Danzig and Mayhem?

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 19th, 2004, 9:06 pm

I keep hearing stuff about this. It's supposedly on October 17 but I don't know where. This would be a fucking awesome show...well, you gotta watch out for those flying pig heads...
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun September 19th, 2004, 9:11 pm

<a href='http://www.blackestoftheblack.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.blackestoftheblack.com/</a>

So far no dates here, this may be just a west coast tour.

It's too bad last year's Blackest of the Black tour didn't come through here either. Check out this lineup from 2003 - Danzig, Nile, Superjoint Ritual, Opeth, Behemoth, and Lacuna Coil. That is a killer lineup.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sun September 19th, 2004, 9:24 pm

I like Lacuna Coil but they don't seem to fit. "blackest of the black" isn't a label i'd apply to them.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun September 19th, 2004, 9:51 pm

I read that this was cancelled.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sun September 19th, 2004, 10:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bobnoxious+Sep 19 2004, 10:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobnoxious @ Sep 19 2004, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I read that this was cancelled. [/quote]
Yep, that's what I heard too.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Mon September 20th, 2004, 2:29 am

I read on Blabbermouth it was cancelled. I still haven't heard any reasons as to why though.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon September 20th, 2004, 1:01 pm

Its coming here, i dont remember the exact date though.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon September 20th, 2004, 3:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ProstheticHead12+Sep 19 2004, 09:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ProstheticHead12 @ Sep 19 2004, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I like Lacuna Coil but they don't seem to fit. "blackest of the black" isn't a label i'd apply to them. [/quote]
That works out then since they're not on te bill.

I wouldn't mind seeing Danzig, but I'm more interested in seeing Death Angel and Eyes of Fire. When Mayhem came here with Hate Eternal, I found them to be incredibly boring. I saw them again, I think in Milwaukee right after that, and they still sucked.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed September 22nd, 2004, 6:05 pm

My freind at school today said the show was cancelled and that Mayhem is coming back in January or something like that. @Ratanda- you're not the first person to say Mayhem suck in concert. I read a review online and it said that Maniac completely blows. I'd still like to see them though because I do like some of their music. If only Dead didn't blow his brains out and Varg didn't kill Euronymous... :3v1l: They should get Attila on vocals!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Wed September 22nd, 2004, 8:33 pm

I cant wait to see Death Angel

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed September 22nd, 2004, 10:39 pm

I saw Death Angel at the Seattle Metal fest last year - they played over two hours because Strapping Young Lad, due to play before them, cancelled. Anyway, they hadn't done the new album yet so they played all old stuff - it was seriously awesome! they practically played the entire first 3 albums - acid-trip time-warp kinda shit - played with precision yet xtra heaviness. They mentioned that they hadn't played Seattle since late80s/early90s when a fan fell from a balcony or orchetra pit during the show and died - "that's a real fucking fan!". So I tried not to be a real fucking fan, moved from the balcony down to the floor and enjoyed the show.

I still haven't heard their new album but I'm told it sucks pretty bad - hopefully they'll choose live songs wisely if they ever make it here.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bobnoxious+Sep 22 2004, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobnoxious @ Sep 22 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I saw Death Angel at the Seattle Metal fest last year - they played over two hours because Strapping Young Lad, due to play before them, cancelled. Anyway, they hadn't done the new album yet so they played all old stuff - it was seriously awesome! they practically played the entire first 3 albums - acid-trip time-warp kinda shit - played with precision yet xtra heaviness. They mentioned that they hadn't played Seattle since late80s/early90s when a fan fell from a balcony or orchetra pit during the show and died - "that's a real fucking fan!". So I tried not to be a real fucking fan, moved from the balcony down to the floor and enjoyed the show.

I still haven't heard their new album but I'm told it sucks pretty bad - hopefully they'll choose live songs wisely if they ever make it here. [/quote]
Bob I am very jealous of you.

And yeah the new one sucks.