Live At WREK with Hallows Eve archive

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed November 17th, 2004, 7:47 am

Links are available to listen to the archive of this weeks <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#110' target='_blank'>Live At WREK featuring Hallow's Eve</a>.

SpeedFreak

Post by SpeedFreak » Sun November 21st, 2004, 12:31 am

am i the only person to think that these guys need a real vocalist? where's Stacy Anderson?!?!?

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue November 23rd, 2004, 9:58 am

Dear lord please don't let Steve Cannon see this thread...

:D

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue November 23rd, 2004, 12:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Nov 23 2004, 09:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Nov 23 2004, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dear lord please don't let Steve Cannon see this thread...

:D [/quote]
I'm sorry I didn't get to hear him at the Exodus show since I had heard good things about him. I too think the band could benefit from some dedicated vocal efforts.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu December 2nd, 2004, 9:58 am

Dan- I'm interested in hearing your remastered copy. Does anyone happen to have a copy of Live @ WREK with Ground Xero ??? I'd like to get a copy of that one too.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu December 2nd, 2004, 11:16 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bobnoxious+Dec 2 2004, 10:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bobnoxious @ Dec 2 2004, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dan- I'm interested in hearing your remastered copy. Does anyone happen to have a copy of Live @ WREK with Ground Xero ??? I'd like to get a copy of that one too. [/quote]
Why don't you come by the studio this Friday, I'll be handing out copies to WREKage folks that want one. ;)

As for Ground:Xero...well, I do have the soundboard recordings, but I'll be honest, I wish I could rerecord that show. The "mastering" process is going to take a while on that cd as well, mainly because of the situation in which it was recorded. That was the first heavy band to Live at WREK in a while, and it unfortunately shows. I'm gonna have to take the individual songs and work with them extensively. With the Hallows Eve recordings, I just basically stuck an EQ on the thing, and busted it up into tracks. I like how it sounds though. :)

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed February 2nd, 2005, 5:13 am

Damn people aren't subtle about their feelings for Steve these days. :shock: :P

Greg wrote: Dear lord please don't let Steve Cannon see this thread...

:D

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed February 9th, 2005, 6:05 am

Speaking of Live at WREK broadcasts, I'm listening to last night's show right now, on the archive. I'd realllly like to know why, in between songs, the lady host of the show is crystal-clear in the mix, while all the band mics are mixed so far down, they are totally and completely inaudible. It's as if she's talking to the band through a thick glass window. A pity; they might have been saying something interesting, like the band's website or other trivialities. :(

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed February 9th, 2005, 12:17 pm

She's probably up in the studio.

I don't know, I haven't run a live at wrek show yet, but someone has to be up there on the board broadcasting it over the air. I don't know if the "announcer" is up there too or down with the band.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed February 9th, 2005, 12:59 pm

Kari was the host for last night. I ran the sound upstairs, and I don't know why you couldn't hear the band. The way it sounded, I don't think they were talking into the mics. I know, sounds stupid, but for some reason, bands tend to forget they need to talk into the mics and rarely do in between songs when talking to the hosts. However, since I was upstairs I didn't know what the case was. Since I had the mix the way I already wanted it, I didn't feel like chasing it around just to hear what the band was saying, since I considered the live mix to be more important. And no, it isn't that easy to chase vocals around if they weren't actually talking into the mics.

And no, Kari was not in the studio, she was downstairs with the band. She was talking into her mic, and hence, that's why you could hear her. ;)

VibrationsOfDoom

Ground:Xero live at WREKage..

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed May 4th, 2005, 3:27 am

I think I still have the Ground:Xero show on my hard drive somewhere... I REALLY enjoyed it, but I think there were some small technical difficulties, though personally I enjoyed it. Very much. The Journey cover blew my mind, I thought it was quite well done, although at one point Sean's voice peaked out on a high note...

VibrationsOfDoom

Oh yeah...

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed May 4th, 2005, 3:28 am

Oh yeah,. by the way I think I did see this thread....I'm not sure though... No comment... =:>

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon August 15th, 2005, 12:15 am

A bit of an update. It looks like this recording, properly mastered (by me), will see the light of day in some form of release. The tentative title, last Tommy told me, will be "Recreational Violence." The astute will find the pun...