Ecryptus, Lilitu, Recourse, EPOCH OF UNLIGHT May 24

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

necroodin

Ecryptus, Lilitu, Recourse, EPOCH OF UNLIGHT May 24

Post by necroodin » Sun May 15th, 2005, 10:52 pm

Just thought I'd post this show up here, try to get some people out there for the Epoch! They do a great job live. \ , , /

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun May 15th, 2005, 10:54 pm

Oh yes, this is at the mighty SWAYZE'S LOUNGE and is on a Tuesday, doors @ 7PM.

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Mon May 16th, 2005, 12:17 pm

Glad you posted this reminder -- I thought I'd missed it. I'm looking forward to seeing EoU for the first time. And Lilitu, for that matter.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Mon May 16th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Right on man.. i saw EoU at Ground Zero over in Spartanburg a few years back and they were blistering. Not too into the latest Lilitu stuff but I'll be glad to check it out.

Ecrypt

Post by Ecrypt » Mon May 16th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Thanks for posting about the show, you beat me to it.
We can't wait to play the show and I'm personally really looking forward to seeing Epoch as well.
This is going to be an awesome show, a good line-up I think
Recourse is pretty solid, more thrash/hardcore than any other openers...
Like them or not, Lilitu are pretty staggering live and are really THE premiere metal band in Atlanta
and you can check out my band Ecryptus at www.darkageentertainment.com/ecryptus or www.myspace.com/ecryptus to see what you think.
hope to see you dudes there!

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon May 16th, 2005, 9:07 pm

Im going, I dont like Lillitu or Recourse, but I like watching Ecryptus play so Im gonna be there.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 16th, 2005, 10:48 pm

i will probably go. does anyone know if the Immolation, Deicide, Skinless, Despised Icon, etc show at the Masq on May 25th is a real date or not? its only on the masq site.

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Tue May 17th, 2005, 9:29 am

Matt wrote:i will probably go. does anyone know if the Immolation, Deicide, Skinless, Despised Icon, etc show at the Masq on May 25th is a real date or not? its only on the masq site.
Do you mean only on WREKage?
And also the date is Friday, May 27th. On the Masquerade site it only lists Deicide. But before they re-coded their whole site it listed all the bands. Besides, the dude who does the calender is really lazy and known for only listing the headliner, or mis-spelling band names and not correcting them, etc.

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Mon June 6th, 2005, 6:08 am

So, who made it to the show? At the last minute, going alone to a previously unvisited club sounded more unappealing than I'd imagined, even for EoU (I'm kicking myself now, but oh well).

I'm curious to know how things turned out.

Ecrypt

Post by Ecrypt » Wed June 8th, 2005, 7:18 pm

The show was overall really great. They let us play a longer set than we're used to so that was cool. Lilitu sounded good as usual, but they played even newer material that sounded sorta like it should be on a "nu-metal" label instead of The End... Their new Bassist is a really cool dude. The surprise of the night was Recourse. They totally tore shit up and sounded heavy as hell, much better than their recordings. Epoch of Unlight was amazing, pulling off some awesome technical thrash with just one guitarist. I'd been paying attention to EoU for a long time and was delighted to see them play, but I felt bad because there was literally NObody there by the time they played... They really deserve a bigger crowd. I got their new cd the Continuum Hypothesis (heh, kinda similar to ours... purely coincidental) and its a really well crafted metal album, go pick it up if you see it. But yeah, awesome show, small turnout, great performances in spite.