DJ Pestilence bitchfest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: The Toilet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Generubin
Member


Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 1573
Location: My head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Pestilence wrote:

this was a response to violence. I do have a right to respond to violence as I see fit.



Photobucket
_________________
BlackRoija wrote:
Cut your hair and worship Jesus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Metalfreak
Member


Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 4164
Location: Clovis, NM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading all these posts, deleting posts, and I split this thread.

From what all I've read, this Floyd guy really doesn't know what he's talking about. He has to resort to mom jokes and making really stupid insults.

Like Ryan said, you should start acting like a professional if you want to get respect for your fest or any other work you do. Letting the interwebz get to you is not professional at all. Same goes with drugs, that is VERY unprofessional and will get you nowhere.

That list you made of what you should do next time around is a good starting point. Go from there, stop making insults, get evidence FIRST before you blame someone for damaging something, no matter how many 'eyewitnesses' you had, and most importantly, stop doing drugs.
_________________
Quote:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
DJ Pestilence
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generubin wrote:
DJ Pestilence wrote:

this was a response to violence. I do have a right to respond to violence as I see fit.



Photobucket


love it that's so Matt and Brian hahahaa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ Pestilence
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalfreak wrote:
I've been reading all these posts, deleting posts, and I split this thread.

From what all I've read, this Floyd guy really doesn't know what he's talking about. He has to resort to mom jokes and making really stupid insults.

Like Ryan said, you should start acting like a professional if you want to get respect for your fest or any other work you do. Letting the interwebz get to you is not professional at all. Same goes with drugs, that is VERY unprofessional and will get you nowhere.

That list you made of what you should do next time around is a good starting point. Go from there, stop making insults, get evidence FIRST before you blame someone for damaging something, no matter how many 'eyewitnesses' you had, and most importantly, stop doing drugs.


I'M THE ROCK N ROLL CLOWN AND I DO COCAINE!!!!

Well if beer and weed are drugs I be damn. You don't know me pally so watch the slander there. eyewitness testimony is used in over 95% of all trial cases that end in conviction. But it seems on here you just have to say it enough and it's true. Dude even said he did it for fuck sake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Generubin
Member


Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 1573
Location: My head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Pestilence wrote:


love it that's so Matt and Brian hahahaa

nou


Wikipedia:
A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function. There is no single, precise definition, as there are different meanings in drug control law, government regulations, medicine, and colloquial usage.

(Fyi tobacco and caffeine are drugs)

Dictionary.com:

Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

2.
(in federal law)
a. any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
b. any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
d. any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.

3. a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, esp. a narcotic.

4. drugs,
a. chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter.
b. personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.

5. Obsolete . any ingredient used in chemistry, pharmacy, dyeing, or the like.


P.S. Who loves Google and Wikipedia as much as I do?
_________________
_________________
BlackRoija wrote:
Cut your hair and worship Jesus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knucklehead
Member


Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Posts: 3396
Location: Decatur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Pestilence wrote:
eyewitness testimony is used in over 95% of all trial cases that end in conviction.


I happen to be a criminal defense lawyer and have tried more than my share, mostly successfully. The percentage is even higher than the statistic that you have quite apparently pulled out of thin air, probably higher than 99%. The reason that the percentage is so high is that the number of cases without an eyewitness is exceedingly low. But even that doesn't really mean much, because not every trial results in a conviction and you are looking at only those trials that end in conviction. Also, you are assuming that the eyewitness tesitmony is only the evidence that leads to conviction. This simply isn't true. In fact, my trial partner just tried a case where the client was accused of twice robbing a donut shop while armed. Both cashiers positively identified him and there was surveillance video. The client was acquitted. You are confusing causation and correlation.

However, just because the percentage of cases resulting in conviction, where eyewitness testimony is offered, is high still doesn't mean that eyewitness testimony is reliable. Those are two completely separate issues.

DJ Pestilence wrote:
Dude even said he did it for fuck sake.


He did not say that here.
_________________
Diana wrote:
Last night I had a blinding headache, so I skipped the gym and went home to drink Bulleit and watch this doc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Knucklehead
Member


Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Posts: 3396
Location: Decatur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, by the way, anything written here is libel, not slander.
_________________
Diana wrote:
Last night I had a blinding headache, so I skipped the gym and went home to drink Bulleit and watch this doc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
V-GER
Member


Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 683
Location: Florida, USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ Pestilence
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:


Quote:
you know it's really awesome that fucked up stupid assed scene politics and crybaby self important elitist attitudes helped to ensure that all of us who played on Friday were completed fucked over.
thank you, Atlanta, for your bullshit clusterfuck.

