Helmet and Slayer?

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu November 11th, 2004, 9:34 am

Yeah, I'm going to Helmet on the 20th at the Cotton club and Slayer on the 25th (i think..thanksgiving) at the Tabernacle...but nobody wants to go with me, so just wondering if anybody else is going to these shows.

I've never seen Slayer and I regretted not going like, the past 4 times they've come here, so I figure I better get it out of the way and see them.

:(

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu November 11th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Ill be there the 25 to see Slayer. I just dont want to see Killswitch. Mastodon might be ok but im going to get there kinda early so i can get a good seat, i dont feel like getting mauled by a though gross sweaty guys again.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri November 12th, 2004, 10:03 am

<!--QuoteBegin-AmoebicDysentery+Nov 11 2004, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AmoebicDysentery @ Nov 11 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've never seen Slayer and I regretted not going like, the past 4 times they've come here, so I figure I better get it out of the way and see them. [/quote]
Yeah, they won't be touring forever (though it seems like it) and you'll want to be able to say you at least saw them once.

The last Jager tour was the first time I saw them, and they wound up playing the entire Reign In Blood album. Hopefully they've got something that good in line for this year's show, other than that cheesy-sounding blood-spraying thing.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri November 12th, 2004, 12:23 pm

I think the bloodspraying idea is stupid. If i get sprayed with blood while im in my seat im going to get pisses...well i probably wont but oh well.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri November 12th, 2004, 12:23 pm

i wish i could go see slayer....but the future in-laws are in town for the wedding so i can't make it. and yeah, you have to see slayer at least once. and neal, you'd probably be served well to stay in the seats seeing how slayer shows bring people out of the woodworks and the pits never stop.

killswitch sucks! mastodon will be good as long as you overlook there butchering of at least two songs a set. they trip me out how they can play everything flawlessly but totally butcher two songs a set.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri November 12th, 2004, 2:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Nov 12 2004, 02:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya &#064; Nov 12 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think the bloodspraying idea is stupid. If i get sprayed with blood while im in my seat im going to get pisses...well i probably wont but oh well. [/quote]
I have no idea if it's the crowd that's gonna get sprayed with blood or if it's just gonna rain down on stage or both.

I don't see how you can "spray" blood without it getting out into the crowd somehow though, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

By the way we will be giving away tickets to this show and the Helmet show on Wrekage next week (the 19th), so listen the Friday before thanksgiving and see if one of you can't snag a pair.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri November 12th, 2004, 3:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Nov 12 2004, 03:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Nov 12 2004, 03:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Nov 12 2004, 02:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya &#064; Nov 12 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think the bloodspraying idea is stupid. If i get sprayed with blood while im in my seat im going to get pisses...well i probably wont but oh well. [/quote]
I have no idea if it's the crowd that's gonna get sprayed with blood or if it's just gonna rain down on stage or both.

I don't see how you can "spray" blood without it getting out into the crowd somehow though, I guess we'll have to wait and see. [/quote]
There were some pictures on blabbermouth a couple of days ago. It looked as if the rain was just on stage. Apparently it doesn't rain nearly as much "blood" as they did for the first time Slayer had the wall of blood. According to Tom Araya, he couldn't even hold onto his bass because so much "blood" was pouring down. He had to resort to beating on his bass. Of course, no one in the audience had the slightest clue Araya was having bass difficulties. :wh4cky:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 16th, 2004, 5:34 am

Apparently the New York Times did a write-up on the "Wall of Blood" thing....which is pretty cool exposure for metalllll.

I'm gonna try to make it to both of these shows. Helmet and the last show ever at the Cotton Club....kinda sad, that.

As for Slayer...... I missed them the last time but have seen them twice before, and they're always a good show, and it'll be cool to see Mastodon performing on a stage where they can move more than six inches without smashing into the control-board. (I saw them when they performed in the old WREKage studio :wh4cky: ) I like Killswitch okay, too...
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed November 17th, 2004, 9:02 pm

I fuckin hate new slayer fuck all the bands playing with them too they're all fuckin gay.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri November 26th, 2004, 1:20 am

A great show.

The opening band was horrible, i dont recall their name though.

Mastodon was really good, killswitch did pretty good, but im not really into them.

Slayer played great, but their sound was kind of, shitty. You could barly hear the guitars and their tone i thought wasnt very good.

But overall it was a great show

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 30th, 2004, 7:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Nov 26 2004, 02:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Nov 26 2004, 02:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Slayer played great, but their sound was kind of, shitty. You could barly hear the guitars and their tone i thought wasnt very good. [/quote]
Seems like we could hear Kerry's guitar pretty clearly up in the second balcony, but we could barely hear Tom until halfway through the show. :(

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue November 30th, 2004, 2:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-WREKage-Paul+Nov 30 2004, 07:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WREKage-Paul @ Nov 30 2004, 07:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Seems like we could hear Kerry's guitar pretty clearly... [/quote]
sorry for your misfortune

the last time I saw them where they sounded really good was in 1988...