Practice spaces

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Sat January 5th, 2013, 8:42 am

Ohhhhh yeah.

I wish it was the white dude with the moustache (aka "grillmaster".) He's always there. Because it's his house.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Mon January 7th, 2013, 2:50 pm

The "assistant" is named Tina. She lives there and is always there. In room 18 I think. The guy with a mustache is Steve Joz. I've never had problem getting a hold of Shaye. He's usually pretty stoked to collect rent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGPTOARYSNM

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Mon January 7th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Wow. God damn.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Tue February 19th, 2013, 8:27 pm

For all the bands that practice there, IDK what he's been doing with the rent, but the power is cut off at 2high. Aka no lights, no security. We'll probably be leaving that studio but as a heads up you may not want to leeave your valuables in a dark ghetto
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

nastynate

Post by nastynate » Tue February 19th, 2013, 9:47 pm

From what I gather from talking to Shay, he has 3+ people who haven't paid him in 1-2+ months, therefore he has bargained with the power company to shut the power off till Friday, to try to collect money from said deadbeats. Regardless, unless the rest of us "paying" clients can pay rent early, we're screwed until at least Friday.
Meanwhile, does anyone know/remember the going rates of Thunderbox, Avatar or other practice spaces?
Albert Kagan wrote:HEAVY FUCKING METLAL!

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Tue February 19th, 2013, 10:18 pm

That side of the story is bullshit and on a professional level completely unacceptable. There is no excuse for fucking over paying tenents, even if that WERE true. He has people that live there, including his assistant. This wasn't planned, there was no "deal", this is half-assed damage control while he waits for GA power to get around to restoring electricity. I suggest we go ahead and knock the equivalent of 4 days off of our rent. We have a fest to practice for and can't because of either A) his incompetence or B) his unacceptable idea of professionalism. Fuck that.
G.O.R.E.

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Wed February 20th, 2013, 7:11 am

Yeah the whole power thing is fucking bullshit our room pays our rent early every month and he's fucking 4+ bands in our space. I hear thunderbox is 400$ a month also.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Wed February 20th, 2013, 8:17 am

nastynate wrote:From what I gather from talking to Shay, he has 3+ people who haven't paid him in 1-2+ months, therefore he has bargained with the power company to shut the power off till Friday, to try to collect money from said deadbeats.
That's called constructive eviction and illegal. You all are entitled to deduct a pro rata share of your rent for every day that the power is off. Send him a letter telling him that are doing it and then do it.

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Wed February 20th, 2013, 10:12 am

Man, that is completely awful but I can't say I'm surprised. No way in hell should you guys pay a full month's rent after that.

We moved to Thunderbox just last weekend. I will miss the productive things I did at 2High with several bands and projects, but that's about it. It's one thing to have carts go missing and garage doors break, it's another to be under constant threat of having the building boarded up because of terrible management.

I wish you guys luck.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue February 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm

sounds like a place worth defending

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Wed February 27th, 2013, 9:52 am

Out of curiosity -- did they turn the power back on?

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Thu February 28th, 2013, 11:28 am

Yeah
G.O.R.E.

GhostRed7

Post by GhostRed7 » Mon April 15th, 2013, 8:00 am

Apologies for the "necrobump," how are you liking Thunderbox?

We're at the "sibling" location of Avatar...but am always looking to upgrade b/c Avatar's rooms are too damn small for us IMO.