worst atlanta bands?

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue December 8th, 2009, 11:10 pm

rhinodave wrote:Armani Death Machine has to be the absolute worst shite I have ever heard, at least locally. I went to school with the singer, who used to pick on and beat up all of the metal and punk rock kids. I remember when someone told me he was singing in a metal band, and it floored me. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all? Then I listened to it. It and he was that bad after all. He training to be a cage fighter now. No, seriously.
:shock: what? What a douchebag for beating up the metal and punk kids. Hopefully he gets his due in the cage! Yeah they sucked :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Thu July 15th, 2010, 11:08 am

All those shitty hardcore kids calling themselves things like "Metalcore" and "Grindcore".

Plus, War Against Santa Clause"

aaron

Post by aaron » Thu July 15th, 2010, 5:35 pm

You have a problem with grindcore? Just leave.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu July 15th, 2010, 6:15 pm

War Against Christ

aaron

Post by aaron » Thu July 15th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Brian wrote:War Against Christ
That's been long overdue.

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Thu July 15th, 2010, 8:24 pm

aaron wrote:
Brian wrote:War Against Christ
That's been long overdue.
we broke up. That band no longer exists. Happy?

I might be in a Power and/or Prog Metal band
aaron wrote:You have a problem with grindcore? Just leave.
Damn it, Damn it, Damn it. I was talking about what you'de call "Poser Grindcore". I mean, if you listen to Feeding the Foxes you'de know what I mean. That's why I was talking about how "Hardcore" musicans calling themselves Grindcore. I mean, they sound like abosolute shit. My band (even though I failed to have commited members) had 4 minutes worth of music and I could actually listen to it.

http://www.myspace.com/feedingthefoxes

Miss Tasty Princess

Post by Miss Tasty Princess » Mon August 9th, 2010, 12:02 pm

ADM are still around? :lol: :lol:

I wrote this review of their set opening for Strapping Young Lad and Cathedral at Masquerade:
Up next . . . KoRnKnot. OK, they were really called Armani Death Machine. Who the fuck comes up with these names? That sounds like a really dangerous sewing machine or something. You know, the one you get warned about your first day on the job at the sweat shop. "Watch out for the 'Armani Death Machine.' It took Madge's arm clean off last week and poor Bonita will never be the same since it sewed her eyelids to her cheeks." So, like I implied before, this band would not exist had KoRn and Slipknot never recorded. They had absolutely nothing of their own to add to their blantantly obvious influences other than Milli Vanilli-style "dancing" from the braided & pigtailed lead singer. I wonder if he did it with one of those things As Seen on TV? There's a mall-type store called that now, you know. I wonder how that affects products sold on TV that claim to not be available in stores? What ever happened to the Pocket Fisherman? Now, that is one nasty, not to mention downright dangerous, sounding product. I'd much rather have a Ronco Rotisserie so I could SET IT AND FORGET IT! I wish I could forget ADM but that will take years of intense therapy and our tent needs airing out pretty bad. Actually, we're thinking of getting a camper. We saw these really cool [url=http://www.Aliner.com"]Aliner[/url] pop-up A-frame campers the other day and just may have to get one. Oh, and everyone in the band did the Broken Marionette Bob quite well. Yes, their stage moves were the envy of everyone within spitting distance, but I don't think they can spit very far.
I'd also like to nominate Grayson Manor. Here's my review of them opening for Artimus Pyledriver around seven years ago at The Cotton Club:
Next up were Grayson Manor. Now, I saw the singer with Superjak several times a couple of years ago and they were nü-metal through-and-through (and I couldn't stand 'em). With Grayson Manor, on the other hand, now Brad Cox (check out the band's website at the humbly named BradCoxRocks.com) apparently thinks he's Sebastian Bach instead of Fred Durst. Every move of his (and the other three guys in the band) was a photo-op. It was like they were playing in front of a huge phalanx of non-existent paparazzi. Seriously, it was weird. Musically, they played what sounded to me like uninspired Mötley Crüe outtakes. If you like MC, I suppose that'd be great but I don't. Sorry. They also did a cover of "Live Wire" from Too Fast for Love, "the greatest album ever recorded," in their words. Oh, and lots of their songs were about bitches: anorexic/junkie bitches, bitches that make you buy them stuff before you can get in their pants and voodoo bitches who torment you (with voodoo, I suppose). After their set, a nice girl tried to get Kim and me to buy their CD. I should have asked her if she was a bitch but I didn't think of it until she'd walked away without making a sale. Oh well. Next time!

Now, if any of the guys in the band are reading this, here are some non-musical tips:
  • Soundmen probably don't like you throwing working microphones straight down onto the stage, even if it does make you look like a "badass."
  • If you're going to grab the bass player's mic off his mic stand 'cause you just threw your mic, unwrap the mic cable from the stand before you try to walk away.
  • If you have effects pedals that aren't attached to a board, TAPE THEM DOWN SECURELY, unless you want the audience to fondly remember all the times you unplugged yourself or got caught on them.
  • If you're going to do a drum solo, please learn to play drums competently first.
  • If you're going to shave your pubes 'cause you're wearing hip-huggers with no shirt, make sure the audience can't see the nasty red marks on your crotch where you shaved it.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon August 9th, 2010, 12:12 pm

I remember hearing from a fairly reliable source that Grayson Manor's songs were ghost written by one or two of the dudes from that 80s glam band Tora Tora now that he/they were living in some ATL burb. Kinda seems like Jani Lane having his autobiography ghost written by Mark Slaughter...

Going way back, anyone remember The Blonz? They were Riding on a Rainbow.

unprogrammable

Post by unprogrammable » Fri October 15th, 2010, 5:02 pm

lotza terrible ATL metal bandz and they really think they are onto something LOL. lotz of um post crap on here. losers, go get yer mommy to pay for music lesson and learn to have taste
you have no taste

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Fri October 15th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Albert Kagan wrote:All those shitty hardcore kids calling themselves things like "Metalcore" and "Grindcore".

Plus, War Against Santa Clause"
failx2

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat October 16th, 2010, 1:19 am

unprogrammable wrote:lotza terrible ATL metal bandz and they really think they are onto something LOL. lotz of um post crap on here. losers, go get yer mommy to pay for music lesson and learn to have taste
didn't you post a SOUNDGARDEN video in a thread about a INcarceri 9 show? not one to talk about taste eh?

WarAgainstSantaOfficial

Post by WarAgainstSantaOfficial » Sat October 16th, 2010, 9:49 am

Albert Kagan wrote:abosolute shit.
this is the reason we can track so many of the pages you make on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS. because you can't spell worth a shit
No Presents Will Ever Be Received From the Man Who Flies on Christmas Eve

unprogrammable

Post by unprogrammable » Thu October 21st, 2010, 8:43 pm

Brian wrote:
unprogrammable wrote:lotza terrible ATL metal bandz and they really think they are onto something LOL. lotz of um post crap on here. losers, go get yer mommy to pay for music lesson and learn to have taste
didn't you post a SOUNDGARDEN video in a thread about a INcarceri 9 show? not one to talk about taste eh?
you so funny. ya i did. it seemed to suit what i was feeling at that moment i was looking at some face pollution. why? and what does that have to do with taste? Soundgarden are awesome, maybe not always metal, but awesome.
you have no taste

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Fri October 22nd, 2010, 9:55 am

soundgarden are awesome but you still suck. stop posting on this board to just talk shit on legitimate music, j-owens.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri October 22nd, 2010, 1:21 pm

slut rag wrote:soundgarden are awesome but you still suck. stop posting on this board to just talk shit on legitimate music, j-owens.
x2 Your not welcome.