Type O Negative signs to new label

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed August 4th, 2004, 12:05 pm

Official SPV Type O Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
TYPE O NEGATIVE SIGN TO SPV

SPV is extremely proud to announce the signing of the legendary TYPE O NEGATIVE to a worldwide deal. "It is a true privilege to welcome TYPE O NEGATIVE into the ever-growing SPV family," says Manfred Schutz, Chairman of SPV worldwide. "They are a trailblazing band and we couldn't be happier to have them call SPV home."

For the past 15 years, TYPE O NEGATIVE have been dredging the dark depths of the human condition, becoming the planet's most prolific doom/metal band in the process. With a body of work that rivals any artist working in the heavy music arena, their consistent delivery of glorious misery has lead to a pair of gold records, a canon of classic material, and an influential finger in the dirty pie of every goth-infused metaller since 1990.

"It is an honor to have the opportunity to work with one of my all-time favorite bands " says Gunter Ford, president of SPV's American division.

"We at SPV America are looking forward to a prosperous relationship, filled with a lot of great music."

Details on TYPE O NEGATIVE's seventh studio album are coming soon. The "least best" has yet to be rendered. Stay tuned.

(source: SPV International)
:m3t4l:

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed August 4th, 2004, 10:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-DarkWolfen+Aug 4 2004, 01:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkWolfen &#064; Aug 4 2004, 01:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"It is an honor to have the opportunity to work with one of my all-time favorite bands " says Gunter Ford, president of SPV's American division. [/quote]
that dude used to be Morbid Angels tour manager in the early 90s. I remember talking w/ him back when I put the WREKage benefit concert together. I recall him being kind of a jerkoff back then...
:t01l3t:

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu August 5th, 2004, 9:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Aug 4 2004, 10:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob &#064; Aug 4 2004, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> That dude used to be Morbid Angels tour manager in the early 90s.&nbsp; I remember talking w/ him back when I put the WREKage benefit concert together.&nbsp; I recall him being kind of a jerkoff back then...
:t01l3t: [/quote]
I wonder what this will do for Type O, if it will make them heavier or continue to follow the yellow brick road like they are now. :sm0k3: