new album review 4/20

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

new album review 4/20

Post by Greg » Wed April 20th, 2005, 9:19 am

http://www.wrekage.org/reviews.php#65

Frankly this album is a perfect complement to the date 4/20 and I highly suggest throwing it on your stereo if you are planning on celebrating the most erroneously quoted police code for narcotics possession in recorded history.

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed April 20th, 2005, 11:57 am

"There is maybe one song on the album even remotely close to Wrekage-playable material"
Would it be so bad to air some of the other songs considering Wrekage is an 8-hour show? Trippy guitar shit is, or was, more often in the metal genre than most others. Besides, the people who yell "fag gay bitch pussy faggots" will be happy to be able to yell "fag gay bitch pussy faggots" - it gives them purpose.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed April 20th, 2005, 2:34 pm

I actually don't think the album deserves even a 6, and that's why I haven't played anything off the album. I was really surprised that Greg likes it enough to give it such a high score, because I really think it's an atrocious album. It's really unfortunate too, because Light of Day, Day of Darkness is one my all time favorite albums. I guess this album is Tchort's "Peccatum". ;)

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed April 20th, 2005, 3:51 pm

bobnoxious wrote:"There is maybe one song on the album even remotely close to Wrekage-playable material"
Would it be so bad to air some of the other songs considering Wrekage is an 8-hour show? Trippy guitar shit is, or was, more often in the metal genre than most others. Besides, the people who yell "fag gay bitch pussy faggots" will be happy to be able to yell "fag gay bitch pussy faggots" - it gives them purpose.
On most songs you have to wade through about 5 minutes of pretty bad Peach 94.9-caliber easy listening to get to the guitar parts. The 3 I listed as the recommended songs are probably the three heaviest, and two of them have lengthy slow ambient parts that in my opinion just aren't right for the show.

I was gonna play the heaviest track this week though when I get back to the show... I've been meaning to play it for a few weeks but I wanted to make sure I was in the studio to field any interesting calls we got on it, haha.

As for the score there are 11 songs, 3 I really like, 3 that are good to ok, and 5 I don't like at all. Hence a 6. I'm actually more surprised at the fact you and Paul didn't like it more than I like it, there are at least 3 really good songs on there in my opinion. I think you guys were listening expecting Light of Day part 2 and got something completely different. It's definitely not as good as the last two of their albums but as far as softer stuff goes I think it's pretty good.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Wed April 20th, 2005, 8:22 pm

I've been digging this cd for a good while. It's a different vibe on each of their cds. Seemingly more mellow. Light of Day, Day of Darkness still is my favorite of theirs I think. Good to see some other people into them.

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed April 20th, 2005, 9:13 pm

Greg wrote:On most songs you have to wade through about 5 minutes of pretty bad Peach 94.9-caliber easy listening to get to the guitar parts.
Well that sounds like some crap for fag gay bitch pussies.
how about some trippy guitar music instead?

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu April 21st, 2005, 4:55 pm

I like my stuff mellow but this is even too light for me! :lol:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu April 21st, 2005, 6:23 pm

DarkWolfen wrote:I like my stuff mellow but this is even too light for me! :lol:
Wow, now that's a damning statement against playing something off this album on Wrekage if I've ever heard one. :lol:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 2:09 pm

Greg wrote: As for the score there are 11 songs, 3 I really like, 3 that are good to ok, and 5 I don't like at all. Hence a 6. I'm actually more surprised at the fact you and Paul didn't like it more than I like it, there are at least 3 really good songs on there in my opinion.
Actually, that's just Dan. I haven't heard it yet, although it's in my ever-lengthening "CDs and DVDs to buy queue."