help plan the playlist tonight

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

the_decapitator

Post by the_decapitator » Thu November 4th, 2004, 7:40 am

Houwitser would be nice!!

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri November 5th, 2004, 12:42 am

Both Necrophagists are a must have. Iv been listening to the both so much lately.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri November 5th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Ok, so the guy that has my Arsis cd is in Augusta for the weekend, so unless we're able to track down the station's copy you're gonna have to wait until next week for it.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Fri November 5th, 2004, 4:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Nov 5 2004, 05:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Nov 5 2004, 05:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Both Necrophagists are a must have. Iv been listening to the both so much lately. [/quote]
You and me both, I just cant get enough of the insanity. They are going on tour with Nile and others in 2005, I heard a rumor that they maybe coming to ATL.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon November 8th, 2004, 3:41 pm

I have a suggestion, and it doesn't deal with songs actually. I listened this previous Friday night for about 30 minutes, and I noticed there was an announcement between every song saying what it was (that's about 5 or so songs I guess). I'm not trying to tell you how to do things or trying to be a jerk, but I was thinking it wasn't really necessary to hear the DJ speak between every song. I was glad when one song finally went straight into another. You could fit more music in that way too. Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue November 9th, 2004, 7:28 pm

I don't know about for wrekage but on normal shifts on wrek you are required to say what every song you play is.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue November 9th, 2004, 10:34 pm

Yeah but you don't have to say their names after each song, you can just read them in a list after playing a bunch of songs non-stop in a row.

Dan, you're probably either talking about my set or Paul's set. We both announce requests when we play them so the people waiting on them know when they are, then we'll play stuff from our own playlists without interrupting for 3-4 songs when we aren't playing requests. Paul and I both usually wind up playing the most requests because of the times we usually go on (me in the middle and Paul toward the end), so it probably seems like we do it a lot.

I personally try to keep the talking to a minimum because I am aware I talk inbetween songs more often when I'm playing blocks of requests. I don't think it's that much of a problem time-wise though (it's usually 15 or so seconds... time enough to say what I just played and time enough to say what's up next with no chit-chat inbetween), and I think the people who call in requests want to know when their song is coming up. Part of the reason they call up is so they can hear their song name read aloud on the air and say to themselves/their buddies "Hell yeah! That's my song!".

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed November 10th, 2004, 4:58 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Nov 9 2004, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg &#064; Nov 9 2004, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Dan, you're probably either talking about my set or Paul's set.&nbsp; We both announce requests when we play them so the people waiting on them know when they are, then we'll play stuff from our own playlists without interrupting for 3-4 songs when we aren't playing requests.&nbsp; Paul and I both usually wind up playing the most requests because of the times we usually go on (me in the middle and Paul toward the end), so it probably seems like we do it a lot.

I personally try to keep the talking to a minimum because I am aware I talk inbetween songs more often when I'm playing blocks of requests.&nbsp; I don't think it's that much of a problem time-wise though (it's usually 15 or so seconds... time enough to say what I just played and time enough to say what's up next with no chit-chat inbetween), and I think the people who call in requests want to know when their song is coming up.&nbsp; Part of the reason they call up is so they can hear their song name read aloud on the air and say to themselves/their buddies "Hell yeah!&nbsp; That's my song!".[/quote]

I'm curious to know who was deejaying at the time, too. My "normal" routine is to play two songs back-to-back and then back-announce the last song played and announce the one coming up. This past week there were a few requests that I wanted to make sure got mentioned in advance, but I tried to keep the break to a minimum.

Ironically....one of the complaints that we used to get was that deejays wouldn't announce songs for a looong time (back in the Jonathan/Sam days); sometimes they'd go almost an hour before announcing what they'd played....or so you hoped.
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM