ATL Metal scene

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri September 24th, 2004, 12:24 pm

Oh yeah, and when I say "start a band", that doesn't mean changing your board name to BandnameInstrument and pretending like it actually exists.

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Fri September 24th, 2004, 2:01 pm

Greg,Sep 23 2004, 06:24 PM wrote: I think he might be a fucking moron.

...by "might be" I mean "is".
[/QUOTE]

Hey you might be a closed-minded DJ, but at least I'm in a band that is making a living and buting my ass out there on the road.

I've got one question, how do you like me now!!!

:sm0k3:

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri September 24th, 2004, 2:47 pm

I didn't know Burger King was considered a band now?

Please go back under the bridge...

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Fri September 24th, 2004, 3:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dumpVokillist+Sep 24 2004, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dumpVokillist @ Sep 24 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> atlanta metal blows some serious stumpy penis.

i mean, i wish we had some good bands... maybe even one good metal act. but we dont at this time. ok see ya. :m1c: [/quote]
Ok man, I think you have crossed the line, I can name numerous good metal bands in the Atlanta Area,

Have you ever heard of:

Ecryptus?
Daath?
Cernunnos(im assuming their from atlanta)
Legions Of Astaroth?
Asrynth?

^^ Thats just a start, First of all you have no right to make that comment because you dont know what Atlanta has that isnt that present in the metal scene yet, And as Amoebic Dysentery said, if you think you can make a better metal band than the bands above, Go ahed and try, but that was a real dumbass remark on your part. *thumbs down* I think the Atlanta Metal Scene would get much bigger, and would draw more attraction, and bring more unknown bands out of the woodwork, if they would hold more festivals Like Utterdestruction, I know Deathgasm Records Metal night isnt a festival, but hey its a monthly event that I look forward too and anticipate every month, I tihnk if we had more of those type things or festivals or something Atlanta would be a hot topic when it comes to metal areas.

the_decapitator

Post by the_decapitator » Fri September 24th, 2004, 7:28 pm

Hahahahahaha,that was amazing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :b4ldm3t4l:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri September 24th, 2004, 10:45 pm

To be honest i've never heard any of the Atlanta metal bands. Well, whatever band that was that played first at the Dimmu show a couple of weeks ago. But I couldn't get into the. And for me to like a band. There has to be serious talent.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri September 24th, 2004, 11:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ChaoticGeetarz+Sep 24 2004, 11:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ChaoticGeetarz @ Sep 24 2004, 11:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And for me to like a band. There has to be serious talent. [/quote]
Every band has to get started somewhere. Go find demos from your favorite talented bands - chances are they sound like demos and you would probably turn your nose up to them if you didn't realize it was a band that you like. Keep that in mind and then try to extrapolate what a current startup band might sound like with big &#036; production.

Then there's shit like that from dumpvokilist - it's exactly what kills a scene. people that 1)use the retarded shtick - sure they may sound like shit but their entire gimmick is that they're goofy/retarded so it's ok. then 2) lash out at everyone else because they don't have the talent to lift the scene.

I think a good scene needs a lot of people sticking together. Bands, radio stations, venues, etc all working toward pushing metal. If nothing else motivates you, just think that things could become so bleak that even your favorite talented out-of-town act will skip your town because there's no activity.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat September 25th, 2004, 4:01 am

It would be cool to have like an ATL metal fest. All i've heard of is that battle of the bands at the Masq, that would have a shitload of bands at one time. Enlighten me if there ever was such a thing.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sat September 25th, 2004, 4:29 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ChaoticGeetarz+Sep 25 2004, 05:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ChaoticGeetarz @ Sep 25 2004, 05:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It would be cool to have like an ATL metal fest. All i've heard of is that battle of the bands at the Masq, that would have a shitload of bands at one time. Enlighten me if there ever was such a thing. [/quote]
Uh....yeah....this past August at Breakers, the Utter Destruction Fest. Last year, there was also the "Metalfest" at the Masquerade. Although, the "Metalfest" was a bit of a joke, the Utter Destruction Fest was not. There are quite a few threads here regarding the Utter Destruction Fest.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sat September 25th, 2004, 1:11 pm

Utter Destruction was great but thats only one. I think Deathgasm Records should hold a metalfest or something, that would be awesome. Anual events which people talk about and anticipate are key into spawning a premier metal city. I think Wrekage radio was a great thing for that cause but thats just a start we need mroe things happening around here. Shows that will bring bands out of the woodwork that no one has heard of, and draw attention to our city.

WuDi, w/o competition

Post by WuDi, w/o competition » Sat September 25th, 2004, 9:39 pm

Hey, wait! Did we almost witness a fight there? How cool...
My little willy is getting all jumpy now.

I'm in a band.
Do you all like me now?

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun September 26th, 2004, 9:26 am

<!--QuoteBegin-WuDi, w/o competition+Sep 26 2004, 02:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WuDi, w/o competition @ Sep 26 2004, 02:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey, wait! Did we almost witness a fight there? How cool...
My little willy is getting all jumpy now.

I'm in a band.
Do you all like me now? [/quote]
rofl ^^

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun September 26th, 2004, 7:36 pm

I think that the ATL metal scene is progressively getting better actually. I think that there are some fucking awesome bands here. Wait...mellower bands on the Utter Destruction Fest? No way! The heavier, the better (but of course they need to have talent!) That would be fuckin' killer if the Utter Destruction Fest became a yearly thing. ...and Arsis kicked ass!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon September 27th, 2004, 2:13 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Sep 24 2004, 02:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist @ Sep 24 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey you might be a closed-minded DJ, but at least I'm in a band that is making a living and buting my ass out there on the road. [/quote]
Well I bet your band sounds like either Paces Ferry or Sevendust. :m1c: :ch41n:

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed September 29th, 2004, 1:09 pm

Hey you might be a closed-minded DJ, but at least I'm in a band that is making a living and buting my ass out there on the road.
"buting"??? did you mean "biting", "pounding", "taking it in....."???