Ground:Xero Live at WREK!

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon August 23rd, 2004, 4:49 pm

posted by Fn Dan, Saturday August 21st, 2004 @ 03:56:19 AM

Carrying in the tradition of Mastodon, Ground:Xero will be performing on the Live at WREK program, Tuesday, September 7th from 10pm to 11pm. The concert will be broadcast live on 91.1 FM from the Student Center Commons Stage! Come out and support Atlanta metal on Live at WREK. If things go well, this may be the beginning of many metal shows to come on Live at WREK! :b4ldm3t4l:

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon August 23rd, 2004, 4:54 pm

This is awesome. Much better than before because instead of playing in the WREK studio, bands will play on an actual stage with room for people to watch. I hear the location is pretty nice.

We used to do a lot of 'Live at WREKage' shows during WREKage. Perhaps if the Live @ WREK guys and StudentCenter-folks are into it, you could start that back up. Otherwise the Tuesday showhosts may not want to have a whole lot of metal bands on the Tuesday show... and please do archive all this. A 'Live @ WREKage' compilation CD would kick ass!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon August 23rd, 2004, 7:23 pm

It's gonna be weird to see a metal band playing on stage there amidst all the swankness of the new SC commons. Weird, but enjoyable.

However, the guy who runs live @ WREK (can't remember his name) specifically mentioned he wanted bands of all genres on the show, including more metal, so if more of you guys that have bands around here want to play live @ WREK feel free to find out how by going to the live @ WREK site.

<a href='http://www.wrek.org/live' target='_blank'>http://www.wrek.org/live</a>

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon August 23rd, 2004, 8:33 pm

Webb, who runs live at WREK, mentioned that he might give me a date every month for metal bands. He still hasn't gotten back to me yet, but if he gives me the October 5th slot, I think I already have it filled. :m3t4l:

I also cut a promo for the Ground:Xero show today. Tune in sometime to hear my stupidity over the background of Ground:Xero's music. I'll have to think of a way to put it online where everyone can hear it...

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Thu August 26th, 2004, 1:24 am

i cannot wait to play live @ WREK, its something im looking very forward to
play your gloom axe

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu August 26th, 2004, 8:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin-fukrholestkhed+Aug 26 2004, 02:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fukrholestkhed @ Aug 26 2004, 02:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i cannot wait to play live @ WREK, its something im looking very forward to [/quote]
I'm looking forward to it too. We're going to have Withered play on the floor Tuesday, because the room where the "stage" is at, has some really fucked up acoustics. The air signal mix sounds fine, but the house sound is ass. We think putting the bands on the floor will help that, just due to the bizarre architecture of the room. Another cool thing is that we do record all the performances, so I'll be able to give you guys a cd of the full performance. :m3t4l:

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Thu August 26th, 2004, 9:35 am

hell yeah...we just gotta make sure we are tight on everything
play your gloom axe