Headbangers Ball

discussion about metal on the web, this web site, and all things online.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

kamal

Headbangers Ball

Post by kamal » Sat August 5th, 2006, 12:25 pm

For those of you who care, you can watch each episode of Headbangers Ball for free at hbb.mtv2.com. It's usually hit or miss but they've got some good videos in rotation (played Suicidal Tendencies this week, Kreator a few weeks ago, Exodus, etc.) and Kerry King hosted this week.
ShorelessSkies.com

Animal
Location: East Peoria, IL, USA(Yes, I'm a Yankee Blue Stater!)

Post by Animal » Mon December 25th, 2006, 1:39 am

The current "Headbanger's Ball" doesn't hold a candle to the old one. It may have been great back in the 80's and early 90's when there were no internet or satellite metal stations, and most commercial(as opposed to student-run stations like WREK)FM stations wouldn't do a metal show(and still won't in most cases except for maybe Dee Snider's "House Of Hair" and/or "Eddie Trunk Rocks") and TV only had maybe HALF the commercials they have now, but when you have online and satellite metal stations that play REAL metal, as opposed to the nu-metal and metalcore that's so prevalent on commercial FM radio and MTV, and that furthermore play few or no commerials, and last but certainly not least, don't have to watch what they say (FUCK THE FCC!!!!), it just doesn't seem worth it to endure all the commercials and videos by questionable bands to see the 1-2 videos by the good ones.
Last edited by Animal on Mon March 2nd, 2009, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kfoll

Re: Headbangers Ball

Post by kfoll » Mon December 25th, 2006, 1:44 pm

kamal wrote:For those of you who care, you can watch each episode of Headbangers Ball for free at hbb.mtv2.com. It's usually hit or miss but they've got some good videos in rotation (played Suicidal Tendencies this week, Kreator a few weeks ago, Exodus, etc.) and Kerry King hosted this week.
Goatwhore was on it a couple weeks ago too.
----------------------------------

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon December 25th, 2006, 9:34 pm

once I saw headbangers ball a few years ago and it was all metallica stuff...that was awesome! It was at my cousins house and she doesn't like metal but I made her watch it anyway. My bf gets MTV2 at his house too but the ones I've seen in the past few months did suck. yeah it is hit or miss though.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

DeathfareDevil

Post by DeathfareDevil » Sun May 18th, 2008, 12:18 am

For the past couple of weeks they've been playing Opeth's "Porcelain Heart" (which I assume is an edit) and Behemoth's "At the Left Hand ov God."

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon May 19th, 2008, 9:55 am

I've seen Hate Eternal, Warbringer, Soilent Green and even The Sword the last several airings. I think it's still worth checking out most of the time.

kamal

Post by kamal » Mon May 19th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Is it still online? I haven't been able to find it.

Warbringer rules.
ShorelessSkies.com

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Wed August 25th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Lets see,
Headbangers Ball in 1987: Destruction, Anthrax, Razor, Manowar, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Metallica, Exodus, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Testament, Saxon, Angel Witch, Accept, Megadeth, Quiet Riot, Grim Reaper, and Judas Priest.

Headbangers Ball in 2007: Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engaged, Metallica (saint anger)- Oh wait, Iron Maiden! then comes Marilyn Manson, Papa Roach, Mushroom Head, Ill Nino, hey what's this? Sweet! Kreator! then comes Hatebreed, As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean, Sworn Enemy, Lamb Of God, and Sevendust.

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Wed August 25th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Mortis_Kull wrote:Lets see,
Headbangers Ball in 1987: Destruction, Anthrax, Razor, Manowar, Venom, Mercyful Fate, Metallica, Exodus, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Testament, Saxon, Angel Witch, Accept, Megadeth, Quiet Riot, Grim Reaper, and Judas Priest.
I would drop a lotta coin on a station that rocked these vids 24/7. And just where the hella is Riki Rachtman?
doubledogpaleale wrote:fuck you and your mall shirts.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Wed August 25th, 2010, 9:17 pm

In his off time from hosting quality television like Daisy of Love, Rikki recently took a spin at MMA fighting, talked a buncha trash and got the shit beat out of him.

Everytime I've turned it on recently, it seems to be a theme night for some shitty band and all they play is videos by that one shitty band. Am I missing something?

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Wed August 25th, 2010, 9:22 pm

V03GTLIN wrote:
Mortis_Kull wrote:Lets see,
I would drop a lotta coin on a station that rocked these vids 24/7.
Remember MTV Hard Rock several years back? That station played an amazing mix of new and old punk, metal and rock n' roll. Then overnight it turned into the MTV jams hip-hop station and my world was shattered. DirecTV could extort me like they do for Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus and I'd pay it if they'd that shizznit back.

Mortis_Kull

Post by Mortis_Kull » Thu August 26th, 2010, 12:03 am

V03GTLIN wrote: I would drop a lotta coin on a station that rocked these vids 24/7. And just where the hella is Riki Rachtman?
Oh yea dude. I wouldnt leave the house. infact, hook the TV up to the stereo and turn it up, you'll have the best damn metal party. No CDs needed.

I can think it can do without hosts now. For HB fucked us over twice in the 00's. First they decided to give us Rob Zombie, he was pretty much 'meh'. Then they later give us the WORST host, assdouche Jamie Jasta.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu August 26th, 2010, 12:04 am

I DVR Headbangers Ball and usually watch it in 3 minutes. I fast forward through the entire hour and if anything catches my eye, I watch it. Usually that doesn't happen though.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu August 26th, 2010, 9:59 am

Before we get too misty over the days of yore, let's not forget that there was a whole lot of Slaughter, Poison and Cinderella back in the day, too.

V03GTLIN

Post by V03GTLIN » Thu August 26th, 2010, 10:45 am

Knucklehead wrote:Before we get too misty over the days of yore, let's not forget that there was a whole lot of Slaughter, Poison and Cinderella back in the day, too.
Comic ree-leef.

So anyone got any old VHS tapes of HB? (Aaron: VHS was an old video format. It's almost as cool as jello wrestling.)
doubledogpaleale wrote:fuck you and your mall shirts.