I'm retiring this friday 8/18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: I'm retiring this friday 8/18 Reply with quote

Seeing as I'm not a student anymore I can't really be a student host of the show, so this friday, 8/18, I'm retiring as a full time host of Wrekage and getting Mitch to take over my slot as the resident death metal/little bit of everything else guy that I was.

I invite all of you who I've met over the past 2+ years to come hang out at the studio one last time, whether you're an old Wrekage host or in a band or pathetic enough like me to have nothing better to do with your friday night than be at a college radio show. Laughing

I've had a blast doing Wrekage these past 2 years and have enjoyed meeting a lot of you on this board at shows or in the studio. I'll still be hanging around these forums and will be writing reviews etc. for the website, but it's time to move on from full-time hosting. Consider this my fond farewell to all of you as I get ready to move into my wing of the Wrekage retirement home.
stalindrummer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say it ain't so!!! Crying or Very sad
Mitch
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll... I'll d-d-do my best... (quivers with nervousness)
WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring this friday 8/18 Reply with quote

Greg wrote:

I've had a blast doing Wrekage these past 2 years and have enjoyed meeting a lot of you on this board at shows or in the studio. I'll still be hanging around these forums and will be writing reviews etc. for the website, but it's time to move on from full-time hosting. Consider this my fond farewell to all of you as I get ready to move into my wing of the Wrekage retirement home.

Boooooooo. This does, indeed, suck. Sad

And that retirement home is starting to get crowded, sheesh! Twisted Evil
Ghost of DarkWolfen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

You bowed out gracefully and went out with dignity thanking and appreciating all that made you a better metaler or person, that's good character you have.

Farewell.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost of DarkWolfen wrote:
Greg,

You bowed out gracefully and went out with dignity thanking and appreciating all that made you a better metaler or person, that's good character you have.

Farewell.

In addition to playing a good set of music every week and writing excellent album reviews, Greg always played the voice of reason in what was often an insanity-choir. A class act all the way.

Hey, retirements not all bad. You get to sleep on the weekends and you're put out to stud.

Cheers Greg!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg, you are one of the best in wrekage history and you'll be missed. and i'll miss making fun of james hetfield and korn on the air with you.

http://www.myspace.com/thesoulsunrest
Greg
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! I'll miss pretty much everything about hosting except answering phones and having to find creative ways to explain why I'm not playing your Slipknot or your As I Lay Dying etc. etc. requests.

I'll still remain around here and helping out the show with reviews and spot hosting duties in an emergency, but as for full time hosting I'm done unfortunately. Crying or Very sad
Ghost of DarkWolfen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring this friday 8/18 Reply with quote

You sound like you too have hung up your tr0000000 metal apron too?

Say it ain't so... Mr. Green

WREKage-Paul wrote:
Greg wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow. Not to knock on anyone but I always liked listening to Greg's segments the most (out of the current wrekage DJs). Best of luck to you man! Cool
Jinglepup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seemed to capture the theme night really well. It was like BoB ala carte with a side of Emperor. Laughing

Ah, the memories, one of the best lines by Greg was this.

F'n Dan told Paul, "Its weird but I go to Georgia Tech and I can't recite any lines from Star Wars either that's sad or good."

Then unexpectatedly, Greg chimes in like Obi Won, "This is not the Metal show you looking for."

Then again here's another...

It must have been in January the guest was a local schmocal band, Subject2Change and Dan was interviewing them, generally making a fool of himself. They had a new album out and Dan said,

"This isnt anywhere near being a stocking stuffer now, but a Valentine's Day gift."

Then Greg chimed in, "If you are looking for something to celebrate Martin Luther King Day." Dan replied, "I will get in trouble thats where that Sergeant Dee would come in and I will get in trouble for that."

I could never figure out who was Sergeant Dee? Question

Those are the good memories, good luck Greg.

Metalfreak wrote:
oh wow. Not to knock on anyone but I always liked listening to Greg's segments the most (out of the current wrekage DJs). Best of luck to you man! Cool

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me
Greg
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right either that night or the week before we played a S.O.D. song called "Sargent D and the S.O.D." that we thought was safe to play but it had a bunch of F-bombs in it or something, so he was either referring to getting in trouble for that or for the mythical Sargent D himself to bust into the studio and kick our asses.

In any case, thanks for actually remembering stuff I said. Cool
WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring this friday 8/18 Reply with quote

WREKage-Paul wrote:

Sorry, I'm still involved with the show. It'll be kinda haphazard for me over the next few weeks, though, with Dragon*Con in two weekends and ProgPower USA in four.
Ghost of DarkWolfen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring this friday 8/18 Reply with quote

"Sorry?" Nah, i'm glad you are still hammering on with the show, the legends are slowly fading away from this show. You always have such a busy schedule, just thank Ka that the Renaissance Festival is only seasonal, or you would be completely swamped.

By the way, who blocked my name from the AOL messenger?

WREKage-Paul wrote:

WREKage-Paul wrote:

Sorry, I'm still involved with the show. It'll be kinda haphazard for me over the next few weeks, though, with Dragon*Con in two weekends and ProgPower USA in four.

WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring this friday 8/18 Reply with quote

"Sorry?" Nah, i'm glad you are still hammering on with the show, the legends are slowly fading away from this show. You always have such a busy schedule, just thank Ka that the Renaissance Festival is only seasonal, or you would be completely swamped.

By the way, who blocked my name from the AOL messenger?

Hmm, I dunno.....didn't know it -was- blocked. I don't fiddle much with AOLIM any more; I only use it down at the studio for the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: WREKage All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: