Mortician, Akercocke, and MOTHERFUCKING VEHEMENCE

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun September 5th, 2004, 5:00 pm

I hate it I didn't see the announcement for this show until today, otherwise I'd have plugged the hell out of this one. Any of you who listen to the show know I am a retarded Vehemence fanboy more or less, and I can't wait to see them live for the first time.

Mortician and Akercocke are good bands too, I dig Akercocke's insanely over the top blasphemism and Mortician's insanely over the top obsession with horror movies.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon September 6th, 2004, 2:58 am

I'll be surprised if Mortician plays to more than 10 people.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Mon September 6th, 2004, 3:06 pm

Wow! Akercocke is playing Atlanta....just WOW :ch33rs:

I really like Vehemence alot, too. Greg, what's your favorite song by them? Mine is probably "I Must Not Live" from God Was Created :b4ldm3t4l:

What a weird tour this is. I think it's kinda cool in a way that such different bands tour together.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon September 6th, 2004, 9:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-E.J. Diarrheaspray+Sep 6 2004, 04:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E.J. Diarrheaspray @ Sep 6 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I really like Vehemence alot, too. Greg, what's your favorite song by them? Mine is probably "I Must Not Live" from God Was Created :b4ldm3t4l: [/quote]
Oh man... that's like asking which sex position is the best. The answer to both questions is whatever one I'm having at the moment.

I guess you could say my "most favorite" favorites are the ones that have a lot of contrasts between brutally heavy and more mellow parts, like "She Never Noticed Me" off God Was Created and "You Don't Have To Be Afraid Anymore" off of Helping The World To See.

I pretty much love them all though, I've listened to both cd's all the way through on numerous car trips in the past year or so.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Wed September 8th, 2004, 10:18 am

i really like vehemence too. "last fantasy of christ" is one of my favs. ill be there for sure.

Oldmangloom25

Post by Oldmangloom25 » Sun September 12th, 2004, 7:31 pm

Our Drummer Mike is a huge fan of Vehemence. He's turned me on to them. I really dig em. I can't wait to open that show! Ground:Xero is the local opener for this one. I can't wait to see Mortician and Akercocke.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon September 13th, 2004, 9:30 am

Yeah, congrats to you guys for getting this show and for opening the Dimmu show to a big crowd. Mike and I talked about how much ass Vehemence kicks the last time he was at Wrekage.

10 more days...

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Mon September 13th, 2004, 11:35 am

Cool beans! :b0unc3y: This should be a really good show. See ya there! :b4ldm3t4l:

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 16th, 2004, 8:56 am

Oh yayy! This is pretty soon. :b4ldm3t4l:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu September 16th, 2004, 9:37 am

Hopefully we will have tickets to give away for this show tomorrow.

7 days and counting.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu September 16th, 2004, 1:26 pm

Who did Vehemence play with last time they were here?

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 16th, 2004, 11:02 pm

Deicide, Amon Amarth, and Behemoth

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 19th, 2004, 8:48 pm

I'm not too familiar with Vehemance or Akercocke. What do they sound like? I don't know if I'm going to this one, maybe.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun September 19th, 2004, 9:07 pm

We play Vehemence on Wrekage all the time, they are an amazing band. Check this week's archive of the show, the 4th song we played was a Vehemence song, and EJ played another one during his set. They're like a much more brutal, heavier Opeth with all the acoustic interludes taken out.

Akercocke is a British black metal band that sound kinda like fellow countrymen Cradle of Filth minus a lot of the theatrics, with the blasphemousness (I guess that's a word) of the lyrics upped by about 1000%. They're ok, I haven't seen them live yet but if you like dirty underproduced I-hate-jesus black metal played at breakneck speed then you should like them

Vehemence is easily the best band on this bill and are worth the price of the ticket alone.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sun September 19th, 2004, 9:50 pm

I hear much experimentation with Akercocke. They blend Black and Death Metal with some really strange time changes and industrial sounds/chants/etc.