Dimmu Borgir

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 2nd, 2004, 3:31 pm

This show in September is going to be great! Does anybody else know who else is playing with them?
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri July 2nd, 2004, 5:22 pm

SMNnews is listing that Bleeding Through will be one of the bands. Presumably, Tim has heard that God Forbid is another of the bands as well. Other than that, not a clue.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri July 2nd, 2004, 8:24 pm

Hey that's better than no information at all!

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Sat July 3rd, 2004, 5:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Metalfreak+Jul 2 2004, 03:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Metalfreak &#064; Jul 2 2004, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This show in September is going to be great! Does anybody else know who else is playing with them? [/quote]

Every death metal concert my friends have seen, sound disappointng. Yeah these guys bang their heads, and there maybe some mosh pit, but where's the things that make death metal? Where's the heads of some fans on a metal pike? A floor covered in blood? Or even an executioner with a really sharp axe ready for his next victim to the slaughter?

Well maybe my expectations are too weird, but maybe they aren't. :angry: :D

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat July 3rd, 2004, 7:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-DarkWolfen+Jul 3 2004, 05:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkWolfen &#064; Jul 3 2004, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Metalfreak+Jul 2 2004, 03:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Metalfreak &#064; Jul 2 2004, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This show in September is going to be great! Does anybody else know who else is playing with them? [/quote]

Every death metal concert my friends have seen, sound disappointng. Yeah these guys bang their heads, and there maybe some mosh pit, but where's the things that make death metal? Where's the heads of some fans on a metal pike? A floor covered in blood? Or even an executioner with a really sharp axe ready for his next victim to the slaughter?

Well maybe my expectations are too weird, but maybe they aren't. :angry: :D[/quote]
haha! I went to a Mirage concert and there were guys (including one of my friends) hanging off meathooks. One guy fell and there was a puddle of blood on the floor. This was at the Masquerade, too. At a Shaitan Mazar concert, my friend hung off meathooks on a cross. That was fucking awesome!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sat July 3rd, 2004, 10:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-DarkWolfen+Jul 3 2004, 06:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkWolfen &#064; Jul 3 2004, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Every death metal concert my friends have seen, sound disappointng. Yeah these guys bang their heads, and there maybe some mosh pit, but where's the things that make death metal? Where's the heads of some fans on a metal pike? A floor covered in blood? Or even an executioner with a really sharp axe ready for his next victim to the slaughter?

Well maybe my expectations are too weird, but maybe they aren't. :angry: :D [/quote]
Exhumed's bassist used to be able to vomit on command during their older shows... you'd have to bring a plastic sheet like you were going to a Gallagher comedy show if you didn't want to get his vomit on you. GWAR puts on a really cool stage show too, check them out the next time they're in town. It's kinda like one of those Rocky Horror re-enactments on acid, and with plenty of spewing fluids. Dimmu's show is more about theatrics than anything else. It's campy fun, not unlike the Rocky Horror re-enactment itself.

If you go to to a show outside the United States though (especially in Europe), you can get all those extras you mentioned, and more!

example: <a href='http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local ... 723414.ece' target='_blank'>http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local ... 414.ece</a>

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun July 4th, 2004, 5:29 pm

How is any of that death metal? Dummy Burger is poser black metal, Bleeding Through is straightedge hardcore/metalcore, and god forbid is just metalcore.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 8th, 2004, 3:18 am

The Exhumed bassist you are referring to is no longer in the band...their longtime drummer used to hold up a severed head and rip the flesh off and drink the blood, as well as breathe fire onstage...but he is no longer in the band either <_<

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 8th, 2004, 1:12 pm

Yeah not enough bands showing decaying ripped up pieces of flesh live damn :P

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue July 13th, 2004, 5:15 am

Latest word on the Dimmu show is Atreyu and Bleeding Through, opening. I was kinda hoping for Lacuna Coil m'self.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue July 13th, 2004, 8:24 am

In other words those of you planning on going to this show may want to get there a little late. :P

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Tue July 13th, 2004, 10:28 am

For Ozzfest, Tony Laureano from Nile is going to be sitting behind the kit for Dimmu. Apparently, the guy the band had lined up couldn't get a work visa. You can read more <a href='http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net ... emID=24658' target='_blank'>here</a> via blabbermouth.

Death

Post by Death » Tue July 20th, 2004, 10:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-WREKage-Paul+Jul 13 2004, 05:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WREKage-Paul @ Jul 13 2004, 05:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Latest word on the Dimmu show is Atreyu and Bleeding Through, opening. I was kinda hoping for Lacuna Coil m'self. [/quote]
Lillith Coil opening for Dimmu? :m0nk3yp33:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue July 20th, 2004, 11:09 pm

Actually I can see Lacuna Coil as a better fit than Bleeding Through or Atreyu.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue July 27th, 2004, 1:14 am

I can too, Atreyu is poppy hxcbull shit, and Bleeding Through is straightedge hardcore/metalcore. Lacuna Coil would defintly better with Dummy Burger than the other too. But im glad BT is playing.