What's Happening!!!!

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:17 am

It seems like all of the bands in Atlanta sound the same. What makes them so signifacant.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 3:09 am

Yeah, I don't know what it is. For example, Daath and Amoebic Dysentery...they sound like twins!!! :wh4cky:

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 10:57 am

Yeah.. no joke... in DAATH we do everything to emulate Amoebic

Here's another bunch of sound alikes : What about Level and Ground Xero? It's like all that's different is their name.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 4:30 pm

By FAR the biggest bunch of sound-a-likes would have to be Kshatriya and Cernunnos..those guys and girls should just form one big band.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 5:24 pm

:lol:

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 5:53 pm

Here's another bunch of clones ------ Demoncy and Kurtz. They should just give it up and merge.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri September 24th, 2004, 6:03 am

Lilitu and Sins of Lust, separated at birth?

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Fri September 24th, 2004, 10:28 am

ok the jokes over :m1c:

if only atlanta had one good metal band... well i can dream cant i? :m1c:

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Fri September 24th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Downpour and Amoebic Dysentery.

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Fri September 24th, 2004, 4:38 pm

personally i think we have plenty of good bands in atlanta, i think we have a lack of taste
play your gloom axe

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sat September 25th, 2004, 4:18 pm

I wouldnt say lack of taste, I think this town is full of sound alikes, so people get bored of it and then when a new band comes around dont even bother to listen to them. I hate bands that sound the same thats why you can be sure that The New Asrynth album (coming November 2004 Eternal Frost Records) will not be like anything anyone has heard before, If you like crazy technical shred Death metal, and Love bands like Necrophagist, Opeth, Arsis, and Bodom you will Love this Album. We hope to hit the Atl Scene doing shows this winter.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat September 25th, 2004, 9:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Asrynth+Sep 25 2004, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asrynth &#064; Sep 25 2004, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you like crazy technical shred Death metal, and Love bands like Necrophagist, Opeth, Arsis, and Bodom you will Love this Album. [/quote]
So while pointing out that you don't like bands that sound like other bands, you're also saying your own band sounds like Necrophagist, Opeth, Arsis, and Bodom?

m'kay.... <_<

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Sat September 25th, 2004, 9:49 pm

please, inform as to how any of the following bands are sound-alikes

Cernunnos!
Kshatriya
Daughter of Lust
Daath
The Remnant
Me and Him Call it Us

and there are plenty more...we have plenty of originality in this scene...that may be what kills it...honestly i think one of the main reasons that the scene gets killed is that shit like this is going on...no one supports each other...when you see a few good bands get together, put together a great show and really act like a group of people working towards the same goal, it really makes a huge difference...i know im guilty of not supporting the local scene as much as i should, and im sorry...i could give a million reasons why, but i still should support it better, as with everyone in this forum...hell...isnt that one of the main reasons this forum is here? to bring us all together to work towards the same goal?
play your gloom axe

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun September 26th, 2004, 9:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bobnoxious+Sep 26 2004, 02:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobnoxious @ Sep 26 2004, 02:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Asrynth+Sep 25 2004, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Asrynth &#064; Sep 25 2004, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you like crazy technical shred Death metal, and Love bands like Necrophagist, Opeth, Arsis, and Bodom you will Love this Album. [/quote]
So while pointing out that you don't like bands that sound like other bands, you're also saying your own band sounds like Necrophagist, Opeth, Arsis, and Bodom?

m'kay.... <_< [/quote]
No, we arent Idendintical to them, we are more of a metling pot with all of those thrown together. but even if we were I would much rather have a bunch of necrophagists around here than a overwhelming amount of "The Knife Trade" or "Downpour"

Oldmangloom25

Post by Oldmangloom25 » Mon October 4th, 2004, 10:08 pm

To each his own. Comparisons can be drawn all day long. The whole idea of music from my POV is to have fun and play the music that you want to hear. If everyone sounds alike to you (joe public) maybe its just what you (joe public) don't want to hear in music. Personally I'd rather have a dozen Knife Trades than Necrophagists, because I don't really like the latter. Even then, Downpour and The Knife Trade only sound alike to someone who isn't a fan because of the genre of music they may be labeled as, and not by the specific sound that each band brings to the table. It's like comparing In Flames and Soilwork. It just doesn't matter. I think The Knife Trade is a better band...so what? I think In Flames are better songwriters and Soilwork are better musicians. Thats only my opinion and as the old saying goes opinions are like assholes...The list could go on and on and on.

In retrospect, it reads as if this whole thread started as a joke?

Lets hope so.