Hairy Breakfast

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Wed June 30th, 2004, 9:47 pm

Eyal from Daath here.

Some of you may know that I own and run a production studio called Hairy Breakfast Productions.

I specialize in recording metal and hardcore. My latest client was Misery Index and they are all very happy with the recording. I can play it for you if you come by for a tour.

My typical rates are $35 Hour/ $300 Day, but I am offering a discount for all heavy bands which is $200 Day.

Check out the website and then give me a call to schedule a tour.

www.hairybreakfast.com
(404)376-2822

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun July 4th, 2004, 11:02 pm

I might take you up on the $200 dollar day thing, but it will be at least a few months. My band is trying to reform with another lineup. How much are the mastering rates?

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Tue July 6th, 2004, 2:06 am

Normally I charge $35 per hour plus $15 per tune for mastering. For heavy bands it's always $200 per day.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Tue July 6th, 2004, 9:27 am

what if we arent as heavy as daath? :wacko:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed July 7th, 2004, 5:29 pm

Yeah we are crazy mother fucker heavy but not daath heavy.

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Tue July 13th, 2004, 2:38 pm

This offer applies to any bands that are a branch off of the heavy tree.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed July 14th, 2004, 10:37 am

Awesome. Is the $200 for 9 hours, and does it include mastering? It also says you have a heated pool there. Is it private? I might want to go skinny dipping after a long day of the blastbeats.

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Wed July 14th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Pool is definately private.

Mastering is not included, but is quite inexpensive. $15 per tune.

Day rate is for 9 hours.

Give me a call to set up a tour - (404)376-2822

Eyal

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 15th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Sounds good. I wouldn't want to scare anyone with my nudity. Right now I live in Warner Robins, but I am moving up that way really soon. I'll take you up on the tour when I am up there for good.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun July 18th, 2004, 2:09 am

Eyal, I think it's awesome that you're doing this and helping out harder bands with a deal. Good production is the key to success, especially for bands who are starting out and who don't have a lot of money to spend on it. We receive a lot of promos at WREKage, and it's sad how many of them hint at some talent.....while sounding like total ass.

A friend of mine out in L.A. just bought a building (!) and is opening an upscale recording studio, as well as some (upscale) band rehearsal spaces, an office and practice-space for his own band (Godhead), and this really BIG high-ceiling recording room you could fit half a symphony into. He's calling it Central Command Studios. From his stories, I know how much you have to sink into such a project to make it fly, so kudos to you for doing it here. It can only benefit the local scene. :b4ldm3t4l:

I did notice that he doesn't have a heated pool. Not even a jacuzzi. And THIS, in North Hollywood! :wh4cky:

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Sun July 18th, 2004, 11:29 am

God Head was playing in LA when I was there getting the DAATH record mastered. Maybe I should have gone to him instead of where we went.

The local demos I hear from metal bands tend to be of sub par quality and I think that's sad cosidering the fact we actually have many good heavy acts here in town. If people keep going where they've always gone, they're going to get the quality they always gotten.

Death

Post by Death » Tue July 20th, 2004, 10:08 pm

What's the story of the band name of Daath?

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Tue July 20th, 2004, 11:52 pm

go to www.daathmusic.com

Read the bio - it explains it in a nutshell

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 9th, 2004, 4:32 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mrjumping+Jul 18 2004, 12:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrjumping &#064; Jul 18 2004, 12:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->God Head was playing in LA when I was there getting the DAATH record mastered. Maybe I should have gone to him instead of where we went.[/quote]

Hmm, how long ago were you there? Jason might not have had CentCom up and running fully yet. When I was out there in February, some of the rehearsal spaces had been taken -- some fairly big names were interested in the facilities, too, since the building is well-secured -- but the recording suite part wasn't finished yet.

Still, no jacuzzi there. C'mon, guys, priorities..... :o :angry: :)
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed August 11th, 2004, 12:27 pm

The pool is a definite plus, that along with the NES, and Eyal's metal background make it very easy to choose Hairy Breakfast :b4ldm3t4l: