ATL Metal scene

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:22 am

I think the Atlanta Metal scene isn't getting enough exposure by the rest of the nation. Atlanta has the best artist ever. I think there need to be a major record label to be able to sign and push these bands into the masses.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:31 am

Ok....sure great....do something about it! Full status reports I want every 2 hours...now GO! :wh4cky:

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 3:03 am

I watched "Josie and the Pussycats" on TBS tonight :b4ldm3t4l:

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 9:29 am

Hey Fn Dan, if Im going to do this then I need to know how much are you are going to pay me. I'm hoping around $180 per week. How about it. ;)

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 11:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Sep 23 2004, 02:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist &#064; Sep 23 2004, 02:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think the Atlanta Metal scene isn't getting enough exposure by the rest of the nation. Atlanta has the best artist ever. I think there need to be a major record label to be able to sign and push these bands into the masses.
[/quote]
Welcome to the forum Mr Masochist. Before addressing your concerns, I must point out one of my own. Here you mention that Atl has the best bands it ever has and needs exposure. But in a different forum you mention all the Atl bands sound alike (and perhaps don't deserve exposure?). Have you been out to see one band, really liked it and kept going to only their shows thinking they're the only band in town?

Anyway, I agree with your concerns here. The Atlanta metal scene does deserve more exposure nationwide as well as here - most people don't know about or appreciate the Atlanta bands. I'm working on an AtlantaMetal web site that will attempt to consolidate and highlight what's going on here. It will focus on giving exposure of the scene to both Atlanta people and nation(world)wide people. I doubt that will be the silver bullet that puts us over as a metal town but it's a start.

You mentioned labels pushing bands (we've discussed this on some other threads). I think that's needed but there needs to be a lot of follow-up. Take Mastodon for example - there's an Atlanta band getting a big national push but I'm not sure how much it's helped the Atl scene. I think they need to fly the Atl flag nationally and also try to pull some other Atl bands up with them.

So besides watching "Josie and the Pussycats", what else can help the Atl scene?

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 11:57 am

I think Mr. Masochist might be a troll...

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:24 pm

I think he might be a fucking moron.

...by "might be" I mean "is".

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 5:49 pm

The UtterDestruction Festival this summer at breakers was a great start toward becoming a premier city for metal, Bringing in a band like Arsis may have put it on the map.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 5:55 pm

Does anyone know if UtterDestruction will be a yearly event?

:b4ldm3t4l:
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 7:00 pm

I hope so, Next year if it happens I am going to try to get my band "Asrynth" on the bill.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri September 24th, 2004, 12:32 am

I don't think utter destruction will be a yearly thing now, since the guy who organized it is addicted to pain pills now :D

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri September 24th, 2004, 6:44 am

i'm failing to see how addiction to pain pills would prevent the festival from continuing :huh:
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri September 24th, 2004, 9:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ProstheticHead12+Sep 24 2004, 07:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ProstheticHead12 @ Sep 24 2004, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i'm failing to see how addiction to pain pills would prevent the festival from continuing :huh: [/quote]
It's a joke.....although I suspect a mellower lineup for next year. ;)

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Fri September 24th, 2004, 10:30 am

atlanta metal blows some serious stumpy penis.

i mean, i wish we had some good bands... maybe even one good metal act. but we dont at this time. ok see ya. :m1c:

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri September 24th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Andrew, please try to drop your elitist internet asshole shtick.

I'll have to admit there aren't too many bands in the area I'm crazy about, mostly because I'm just not into their style, but being a jerk on the internet about it isn't going to do any good.

If you don't think Atlanta has any good bands, then fucking start one yourself...maybe you can dust off the ole' turntables? :o

Although I am impressed that you have gone all these posts without mentioning being kicked out of Amoebic Dysentery.