I'm retiring this friday 8/18

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

I'm retiring this friday 8/18

Post by Greg » Tue August 15th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Seeing as I'm not a student anymore I can't really be a student host of the show, so this friday, 8/18, I'm retiring as a full time host of Wrekage and getting Mitch to take over my slot as the resident death metal/little bit of everything else guy that I was.

I invite all of you who I've met over the past 2+ years to come hang out at the studio one last time, whether you're an old Wrekage host or in a band or pathetic enough like me to have nothing better to do with your friday night than be at a college radio show. :lol:

I've had a blast doing Wrekage these past 2 years and have enjoyed meeting a lot of you on this board at shows or in the studio. I'll still be hanging around these forums and will be writing reviews etc. for the website, but it's time to move on from full-time hosting. Consider this my fond farewell to all of you as I get ready to move into my wing of the Wrekage retirement home.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Tue August 15th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Say it ain't so!!! :cry:

Mitch
WREKage Staff

Post by Mitch » Tue August 15th, 2006, 11:21 pm

I'll... I'll d-d-do my best... (quivers with nervousness)

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Re: I'm retiring this friday 8/18

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri August 18th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Greg wrote: I've had a blast doing Wrekage these past 2 years and have enjoyed meeting a lot of you on this board at shows or in the studio. I'll still be hanging around these forums and will be writing reviews etc. for the website, but it's time to move on from full-time hosting. Consider this my fond farewell to all of you as I get ready to move into my wing of the Wrekage retirement home.

Boooooooo. This does, indeed, suck. :(

And that retirement home is starting to get crowded, sheesh! :twisted:

Ghost of DarkWolfen

Post by Ghost of DarkWolfen » Sat August 19th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Greg,

You bowed out gracefully and went out with dignity thanking and appreciating all that made you a better metaler or person, that's good character you have.

Farewell.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun August 20th, 2006, 7:04 am

Ghost of DarkWolfen wrote:Greg,

You bowed out gracefully and went out with dignity thanking and appreciating all that made you a better metaler or person, that's good character you have.

Farewell.
In addition to playing a good set of music every week and writing excellent album reviews, Greg always played the voice of reason in what was often an insanity-choir. A class act all the way.

Hey, retirements not all bad. You get to sleep on the weekends and you're put out to stud.

Cheers Greg!

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun August 20th, 2006, 10:07 am

greg, you are one of the best in wrekage history and you'll be missed. and i'll miss making fun of james hetfield and korn on the air with you.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun August 20th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Thanks everyone! I'll miss pretty much everything about hosting except answering phones and having to find creative ways to explain why I'm not playing your Slipknot or your As I Lay Dying etc. etc. requests.

I'll still remain around here and helping out the show with reviews and spot hosting duties in an emergency, but as for full time hosting I'm done unfortunately. :cry:

Ghost of DarkWolfen

Post by Ghost of DarkWolfen » Sun August 20th, 2006, 7:04 pm

You sound like you too have hung up your tr0000000 metal apron too?

Say it ain't so... :mrgreen:
WREKage-Paul wrote:
Greg wrote: I've had a blast doing Wrekage these past 2 years and have enjoyed meeting a lot of you on this board at shows or in the studio. I'll still be hanging around these forums and will be writing reviews etc. for the website, but it's time to move on from full-time hosting. Consider this my fond farewell to all of you as I get ready to move into my wing of the Wrekage retirement home.

Boooooooo. This does, indeed, suck. :(

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue August 22nd, 2006, 10:05 am

oh wow. Not to knock on anyone but I always liked listening to Greg's segments the most (out of the current wrekage DJs). Best of luck to you man! 8)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Jinglepup

Post by Jinglepup » Tue August 22nd, 2006, 2:11 pm

He seemed to capture the theme night really well. It was like BoB ala carte with a side of Emperor. :lol:

Ah, the memories, one of the best lines by Greg was this.

F'n Dan told Paul, "Its weird but I go to Georgia Tech and I can't recite any lines from Star Wars either that's sad or good."

Then unexpectatedly, Greg chimes in like Obi Won, "This is not the Metal show you looking for."

Then again here's another...

It must have been in January the guest was a local schmocal band, Subject2Change and Dan was interviewing them, generally making a fool of himself. They had a new album out and Dan said,

"This isnt anywhere near being a stocking stuffer now, but a Valentine's Day gift."

Then Greg chimed in, "If you are looking for something to celebrate Martin Luther King Day." Dan replied, "I will get in trouble thats where that Sergeant Dee would come in and I will get in trouble for that."

I could never figure out who was Sergeant Dee? :?:

Those are the good memories, good luck Greg.
Metalfreak wrote:oh wow. Not to knock on anyone but I always liked listening to Greg's segments the most (out of the current wrekage DJs). Best of luck to you man! 8)
I mourn as and with DarkWolfen as our metal hero is gone. :(

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue August 22nd, 2006, 2:58 pm

If I remember right either that night or the week before we played a S.O.D. song called "Sargent D and the S.O.D." that we thought was safe to play but it had a bunch of F-bombs in it or something, so he was either referring to getting in trouble for that or for the mythical Sargent D himself to bust into the studio and kick our asses.

In any case, thanks for actually remembering stuff I said. 8)

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue August 22nd, 2006, 10:05 pm

Ghost of DarkWolfen wrote:You sound like you too have hung up your tr0000000 metal apron too?

WREKage-Paul wrote: Boooooooo. This does, indeed, suck. :(

Sorry, I'm still involved with the show. It'll be kinda haphazard for me over the next few weeks, though, with Dragon*Con in two weekends and ProgPower USA in four.

Ghost of DarkWolfen

Post by Ghost of DarkWolfen » Sat August 26th, 2006, 1:17 am

"Sorry?" Nah, i'm glad you are still hammering on with the show, the legends are slowly fading away from this show. You always have such a busy schedule, just thank Ka that the Renaissance Festival is only seasonal, or you would be completely swamped.

By the way, who blocked my name from the AOL messenger?
WREKage-Paul wrote:
Ghost of DarkWolfen wrote:You sound like you too have hung up your tr0000000 metal apron too?

WREKage-Paul wrote: Boooooooo. This does, indeed, suck. :(

Sorry, I'm still involved with the show. It'll be kinda haphazard for me over the next few weeks, though, with Dragon*Con in two weekends and ProgPower USA in four.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sat August 26th, 2006, 11:37 pm

Ghost of DarkWolfen wrote:"Sorry?" Nah, i'm glad you are still hammering on with the show, the legends are slowly fading away from this show. You always have such a busy schedule, just thank Ka that the Renaissance Festival is only seasonal, or you would be completely swamped.

By the way, who blocked my name from the AOL messenger?
Hmm, I dunno.....didn't know it -was- blocked. I don't fiddle much with AOLIM any more; I only use it down at the studio for the show.