little tree studios

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

God of Brutality

little tree studios

Post by God of Brutality » Wed December 17th, 2008, 8:15 pm

My band (Choking Her) and I run a venue in decatur called Little Tree Studios( I know we didnt name the damn thing) Most of you know we have been putting on death metal shows since last spring and some of you have never heard of the place.
Its nothing special, pretty basic place, not an incredable sound system but good enough for the small crowds that come to support local metal anyways. We make barely any money from the shows and we pay to use the place. However we will continue to book shows as long as there are bands to book.

We are always looking for local bands to play shows with us. As long as your death metal your welcome. Yes all genre's included. So if your band is interested in playing shows p.m me and I will get you the proper contact info and any other further info needed.

The current shows we have booked are

12/20/2008
8:00 PM - Apocolyptic Visions, Choking Her, Dead to the World, Cataleptic Burial, Organ at Little Tree Studios
2842 Franklin St. Avondale Estates
Decatur, Georgia 30002
$8.00

1/3/09
Choking Her, Burial Within, Anagnorisis, Severed Faith at Little Tree Studios
2842 Franklin St., Avondale Estates, Georgia 30002
Cost: $7.00
doors open @ 8

Stay Brutal,
Barry

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Thu December 18th, 2008, 10:20 am

I'd love to make it to a show, and intend to eventually, but being stuck in the mountains makes it difficult to get it to Hotlanter on a regular basis.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Thu December 18th, 2008, 11:07 am

ScreamBloodyGore wrote:I'd love to make it to a show, and intend to eventually, but being stuck in the mountains makes it difficult to get it to Hotlanter on a regular basis.
I can definitely relate to that, except for the mountains part... Rome claims to have 'em but they're nothing but hills in my book. And lame ones, at that.

Anyway, I have to commend you God of Brutality (aka Barry) for this venue and for keeping it going like you have. It is awesome that you've created a place for death metal bands that just want to play for an audience their own way, not having to sell tickets or anything like that. It's a great space too, despite the sound issues you mentioned.

Ever thought about having a "deathfest" there? Let's get Deeds of Flesh or Malignancy there LOL.
----------------------------------

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Thu December 18th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Thanks Kelly. I've been in death metal bands in ga since 96 so I know all the bs of shitty venue's. We would love to be able to pay bands more but without great turn out and the ability to legally sell alcohol we just cover what it cost to rent the building for a day .

I think the hardest part is cleaning up after the shows. I feel like Im on probation picking up cigerette butts.

Hell everyone should atleast come by and check it out. Its only a 10 minutes from little 5 and not more then 30 from practicly all of metro atlanta.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri December 19th, 2008, 1:16 am

bowels out from texas has been contacting me about doing a show in atlanta in may. they are brutal death from texas.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

frozen

Post by frozen » Sat December 20th, 2008, 12:05 pm

I've heard good things about Little Tree Studios. We (Sybaritic) would love to play there. That is, if you feel like having us on any bill there. And it's always good to play with fellow metal bands.

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Sat December 20th, 2008, 4:11 pm

Please p.m with info to get in touch with bands looking to play.