UNBLESSED RETURNS!?!

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sun July 16th, 2006, 10:19 am

unblessed wrote: I've thought about posting the old demos, 97 & 98 if anyone is interested, they will be high quality mp3's downloadable for free.
Please do, I'd love to have the files, and I'm sure others on here would enjoy it as well.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun July 16th, 2006, 2:41 pm

unblessed wrote: Paul, I do remember you as well, and our visits to WREK. Those were the days. Are you hosting the show now? Last I heard, Tim was the host.
Tim and I are the current "community hosts" (deejays who haven't actually attended Georgia Tech). Greg, Mike, Mitch and Holly are officially the "student hosts".....you can probably see where that's going. :) Tim's been doing the show for a long time, but quit for a while due to differences with the show's direction at the time. I've been helping out since 1998-9, and steadily since 2000.

We were always kinda tickled that back then, y'all were so young your moms had to drive you down to the studio to do promotional appearances...but we were impressed at the musical quality from a young band. \m/

Thanks again for the postive responses and we do hope to play for all of you again one day. I've thought about posting the old demos, 97 & 98 if anyone is interested, they will be high quality mp3's downloadable for free.
Definitely! I might have an old cassette squirreled away here somewhere, but I have no real way to rip it.

unblessed

Post by unblessed » Tue July 18th, 2006, 2:34 pm

Yeah, we were pretty young back then. I remember having my Dad drive us down or Chris's Mom. Adam's mom really dissaproved of us even listening to metal and I think she might have drove us down once.

We're all pleased to hear that some people thought we were "slaying most local bands" at that time, as I saw one person wrote on another forum. We have always been about originality and pretty much what ever sounds good to us. We never really set limitations or said we were going to do only one style of metal; its a creativity competition between us and what ever happens...happens.

The problem arose when are music became boring to us and we didn't enjoy rehearsing the songs anymore...so we just played as fast as we possibly could...especially live. If it was easy, we didn't want anything to do with it.

I think when you guys hear the new/old songs, you wil hear what I'm talking about.

I will post the old demos pretty soon for anyone that is interested. Chris and I also decided that when we do put out more songs, they will always be free for everyone; we're not in this for money; it's the passion that drives us.

-Thomas-
Your band is as good as its weakest member.