at all.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu August 19th, 2004, 3:45 pm

The only similarity they have with Disturbed is the vocals. They have a new singer now. I don't know what he sounds like.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu August 19th, 2004, 5:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Aug 19 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda &#064; Aug 19 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The only similarity they have with Disturbed is the vocals. They have a new singer now. I don't know what he sounds like. [/quote]
That sounds promising. It's been a while since I've seen them, so they definitely could have improved. I do remember the vocals being the one thing that stuck out in my mind, so I don't remember their music much at all. Their vocalist though, he really needed to go. Good move on their part. :m3t4l:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue August 24th, 2004, 5:13 am

Magistral played the pre-show party two years ago and were probably the surprise band of the night -- excellent show!

The pre-show party is starting to look really good, now! I feel sorry for all of the out-of-state (out-of-country!) folks who aren't flying into Atlanta in time to be there.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM