Nile, Behemoth April 16th Masquerade

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri April 15th, 2005, 10:20 pm

i'm sitting this one out! not only am i broke but this fight has me all excited and its like crack.........i just gotta have it!

come over anytime! seriously, lets hang out and watch some oldies. i've got plenty tank, royce(actually i think i only have two with royce), don frye, ken shamrock(back when he was a force to be reckoned with). i've also got UFC ultimate knockouts 1, 2 and 3.
Last edited by BlazeTSU on Fri April 15th, 2005, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri April 15th, 2005, 10:58 pm

withered wrote:What about you dan? will we see you there tomorrow. MIK
I'll be there for some King Diamond fo sho. Grandmaaaaa!!!!!

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Fri April 15th, 2005, 11:44 pm

I will be there.

Proclaim Death Records will have our distro set up outside after the show. Come check it out.

Post by post » Sat April 16th, 2005, 2:41 pm

when do the doors open? Does have an idea of when the headliners will take the stage? I want to go but dont want to hang out for hours waiting.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun April 17th, 2005, 8:52 am

so how was it?

the ufc was pretty darn good! chuck vs. randy didn't go my way, but the event itself was awesome. a lot better than the last ufc...........so somebody let me know what i missed with the show?

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun April 17th, 2005, 1:32 pm

It was pretty cool with a really good turnout. I missed BDM & Behemoth. Nile's sound sucked ass - I could see a lot of guitar work going on but couldn't hear any of it. King Diamond was surprisingly good with a heavier sound on the older songs. It was great to hear Andy LaRocque playing and funny to see all the old King Diamond fans (most of the chicks need to hang up their 20year old metal-chick cloths... that or drop 75lbs). I didn't tape UFC but did play a few rounds of Backyard Wrestling after the show.

:evil: GRANDMAAAAAA!!! :evil:

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun April 17th, 2005, 1:44 pm

I thought it was really good. I was pissed i missed Behemoth, but iv seen the twice so it isnt that bad. Nile was cool, but you really couldnt hear any guitars, well you could hear it, but not what they were doing. King was perfect, thats all that needs to be said.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sun April 17th, 2005, 8:50 pm

i caught most of behemoth and they were awesome. nile was a little hard to hear but i was right up front and i loved the new songs. not being familiar with king diamonds music i thought the theatrics were just goofy.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Strangler

Post by Strangler » Mon April 18th, 2005, 8:06 pm

Pretty good concert. I have to say that this was Behemoth's night. The sound guy sucked ass, so that's why Nile was the second best performance that night. 8) They played two new songs and ofcourse some of their older material. I only stayed for two songs from King Diamond and decided to leave. That hight pitch stuff was not my thing. I'm not a fan of The Black Dahlia Murder, but they're good musicians. Overall, killer show. I was glad to see Nile and Behemoth again.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Mon April 18th, 2005, 9:37 pm

The lack of respect for the King in this thread is vomit inducing.

withered

Post by withered » Tue April 19th, 2005, 8:46 am

yeah, I must admit that I have never been much of a king diamond fan but that show swayed me big time. My friend is the dancing lady/pregnant baby killer/puppet/grandma and I thought that I would have to sit through the king's show bored out of my mind but I was wrong. The king put on a great show and the sound was mixed really well too. The theatrics were very entertaining and enjoyable to me. I thought the whole show was damn good. Behemoth was awesome. those dudes came out with some super fast triple whirlwind action. it was fucking badass!! Now I have to practice my whirlwind moves!!!!! The turn out was unbelievable. I wish 10% of those fuckers would explore the local metal scene.

Mike

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue April 19th, 2005, 10:35 am

The turn out was unbelievable. I wish 10% of those fuckers would explore the local metal scene.
for real! thats the problem with atlanta. there are metalheads all over but they seem to be lazy. i see no reason why we don't have one of the biggest scenes in america. we have a lot of things going our way. wrekage, these forums, the deathgasm store, some awesome bands and we used to have some really cool places to play. and you know that when you go to a show thats full of folks that theres probably hundreds of people there that know how to play guitar, drums, bass or vocals. we should have more bands and less of a problem filling line-ups for bands that have members quit.......i'll have to shut up b/c i can go on forever, i have a large soapbox about this issue, its why i started the atlanta metal message boards in the first place. i handed out hundreds of flyers for those old forums too, with the help of some other people within the scene and still people were too lazy to check out the boards.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue April 19th, 2005, 11:37 am

I missed Behemoth. Black Dahlia Murder weren't bad, but at the start of every song they played I wondered if it was a cover or one of their own. Nile's sound was just MUD. King Diamond put on a good show though I was unfamiliar with nearly all the material until the last two songs. I would have liked to hear At The Graves, but they played The Invisible Guests which was good enough for me.

And yeah I can't believe how packed it was too. One of my friends who works as a bouncer at the Masquerade told me King Diamond was wearing a bullet proof vest, and had left the building when the band was playing the last song.

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue April 19th, 2005, 1:07 pm

Yeah, King Diamond was pretty uptight about security. Before he came on security swept thru the bar area making everyone transfer their bottled beverages into plastic cups. I stood there making them wait til I finished my bottle - fuck plastic cups.

King also canceled his Monday show in Philly due to "throat problems". maybe he was just worried about rowdy Philly crowds...

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue April 19th, 2005, 2:46 pm

King had a Toyota awaiting by the stairs outside the masquerade and he immediatley drove off...I'm sure to an "undisclosed location".

I wonder if King really had something to do with Pantera breaking up...