Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Fri October 1st, 2004, 6:04 pm

canvas solaris - when solar winds collide
cynic!!!!
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat October 2nd, 2004, 9:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ProstheticHead12+Sep 30 2004, 05:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ProstheticHead12 @ Sep 30 2004, 05:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Canvas Solaris - Sublimation is some good intrumental metal
Dream Theater have some excellent instrumentals
Apocalyptica cover metal with cellos and minus vocals if they could fit in

also not all the Flametal is instrumental - but a lot of folks have said they liked them.

as for vocalists that play an instrument too, i'll do my best but there are some vocalists i'm going to play regardless because they're awesome. [/quote]
same here. There are some vocalists that have the fucking talent. About the drummers, they are the backbone of their band. Most of you probably have never willingly listened to Cowboy Mouth but their lead singer is the drummer. I thought that was pretty cool.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sat October 2nd, 2004, 9:32 pm

cowboy mouth is right on

but primus is the best

PRIMUS!!!!!!!

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Mon October 4th, 2004, 4:04 pm

anyone have suggestions for the awesome metal vocals portion of my show tomorrow?

metallica is too famous to be played but i'll have some morbid angel and some dillinger with patton, some new dillinger, blind guardian, death, radiation 4, and thats all my tired brain can come up with off the top of my head. i might also throw on a few vocals that make me laugh like brujeria or ringworm or something off graveyard classics from SFU.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon October 4th, 2004, 8:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ProstheticHead12+Oct 4 2004, 05:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ProstheticHead12 @ Oct 4 2004, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> anyone have suggestions for the awesome metal vocals portion of my show tomorrow? [/quote]
Quite a few bands come to mind:

Tad Morose (with a vocalist named Urban Breed, how can you resist?)
Evergrey
Lacuna Coil (go listen to some Exhorder Bob ;))
Therion (espeically anything off of Lemuria)
Amaran
Control Denied
Iced Earth
Demons and Wizards

The best selection would probably have to be the new Ayreon album, "The Human Equation". How can you possibly go wrong with a song that features both Mikael Akerfeldt and Devin Townsend on the same song, with some splashing of James Labrie just for good measure? Incredible album with incredible vocal performances.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon October 4th, 2004, 9:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ProstheticHead12+Oct 4 2004, 05:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ProstheticHead12 &#064; Oct 4 2004, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> anyone have suggestions for the awesome metal vocals portion of my show tomorrow? [/quote]
Opeth
Bloodbath
Tool
Porcupine Tree
Anathema (the earlier the heavier, and therefore better)
Katatonia (see above)
S.Y.L.
Emperor (especially the Prometheus album)
any Dimmu song that features clean vox from Vortex
any of the other various 134,498,397 bands Mike Patton has sung for
any of the other various 134,498,397 bands Tomas Lindberg has sung for

Stuff that's good but laugh-worthy like you mentioned:

Macabre
Primus
Lord Worm-era Cryptopsy

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon October 4th, 2004, 10:02 pm

Wow Greg, Anathema? Porcupine Tree? Katatonia? Are you losing your edge? Those sounds like bands I would suggest. ;) "Blackest Eyes" and "Strip The Soul" from In Absentia are the only PT songs that are really metal enough more than likely. The Anathema album A Fine Day To Exit is a favorite of mine, but I don't know if it's heavy enough. I love Katatonia, and they're definitely heavy enough, especially if you choose some of their earlier stuff from Brave Murder Day. I didn't suggest them though, since I've actually heard some people complain about Jonas Renske's vocals. I love them, but some people don't.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon October 4th, 2004, 10:09 pm

One of us should have mentioned King Diamond so that Paul would have telepathically sensed it and returned here to make 20 posts about how he hates King Diamond before disappearing for a while again :lol:

That being said, the King is a legendary vocalist... whether that's a good or bad thing is in the ear of the beholder. Maybe you want to include him on the show too.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon October 4th, 2004, 10:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Oct 4 2004, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Oct 4 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> One of us should have mentioned King Diamond so that Paul would have telepathically sensed it and returned here to make 20 posts about how he hates King Diamond before disappearing for a while again :lol: [/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think Paul's biggest problem with the King is the music. According to Paul, King Diamond is a major asshole. Apparently the King kicked Paul's ass badly in a game of D&D, or maybe it was Magic... ;)

It's funny though, because I've actually talked to people that claimed Kind Diamond was a super cool dude. Paul most have caught him on a bad day or something? :ph34r:

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Mon October 4th, 2004, 10:18 pm

how about some my dying bride?
play your gloom axe

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Tue October 5th, 2004, 3:24 pm

How about a band called the white stripes, they are the only band I know that has no bass player. Only drums, vocals and guitar.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue October 5th, 2004, 7:28 pm

do you ever post anything intelligent?

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue October 5th, 2004, 9:57 pm

vocalists are musicians just as well as guitarist, pianists, violinists, ect...they have to learn to read music and be able to sing it just like any other musician would have to play it...but i guess this is about metal. And most metal singers cant really sing.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed October 6th, 2004, 1:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Oct 5 2004, 08:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist @ Oct 5 2004, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How about a band called the white stripes, they are the only band I know that has no bass player. Only drums, vocals and guitar. [/quote]
I have two words for you

:ch41n: ANAL CUNT :ch41n:

oh, and here are another two

:ch41n: PIG DESTROYER :ch41n:

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Wed October 6th, 2004, 9:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-E.J. Diarrheaspray+Oct 6 2004, 06:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (E.J. Diarrheaspray @ Oct 6 2004, 06:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I have two words for you

:ch41n: ANAL CUNT :ch41n:

oh, and here are another two

:ch41n: PIG DESTROYER :ch41n: [/quote]
Whoa, tough crowd tough crowd.