Bodies in The Gears of The Apparatus Aug 13 Macon!

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu July 29th, 2004, 3:35 pm

GRINDCORE MASSACRE!

<a href='http://www.bodiesinthegears.com/' target='_blank'>Bodies in The Gears of The Apparatus</a>
<a href='http://relloms.no-ip.com/htc/index.htm' target='_blank'>The Heuristic</a>
<a href='http://www.plaguebringer.net/' target='_blank'>Plague Bringer</a>
<a href='http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/1078/' target='_blank'>Syphilis Blaster</a>
Dead Turtle Pussy
<a href='http://www.shikami.tk/' target='_blank'>Shikami</a>
<a href='http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... 0714194537' target='_blank'>Me and Him Call it Us</a>

Friday August 13
7pm/&#036;6

Liz Reed's Music Hall [Downtown, Macon GA]
557 Cherry St.
Macon, GA

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu July 29th, 2004, 8:51 pm

CARPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drum:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 29th, 2004, 9:03 pm

Grind bands always have the coolest band names. :3v1l:

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 29th, 2004, 11:35 pm

Liz Reeds!!?!?!?!?!? :3y3s: Middle FUCKING Georia!!!!! :m0nk3yp33:

Worst city ever (insert comic book guy voice). Maybe things have changed, but the metal scene in middle georgia was non-existent when I lived there. I also had the misfortune of living there for around a decade. :P The last time I talked to EJ, it didn't sound as if things had changed much either.... <_<

Oh yeah, on a serious note, be VERY careful in downtown Macon. Be very careful where you park your car, and just watch your back walking around. I'd take my chances in Atlanta any day to Macon. There is no more downtown Macon (I'm serious) because of an insane number of arsons in the downtown area. I'm surpised Liz Reed's never got burned down, because everything else did. Man that place sucks... :m0nk3yp33:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri July 30th, 2004, 9:54 am

My old band played Liz Reeds about 2 and a half years ago. Downtown seemed pretty decent. There were loads of people out bar hopping.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri July 30th, 2004, 9:55 am

<!--QuoteBegin-AmoebicDysentery+Jul 29 2004, 08:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AmoebicDysentery @ Jul 29 2004, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> CARPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drum: [/quote]
ROADTRIP!!!!!!!

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri July 30th, 2004, 11:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Jul 30 2004, 10:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda @ Jul 30 2004, 10:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My old band played Liz Reeds about 2 and a half years ago. [/quote]
Did you guys get a crowd when you played? When I lived in that area, no one gave a shit about metal. The only concert I can remember in Macon, in recent years, that people gave a shit about was Widespread Panic. Macon could have changed since I've been around it though. I really didn't think there were any bars in downtown to "hop" to. Their are only two places in Macon that I know: Whiskey River and Club South Beach. Neither are places that I particulary fit in... :ch41n:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri July 30th, 2004, 5:06 pm

Dan, it was a metalfest with quite a few really good bands like Canvas Solaris, Malefactor, and Dick Delicious, so the crowd wasn't bad at all.

I didn't know where any bars were either, but there seemed to be quite a night life there.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Fri July 30th, 2004, 11:13 pm

deathgasm van trip?

if so, im in. i miss evan's stories :ch33rs:

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri July 30th, 2004, 11:54 pm

I cant wait to play with Bodies. I hope to see some of you there, and the next day at breakers.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat July 31st, 2004, 8:39 am

Everyone come down! There will probably be no local crowd aside from myself and maybe a couple others. Don't leave any valuables in your cars, however. You see, there is NOTHING to do in Macon or the surrounding area, so people turn to a life of crime. The owner of Liz Reed's got shot and almost died a couple weeks back while at the club for not letting someone in. Just be careful :p1st0ls:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat July 31st, 2004, 8:43 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Fn Dan+Jul 30 2004, 11:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fn Dan @ Jul 30 2004, 11:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I really didn't think there were any bars in downtown to "hop" to. Their are only two places in Macon that I know: Whiskey River and Club South Beach. Neither are places that I particulary fit in... :ch41n: [/quote]
HAHA yeah, all us metalheads need to crash both Whiskey River and Club South Beach! I can see all of us line dancing, and then disco dancing hahah :wh4cky:

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sat July 31st, 2004, 1:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Dump Pumpkin+Jul 31 2004, 09:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dump Pumpkin @ Jul 31 2004, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Everyone come down! There will probably be no local crowd aside from myself and maybe a couple others. Don't leave any valuables in your cars, however. You see, there is NOTHING to do in Macon or the surrounding area, so people turn to a life of crime. The owner of Liz Reed's got shot and almost died a couple weeks back while at the club for not letting someone in. Just be careful :p1st0ls: [/quote]
See guys! I told you Macon sucks! Sounds like the usual shit to me too. :p1st0ls:

If you guys decide to crash Whiskey River or Club South Beach, let me know dammnit. I wouldn't miss that for the world! :m3t4l:

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sat July 31st, 2004, 1:38 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ratanda+Jul 30 2004, 06:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ratanda @ Jul 30 2004, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dan, it was a metalfest with quite a few really good bands like Canvas Solaris, Malefactor, and Dick Delicious, so the crowd wasn't bad at all.

I didn't know where any bars were either, but there seemed to be quite a night life there. [/quote]
That's all news to me. We actually had somone request some Dick Delicious last night, and as far as we could tell, it was a legit request. Unfortunately, after Greg listened to the cd for about 5 seconds, he's like "we can't play this! AHAHAHAHA" :wh4cky: I've never took the time to listen to any of our many Dick Delicious cds, but apparently they're not radio friendly. What a shock. :lol:

Night life? Macon? Again, when I lived in that area, those two concepts were never used in the same sentence. They seriously need to do something in that town and maybe someone finally has. Goddamn though, Macon still sucks. :FU:

cuntworm

Post by cuntworm » Sun August 1st, 2004, 5:47 am

MACON SUCKS!!!!! the "scene" there is fucking pathetic. Liz Reed's is a decent venue, but it hardly makes up for it. my band used to play shows there all the time, it seemed alright. but lately it has been complete shit.

sorry... i had to get that one out.