Manilla Road - Oct 17

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed October 18th, 2017, 8:11 am

Gorgorostrich wrote:How was it?
Manilla Road was fantastic. Made up for the terrible stage and short set that they were forced to play at MDF in 2013 (my only time ever seeing them before last night). And the sound was actually pretty good after a few adjustments. Mic issues. Not too bad for the Basement. Set list was amazing. Had to bail during Necropolis. Not sure how long they played after that, but was a full fuckin set. Really enjoyed this.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Wed October 18th, 2017, 10:34 am

Manilla Road was great and I'm largely unfamiliar with their catalog. They played until somewhere between 12:45 and 1am.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed October 18th, 2017, 10:50 am

yeah they played for a good 1:45 hr. usually when bands play that long i grow weary, even when i know the songs, but this was just hit after hit. it also helps that they pack the crystal logic stuff towards the end. i only didn’t sing along to two songs, a new one and one off “metalâ€ÂÂ￾. amazing set.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed October 18th, 2017, 10:55 am

my voice is shot from yelling and i have to present to customers in a few hours. NO REGRETS
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Wed October 18th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Impressive. Going in, I was only familiar with Crystal logic and Mystification, both of which I listened to a lot in the 80's, but nothing else. It's nice to see a band play a full headlining set, and not the typical 55-minute lameness. Only complaints would be that the singer has zero stage presence, and that new song before "Flaming Metal Systems" was interminable. Oh, the venue turned out to be a pleasant surprise as well. Or at least less of a shithole than I remembered.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Wed October 18th, 2017, 5:01 pm

MS_39455 wrote:
Gorgorostrich wrote:How was it?
Manilla Road was fantastic. Made up for the terrible stage and short set that they were forced to play at MDF in 2013 (my only time ever seeing them before last night). And the sound was actually pretty good after a few adjustments. Mic issues. Not too bad for the Basement. Set list was amazing. Had to bail during Necropolis. Not sure how long they played after that, but was a full fuckin set. Really enjoyed this.
why was that stage so bad? Pentagram sounded awful too. didnt Benediction play that stage too?

I wanted to party with you guys last night but family and money and shit. Aura Noir is gonna be the shit.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Wed October 18th, 2017, 5:07 pm

I'd chalk it up to poor sound engineers who didn't know what bands were supposed to sound like, mixed with wind. I really hated that fucking stage. Pentagram, Pagan Altar and Manilla Road all suffered from that stuff.

Benediction played the other stage that was parallel to Sonar, the one Sleep and Sacred Reich played on.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Wed October 18th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Thrashmania wrote:I'd chalk it up to poor sound engineers who didn't know what bands were supposed to sound like, mixed with wind. I really hated that fucking stage. Pentagram, Pagan Altar and Manilla Road all suffered from that stuff.

Benediction played the other stage that was parallel to Sonar, the one Sleep and Sacred Reich played on.
there was a sweet ass picture of me and you and tommy sitting on the curb during one of those sets