Atlanta picked for Slayer's "Wall of Blood" show

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 1st, 2004, 12:21 am

<a href='http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#109' target='_blank'>http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#109</a>

This isn't exactly earth-shattering but the news section looked a little lonely...

Hopefully my prediction for the 5 L's "Wall of Shit" set somes true though.

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon November 1st, 2004, 12:36 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Nov 1 2004, 12:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Nov 1 2004, 12:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#109' target='_blank'>http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#109</a>
Hopefully my prediction for the 5 L's "Wall of Shit" set somes true though. [/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 1st, 2004, 6:39 pm

I guess I should have thrown something in there about how cool they are since they cyber-harassed Holly on her myspace site, but then I realized I don't care enough about them to give them any more press.

Holly handled them fine anyways, she told them something along the lines of "well thanks for letting me know you're going on first so I can show up late and completely miss your shitty set and still eat thanksgiving dinner with my family!"

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Mon November 1st, 2004, 7:41 pm

Call me stupid......

Okay you can stop now. What is the 5 L's? I feel kinda left out as to what the hell you are talking about Greg.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 1st, 2004, 7:53 pm

The five L's are a shitty rap-core band that has absolutely no business being anywhere near a stage with two of the biggest names in metal at the moment and a third that are out-and-out metal gods.

The only reason to go see them play would be to aid in booing them off the stage so that hopefully someone else can go on a little earlier and Jager feels bad about ruining your evening so they have to give you free stuff to make up for it.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed November 10th, 2004, 5:51 am

Or, to put it more succinctly....

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'>They Suck.</span></span></span>

Thank you, please drive through.

(BTW, I've never heard them, and while they presumably DO suck, either they're the bravest band on the planet, or they honestly have never heard of Slayer...and their famous crowds.)

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu November 18th, 2004, 12:38 pm

wow, i think its funny that killswitch is playing with slayer, but now theres a rapcore band playing?.....oh man. i remember seeing slayer with sick of it all and throughout sick of it all's set people were yelling "you suck....slay-er...slay-er....slay-er" i feel that thanksgiving will be a boofest the entire time other than mastodon and slayer

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 23rd, 2004, 5:35 am

It occurred to me that this isn't the first time an...odd.....band-choice opened for Slayer at the Tabernacle. At that Slayer/Sick Of It All/Meshuggah show, the band Static-X opened the entire evening at, like, 6pm. I think almost everyone was still waiting in line at the time. I can't imagine Static-X going over all that well before a Slayer show, either. :o

(Honesty compels me to add that I don't hate Static-X; friends of mine toured with them and they were pretty cool guys, particularly Tripp Eisen. But, playing before Slayer? Freeeow!)

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM