Megadeth fans hate Earshot

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Jane Doe

Post by Jane Doe » Wed November 17th, 2004, 4:41 pm

I recently went to a Megadeth concert in another state, but a friend told me (who was at the Megadeth show in another state) said that a bunch of people turned their backs during Earshot's set, and the singer said "you paid 40 bucks to turn your back to the band?" what a cocky shit. he can't actually think that the people came to see an MTV false metal band when they have the middle slot between two thrash greats. glad i don't have to see em on wednesday, although it might have been pretty funny. clearly they're pussies. i'm sure that if they would have had the first opening slot, people would have ignored them more than throwing shit at em. what do they expect when a bunch of metalheads get to a show, see a great old-school thrash band, and are ready for the headliners, another great old-school thrash band...and mtv shitstains step on stage. they should have stuck it out. they aren't the first opening band to get abused by fans, and they won't be the last. but clearly they're pussy enough that, unlike some good bands on odd-couple tour line-ups, they can't tough it out, and maybe reach a few people out there. i'm sure i'll never hear of this band again.

This happened weeks ago, sorry for late notice.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri November 19th, 2004, 1:21 pm

Never heard of them

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sun November 21st, 2004, 12:17 pm

earshot are pretty bad - i heard them do a live acoustic set on 103.7 - and the next day it was realized that the band left a few guitars or something at the station and were already back out touring. :wh4cky: i don't know who thought earshot and megadeth would be good idea but folks should've seen the abuse coming.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.