6 - 6 - 06 Open Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathfareDevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: 6 - 6 - 06 Open Thread Reply with quote

Why not.

Personally I think the deejays have lost their minds, and at some point Tuesday afternoon I expect to hear an on-air emotional breakdown. Like Ren Hoek talking to his bar of soap.

"Ahhh. This is the good life. Just relax...and let my mind drift."
(Ren and water float out of the tub together) "Yeahhhh. I'll just relax, and think pleasant thoughts...Chicken pot pie!...Chocolate-covered raisins!...Ehh...Glazed ham!..."

(Ren drifts around the room) "Heh...heh...heh...they think I'm CRAZY. But I know better. It is not *I* who am crazy. It is not I who am MAD! Didn'tcha hear 'em? Didn'tcha see the CROWDS?"

(Ren holds up bar of soap) "Oh my beloved ice cream bar...how I love to lick your creamy center! HOOOWWWWWW..." (bites soap) "...and your oh-so-nutty chocolate covering! You're not like the others...you like the same things I do! Waxed paper...boiled football leather...dog breath...We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're RIDING!"

Off we go, riding indeed.
ProstheticHead12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i can DJ for 12 hours straight, they certainly can do it in shifts. emotional breakdowns would be a lot funnier though.
egg yolkeo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmoebicDysentery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fucking kudos to Wrekage for pulling this off. It's awesome that WREK went along with it, as well. It definitley made the workday go by a bit quicker. I particulary enjoyed Bob's segment of the day (The applause after apocalyptic visions songs was great), and it was nice Greg busted out some grindier stuff in the late afternoon (thanks for throwing on the 4:20 Brutal Truth request).
egg yolkeo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya,Good job everyone at Wrekage
Greg
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmoebicDysentery wrote:
I particulary enjoyed Bob's segment of the day (The applause after apocalyptic visions songs was great), and it was nice Greg busted out some grindier stuff in the late afternoon (thanks for throwing on the 4:20 Brutal Truth request).

Dude, we told you what we were actually doing in there... if there was any applause it was due to the amazing hand speed Bob was pulling off. When he mentions speed being overrated on these boards, he is only kidding himself. Laughing

I figured it's be best to save the grindier/heavier stuff for rush hour in the hopes of reading the headline "LOCAL RADIO SHOW INCITES DOZENS OF ROAD RAGE INCIDIENTS" in the paper this morning.
Jinglepup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Greg for playing my Opeth request right when I was working out too!

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me
AmoebicDysentery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, actually, my boss listened on his way home about the time you were playing the grindier shit and today I come into work and he's like, "Goddamn that was some crazy shit on 91.1 yesterday! I couldn't tell a damn thing that was going on!"
BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was the radio nazi at work yesterday. i ruled the airways in the shop with an iron fist!

i thought it went great. i honestly listened to metal the entire day and 90% of that was wrekage. i thought that everyone did a great job. personal favorite sets were gregs kickstart to the whole thing, mikes timeline in the morning and bob's magnificent lunch hour.

memorable moments.......

mike starting to play "run to the hills" and cutting it off and saying "I'm going to have to be an indian giver and take that one back" i seriously spit coffee on the counter top.

bob's wonderful cover of "the art of shredding(cheese)"

others.......are up to you folks

i had a co-worker tell me today that his wife asked him why he was being so mean to her last night and he told her "b/c i've been listening to death metal ALL DAY LONG!"

thanks bob for playing my COVEN request. macdonaldland massacre is a much overlooked thrash gem and was tailor made for the metal lunch hour.

GOOD JOB DJ'S!

http://www.myspace.com/thesoulsunrest
BoB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Mike's metal history lessons (minus the overrated zepplin, of course). Thanks for doing something well thought out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoB wrote:
I enjoyed Mike's metal history lessons (minus the overrated zepplin, of course). Thanks for doing something well thought out.

I'm gonna be listening to that segment this weekend for sure, when I finally have the time.

Your lunchtime set was great -- I had awakened by then. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: WREKage All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: