Century Media and Roadrunner partner on new DAATH 4/21

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Century Media and Roadrunner partner on new DAATH 4/21

Post by mrjumping » Thu January 29th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Hey guys - I know some of you've been waiting patiently and some of you not so patiently and some not at all for this news. Well for those that give a shit wait no longer. Here it is! Rather than reword it I just pasted in the official press release for you guys to read. Thank you for your patience and support!

-Eyal

-----

There are many instances where the media and fans create misconceptions as to what a certain band sounds like or simply get lumped into a genre after numerous tours with artists from the same scene. Well, the Atlanta based quintet DÅÅTH certainly set out with a mission to truly separate themselves from the rest when recording their much anticipated new album, The Concealers, which is nothing but a straight shot of pure, unfiltered American metal at its very best. The dueling guitar virtuosity of Emil Werstler and Eyal Levi harkens many comparisons to Mustaine and Friedman, all the while the acclaimed Kevin Talley (ex-Chimaira) pounds away with fury and precision further proving he is one of the genre’s most accomplished players.

Now, with a dynamic new singer in tow, Century Media Records is proud to announce a worldwide partnership with Roadrunner Records to release DÃ…Ã…TH’s new opus, The Concealers, on April 21st. The Concealers was produced and mixed by Jason Suecof and Mark Lewis (Trivium, All That Remains, Devildriver) and features unparalleled musicianship along with the extraordinary vocals of Sean Z. A new track, titled “Sharpen the Blades,â€Â￾ has been posted online at the official DÃ…Ã…TH MySpace page (<a href="http://www.myspace.com/daath">http://ww ... m/daath</a>), so head over now to check it out.

Werstler comments: “We mutually agreed that CM would be much more appropriate for the band at this stage, but that nobody felt like it was time to end the relationship with Roadrunner, so we worked out a deal where Roadrunner still makes our records, but CM works them.â€Â￾

DÃ…Ã…TH shot to the forefront of the metal world with the 2007 release of The Hinderers. The band built a worldwide following by touring with the likes of Job For A Cowboy, Devildriver, Unearth, Despised Icon and others while also taking part in the 2007 edition of Ozzfest. After this wrapped and the band underwent some healthy lineup changes, DÃ…Ã…TH entered the studio more focused than ever before to begin work on their sophomore album.

DÅÅTH is the brain child of Levi and features amongst its ranks some of the best all around musicians in today’s heavy music scene. Werstler is also one of the most heralded up-and-coming guitarists today. See the following link to witness his shredding abilities <a href="http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d ... 6Ob8Vv0</a>. The band also enlisted the full-time duties of drummer Kevin Talley (ex- Chimaira, Dying Fetus, Misery Index,), who is renowned for his technical proficiency, speed and strong attack. <a href="http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d ... 2JgVrZg</a>

Talley comments: “It's amazing that Roadrunner and Century Media are collaborating for the release of our upcoming album because I have been friends with both labels for so many years. I filled in for Suffocation in 1998, played in Chimaira, Devildriver, and now DÃ…Ã…TH who were all, at some point on Roadrunner and, over the years, I have gone to many of their international offices. My experience with Century Media dates back to my DYING FETUS and MISERY INDEX days when I would stop by their office and raid the CD warehouse for killer music. I was even wearing a Century Media shirt during my SLAYER audition. Overall, I am stoked because these labels are not only my friends, but they are great labels and I am honored to have their names on the upcoming release.â€Â￾

Levi further states: “I’m not going to waste your time or insult your intelligence with a plethora of metal words and brutal adjectives about our new album. I’ll just say this: In my opinion this is the first true DÃ…Ã…TH record. I think it’s amazing. Any preconceived notions you may have about our band will be destroyed. We came together on this like one five headed, pissed off beast that’s out for blood. Everyone’s strengths shine like never before. It’s the best I’ve ever written and played and it’s the best I’ve ever heard my bandmates write and play. Call me cocky if you will, but check out the record and if you disagree feel free to write me on our MySpace and call me a prick. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the hell out of it and look forward to seeing you on the road!â€Â￾

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu January 29th, 2009, 5:04 pm

I guess y'all are just too heavy for one label to carry, eh?
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!