The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretaker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretaker Reply with quote

Hey, it's been forever since I've been on here so allow a quick intro. I host this forum, the site for WREKage and We'reNotGonnaTakeIt. I built the former two sites about 7-8 years ago to help the shows and to build some web-dev chops. I've moved on in life and have done nothing more than continue to host the sites and renew the domains. Hopefully they've been useful but they're bound to be dated and in need of some updates or overhaul.

I'm looking for an interested party to take over the care and feeding of these sites. The online world has changed considerable such that a lot of what these offer could best be served up elsewhere; Facebook pages, Google+, etc.

Any takers?

BoB
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brian
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you wanting someone to do some more webdev stuff or just take over hosting/promotion/etc? I know next to nothing about building websites but can do the rest of the stuff.
badcarburetor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your inbox full, BoB?
AmoebicDysentery

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid to renew the Atlantametal.net domain in 2009...mostly because I had a show coming up I needed to promote and the forum was down. Hah!
Mangled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need money to keep the forum running, send me a pm and ill do what i can to help.
WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, same here, if money is an issue.

My Web skillz are pretty basic (as in, HTML 2.0 basic), otherwise I'd step up and try to help on that end of things.
badcarburetor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretake Reply with quote

BoB wrote:
Hey, it's been forever since I've been on here so allow a quick intro. I host this forum, the site for WREKage and We'reNotGonnaTakeIt. I built the former two sites about 7-8 years ago to help the shows and to build some web-dev chops. I've moved on in life and have done nothing more than continue to host the sites and renew the domains. Hopefully they've been useful but they're bound to be dated and in need of some updates or overhaul.

I'm looking for an interested party to take over the care and feeding of these sites. The online world has changed considerable such that a lot of what these offer could best be served up elsewhere; Facebook pages, Google+, etc.

Any takers?

BoB

Re-reading this, I hope that you aren't thinking of cashing in this forum/board format for something like FB. Nothing wrong with FB, but it tends to discourage detailed conversations in favor of one-liner quips and little more in the way of true content. Alternately, the forum format encourage more intelligent conversation and allows for easily searchable and permanent storage of information.

Of course if you need help in the way of fund raising to keep this place running I'd gladly contribute. Set up a paypal account probably most of the regulars would kick in to keep this place alive.
Nyarlathotep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretake Reply with quote

badcarburetor wrote:
Set up a paypal account probably most of the regulars would kick in to keep this place alive.

Yep.

God damn fuckin shit

The Crawling Chaos
sleyja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretake Reply with quote

Nyarlathotep wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
Set up a paypal account probably most of the regulars would kick in to keep this place alive.

Yep.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretake Reply with quote

sleyja wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:

Yep.

Yep.
Or maybe regulars should read "old farts".
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretake Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
sleyja wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: The future of Atlanta Metal - looking for a new caretake Reply with quote

Diana wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
sleyja wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

Tricalibur wrote:
I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.
SadisticRitual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put on a gnarly benefit show.
Mangled

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadisticRitual wrote:
Put on a gnarly benefit show.

That would be sweet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: Online metal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: