Vastion

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

necroodin

Vastion

Post by necroodin » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 7:11 pm

Just ran into their old drummer at the gas station, anyone remember these dudes or am I the only one? Some damn good shit, time to bust out my old Vastion tape.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu September 4th, 2008, 12:52 am

i used to really like vastion. i haven't even thought about them in a long time though and i don't have any of their stuff to listen to anymore. good band though.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu September 4th, 2008, 6:09 am

the cd on retribute records "closed eyes.." was pretty cool disc! havent listened to it in a minute though
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu September 4th, 2008, 7:26 am

Oh yeah I remember them. I tried out on bass for them when I was 16 but couldn't quite keep up back then. Too bad they broke up right when their CD came out. The 2 demos they did before the full length were fucking awesome. When I get home I'll upload them.

Last I heard Jeff (drummer) was living in Arizona. Did he say if he's still playing drums?

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Thu September 4th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I gathered he was working in the area(Chamblee), said the other dudes were playing again, but he didnt have time due to work, but didn't seem like a lack of interest. The look on his face when I was like HEY YOU, NICE VASTION SHIRT was akin to "@_@" he was all, 'do you really know who they are? ' he looked pleased but ya , it just sounded like makin ends meet was cuttin into extra time. I meant to offer to smoke a bowl with him but i was headin out as he was goin on in.