Interesting lineup

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri November 19th, 2004, 1:43 pm

KING DIAMOND. Also appearing on the bill will be NILE, BEHEMOTH and THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Apr. 16 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat November 20th, 2004, 2:11 pm

I love every band except BDM, i dont like them at all. But that will be such an amazing show. Is King or Nile going to headline?

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sat November 20th, 2004, 2:51 pm

It would take an act of congress for the King not to be headlining, especially if he's as big a dick as Paul and Tim say he is.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat November 20th, 2004, 9:13 pm

I believe KD is headlining. And who cares if he's a dick, it's business... at least it beats being a pussy and having to open.

I feel the same as Kshatriya about the lineup - those are 3 cool bands!

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sat November 20th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Man I've interviewed King before and he's cool as hell. Not a dick at all.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun November 21st, 2004, 12:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Nov 20 2004, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda &#064; Nov 20 2004, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Man I've interviewed King before and he's cool as hell. Not a dick at all.[/quote]
Damn, I was defending the guy and it wasn't even necessary. All the more reason to go to the show! (and all the more reason why certain WREKage hosts should quit boycotting the guys music because they were incorrectly under the impression he was a dick [which is no reason to boycott anyway. unless you've run a personality profile on each and every other metal musician, just to be fair]) B)

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sun November 21st, 2004, 12:34 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bobnoxious+Nov 21 2004, 01:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobnoxious @ Nov 21 2004, 01:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Nov 20 2004, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda &#064; Nov 20 2004, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Man I've interviewed King before and he's cool as hell. Not a dick at all.[/quote]
Damn, I was defending the guy and it wasn't even necessary. All the more reason to go to the show! (and all the more reason why certain WREKage hosts should quit boycotting the guys music because they were incorrectly under the impression he was a dick [which is no reason to boycott anyway. unless you've run a personality profile on each and every other metal musician, just to be fair]) B) [/quote]
No one is boycotting King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. In fact, we love playing King just to get to see Paul squirm. Just hasn't happened lately.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun November 21st, 2004, 6:28 pm

I love King so much, its pissed me off he hasnt been here in so damn long.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 23rd, 2004, 4:41 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Fn Dan+Nov 21 2004, 01:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fn Dan &#064; Nov 21 2004, 01:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-bobnoxious+Nov 21 2004, 01:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobnoxious &#064; Nov 21 2004, 01:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Nov 20 2004, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda &#064; Nov 20 2004, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Man I've interviewed King before and he's cool as hell. Not a dick at all.[/quote]
Damn, I was defending the guy and it wasn't even necessary. All the more reason to go to the show! (and all the more reason why certain WREKage hosts should quit boycotting the guys music because they were incorrectly under the impression he was a dick [which is no reason to boycott anyway. unless you've run a personality profile on each and every other metal musician, just to be fair]) B) [/quote]
No one is boycotting King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. In fact, we love playing King just to get to see Paul squirm. Just hasn't happened lately. [/quote]
Errr, actually, Dan, I don't squirm when you play him.

You make a comment about it every time, though.

As for being "incorrectly under the impression," Bob.... I was at that show at the International Ballroom. So was Tim. So was Skully, whose band, oddly, profited from the King's dickiness.

Were you?
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sat December 4th, 2004, 10:07 pm

I'll go just to see "the Natural Messiah" in action :lol:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue December 7th, 2004, 5:08 am

Speaking of Nile, they're starting final work on the new CD this week (yesterday, actually) in Columbia. Neil Kernon is producing and really looking forward to it. He thinks this might be the overall heaviest/fastest CD he's ever worked on. Faster than, e.g., Deicide or Skinless. A lot faster than 3IoB or Nevermore. :D

No CD title yet, but the songs are rough-done and titled.

This info is from Neil, who was hanging out during my Internet radio show on Saturday while packing for the trip, and saying his goodbyes, as he probably won't be able to hang out with the <a href='http://seismic.paulcashman.com' target='_blank'>SeismicRadio</a> crew until early January. Nice guy.

I doubt it would happen, but I jokingly suggested to him that he could bring them over to WREKage some fine Friday night. He asked how far it was, I told him, and he said "That's not too far....." :o

Since I doubt Neil even has a US drivers' license (not enough roundabouts here in the States), I can't see this happening too quickly, but hey, who knows? :D
www.wrekage.org

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue December 7th, 2004, 7:20 pm

...deicide and skinless arent fast.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed December 8th, 2004, 3:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Dec 7 2004, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Dec 7 2004, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ...deicide and skinless arent fast. [/quote]
Yep. As Neil put it, "they're not in the league of 260bpm 'fast'."

He's really excited about it. I hope I have his outlook and zest for life (and musical tastes) when I'm, like, 65. :)

www.wrekage.org