Help me bring some sick death metal to ATL!

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

kyleatlas

Help me bring some sick death metal to ATL!

Post by kyleatlas » Wed March 5th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Hi all!
I'm new to the area. I'm trying to book a show for Tampa's Ovid's Withering on their upcoming tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfoXYpR4PXI

I'm looking for venues. I've heard Purgatory at The Masquerade is great, but I'd like to see what other spots are around, too.

So, name your favorite venues! All ages preferred.

Thank you!

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed March 5th, 2014, 11:51 pm

Swayzes

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu March 6th, 2014, 7:56 am

Yep, definitely Swayzes.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat March 8th, 2014, 8:11 am

Holy shit, yes, take this bullshit to Swayze's, you can pass out blue jeans and adidas to the people at the door, wait, they'd already have them.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sat March 8th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Sorry chief, but this probably isn't the board for that kind of show. We're more into this or this or this or this. (Well, at least some of us on that last one.)

You may try the "Atlanta Metal" I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS page. That's, strangely, a completely separate scene in Atlanta and I think they'd probably dig that kind of show.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat March 8th, 2014, 10:17 pm

Knucklehead wrote:Sorry chief, but this probably isn't the board for that kind of show. We're more into this or this or this or this. (Well, at least some of us on that last one.)

You may try the "Atlanta Metal" I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS page. That's, strangely, a completely separate scene in Atlanta and I think they'd probably dig that kind of show.

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Fri March 14th, 2014, 5:12 pm

got it
this is why I left the metal scene, too many hipsters
Newsflash, it is possible to appreciate drone and doom and funeral doom and grind and slam and black metal and old man metal and neckbeard metal and also turn out for Emmure shows. Nobody in the pit will judge you for not being intellectual enough.
peace

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri March 14th, 2014, 5:21 pm

You sir, are the breakdown death core hipster, we have plenty of diversity here, along with good taste

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Fri March 14th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Just sayin man...metal is best when it's brutal, regardless of how hard it was to write it. I'm not here to say one style is superior to another, just don't be negative! Promote the stuff you like, ignore the stuff you don't like, never disrespect someone else's work.
Everyone wants their talent to be recognized and nobody gains anything when a negative, non-constructive opinion is spoken, and I know there's a lot of musicians on here who can appreciate that principle.

easnoddy

Post by easnoddy » Fri March 14th, 2014, 5:30 pm

The sad thing is the much like most death core, there are some passable/listenable elements in it, but overall its been gheyed up and brought down by all the "coring". Good luck, but there are some much better places to post this info.

These kids simply do not get it.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri March 14th, 2014, 5:40 pm

I prefer promoting the shit I like and calling out faggotry

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Fri March 14th, 2014, 5:57 pm

kyleatlas wrote:got it
this is why I left the metal scene
http://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Fri March 14th, 2014, 6:03 pm

If I wanted to call out faggotry, I could have a field day with you. I was in the scene for a long-ass time, and IMNs are all the same.
But I won't do that. Maybe you're 23 and you still have some illusion that having advanced taste in metal is a mark of intelligence. Maybe you think you're helping to redeem a culture that is obsessed with accessible, easy, dumbed down content. Maybe you just want some of the recognition that goes to the bands you don't like to get funneled to the bands you do like, so that they can make more money and go on more tours and record more music. I get it. That was me once.
And maybe like me you'll learn that there's nothing wrong with going along with the crowd, that nobody is an island, that it's always more fun to get in the pit than to stand on the sidelines, and that going to an Alcest show and swaying back and forth with your arms crossed for an hour isn't nearly as entertaining as fist-pumping with a bunch of drunk shirtless roided up frat bros to a DJ who just played Animals for the third time that night.
I don't know where you're at, but I can say for certain, "calling out faggotry" will make you miserable and bitter someday, and you will either decide that it's a losing battle and not worth your mental energy, or you'll spend your whole life on that cycle and eventually be one of those old people who always gripes about "kids these days" and how "they don't make stuff like they used to" and probably blame most of your problems on the President.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri March 14th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Too much to read, tollololol, too easy

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri March 14th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Moloc wrote:
kyleatlas wrote:got it
this is why I left the metal scene
http://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU
I was just thinking about that exact scene earlier today.