im starting to really love these kids, its fun to laugh at.

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

andyb

im starting to really love these kids, its fun to laugh at.

Post by andyb » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 1:21 am

hope you all fucking rot

palace101

Post by palace101 » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 8:31 am

Seen it about 3 months ago, that shit will never get old!

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 12:06 pm

like shooting fish in a barrel, its just too easy to make fun of emo/'core' kids
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 12:26 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:like shooting fish in a barrel, its just too easy to make fun of emo/'core' kids
Unless you meant 'emocore' as one word, I'd really love to know what this has to do with the 'core.
Whether they think so or not, these kids have nothing to do with it.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 5:36 pm

i meant it like i wrote it. emo kids are lame. hardcore kids are lame. all that retarded kungfu lawnmower windmill dancing is lame too. i know you consider yourself hardcore, but i'm talking about the kids (emphasis on kids) with the tight pants, white belts, guys with more makeup than the girls, etc but instead of liking emo, they like hardcore.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 10:57 pm

ProstheticHead12 wrote:i meant it like i wrote it. emo kids are lame. hardcore kids are lame. all that retarded kungfu lawnmower windmill dancing is lame too. i know you consider yourself hardcore, but i'm talking about the kids (emphasis on kids) with the tight pants, white belts, guys with more makeup than the girls, etc but instead of liking emo, they like hardcore.
And I'm telling you straight up that those kids are not hardcore kids.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 11:36 pm

whatever

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 11:37 pm

holly wrote:
ProstheticHead12 wrote:i meant it like i wrote it. emo kids are lame. hardcore kids are lame. all that retarded kungfu lawnmower windmill dancing is lame too. i know you consider yourself hardcore, but i'm talking about the kids (emphasis on kids) with the tight pants, white belts, guys with more makeup than the girls, etc but instead of liking emo, they like hardcore.
Yeah, but they think that they are hardcore. Forgive them lord.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri December 2nd, 2005, 11:51 pm

stalindrummer wrote: Yeah, but they think that they are hardcore. Forgive them lord.
That's the problem, no one's around to show these kids how it's supposed to be.

To them the black eyeliner/tight pants/not a single hair out of place on their perfectly coiffed black and red highlighted half-mohawk half-bangs haircuts videos they see on MTV2 are what "hardcore" is. None of the hardcore elders are preserving their heritage properly.

Keep in mind these are kids who are likely making the transition from Good Charlotte et al into the hardcore scene just from what they're seeing on TV and not knowing or caring anything about the history of the scene. Granted, I know nothing about the history of the hardcore scene either but I know enough to know that what I see today isn't where it should be.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat December 3rd, 2005, 2:32 am

stalindrummer wrote:
holly wrote:
Yeah, but they think that they are hardcore. Forgive them lord.
EXACTLY.
Minus the Lord part.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat December 3rd, 2005, 2:33 am

Greg wrote:
stalindrummer wrote: Yeah, but they think that they are hardcore. Forgive them lord.
That's the problem, no one's around to show these kids how it's supposed to be.

To them the black eyeliner/tight pants/not a single hair out of place on their perfectly coiffed black and red highlighted half-mohawk half-bangs haircuts videos they see on MTV2 are what "hardcore" is. None of the hardcore elders are preserving their heritage properly.

Keep in mind these are kids who are likely making the transition from Good Charlotte et al into the hardcore scene just from what they're seeing on TV and not knowing or caring anything about the history of the scene. Granted, I know nothing about the history of the hardcore scene either but I know enough to know that what I see today isn't where it should be.
The hardcore elders most certainly are preserving the craft and are still alive and kicking.

The fact of the matter is that the real hardcore scene still IS underground, and most people who aren't in it have no clue what the fuck it is.

STRAIGHT UP.

palace101

Post by palace101 » Sat December 3rd, 2005, 11:29 am

Agreed, but the "drag-queens in tight jeans" still get on my nerves.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat December 3rd, 2005, 6:24 pm

palace101 wrote:Agreed, but the "drag-queens in tight jeans" still get on my nerves.
It seems like a lot of the dudes on this board dig shitty metalcore.
If they didn't like so much of it, they wouldn't run into these kids so often.

palace101

Post by palace101 » Sat December 3rd, 2005, 6:42 pm

I never said I didn't like metalcore (or whatever) If it's good I like it. I remember when it was a bunch of skater kids and sharps but it's not that way anymore. What happened?

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat December 3rd, 2005, 10:15 pm

palace101 wrote:I never said I didn't like metalcore (or whatever) If it's good I like it. I remember when it was a bunch of skater kids and sharps but it's not that way anymore. What happened?
That was in response to you, but not necessarily directed toward you.