.


I think bands coming in saw it for what it was. They saw it on the net. They saw in it certain people's attitude that quite frankly came to the fest and not really wanting to be there. Jake said as much on his FB post. They saw it when local bands dropped for no real reason other than they didn't like were they were playing. I didn't have to say that. They heard when bands who were playing the fest contacted them about playing house shows. Sorry Doomed Youth but I did get a forward of the message. Or when other so-called promoters tried to set up shows around town with the same bands. They heard from people at the fest yet still bitching. Frankly I never had to say a word about blaming anyone it was clearly there for everybody to see why this fest did not do as well as it should. Everybody has stated as much in not so many words that they wanted FTTA to fail. Yeah there were some mistakes I made with logistics.
But over a course of 8 months one is bound to make a mistake or two.
But as for running the fest and promoting it I think FTTA crew did a good job.

Why?
1. When Wormrot is playing on a Sunday 15 minutes from a guy's house and he comes to Atlanta for the fest

2. When bands on the fest get a surge in online sales during the promotion of the fest without touring.

3. When kids who could've easily drove the 45 minutes to Gainesville to see Maruta, Wormrot and Phobia came to Atlanta.

4. When kids who could've caught Thou, Batillus, and KWC in NOLA on Saturday drove to Atlanta for it.

5. When bands like MWDH who pretty much walked without getting paid told me to bring them back.

6. When a guy that's been a tour manager for bands longer than I've been promoting comments on the fact that from what he's seen it's been a tightly run ship.

7. When bands that even though they've dropped off state as much.

8. Bottom line: No sponsors, little local support, no vending fees, no bar take, no merch take and I only lost $475 on two day event. I know venues that lose that much at least twice a week.

Because no one is there doesn't equate bad promotion or not knowing what I'm doing.

But I don't have to make excuses. When I gave the bands what money we had for Friday I didn't make excuses. Dan from SOT sat right there. Not one excuse came out of my mouth. I've been around long enough to know touring bands can't put excuses in the gas tank and really don't wanna hear it.Saturday was the same deal. Bands that are legitimately unhappy that is being dealt with as always and that's why national bands still refer other bands and booking agents to me because I do what it take to make things right sometimes not always that night but within a reasonable time frame I do make things right. At the Lenny's BOTB when Tire Fire came and I fucked up by letting the bands do 90% of the promotion (since that was a critique they were being judged on) Monday morning I was transferring them money even though they had no guarantee.

But everybody says this and everybody says that about me but nobody seems to be able to back up their statements. Funny thing is I find it strange that I promote shows in Savannah, Charleston and Jacksonville and don't have half the issues as I do in Atlanta. I think that's another thing touring bands see. There's no one making absurd claims about my character except for in Atlanta.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sonsoftonatiuh
Member


Joined: 06 May 2009
Posts: 225
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one to defend Jake for his actions but you are definitely taking this thing way too far Floyd. My buddy Mike mentioned seeing some broken art on Fri night on his way to the bathroom after Mark had called me about this to confirm. I don't see anywhere on this thread or the other threads that describe the specific art you say is damaged. Therefore Jake could NOT have been responsible for the damage.

The other problem with this whole situation is how you, Floyd, act like a complete child in your responses with insults galore to all who even slightly criticize your actions or your fest.

Lastly, the promoting of the FTTA fest was very poor as many have confirmed already. Seeing how it was your job to promote (i.e. definition of "PROMOTER") I only saw maybe a total of 6 or so 8.5x11" "flyers" that were created by you that didn't even have the right order of the bands on the flyer with the specific dates. Lastly, lastly... why didn't the Loaf have any information regarding the fest?? That would have been the first place I would have contacted in regards to promoting the fest. You know they would have done something for it.

I'm not trying to join the bandwagon on this one in regards to slagging you but I think it would be safe to assume that you need to stop posting on this site for now if not permanently seeing how the hole you're digging is getting deeper and deeper with every post.
_________________
cunt punt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sonsoftonatiuh
Member


Joined: 06 May 2009
Posts: 225
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DJ Pestilence"][quote="Ryan"]

Quote:


But I don't have to make excuses. When I gave the bands what money we had for Friday I didn't make excuses. Dan from SOT sat right there. Not one excuse came out of my mouth.


Yeah, I was there, and I saw the looks on the people's faces as you told them "I've got $250 and need to split it with 6 bands". You guaranteed a min of $250 to MWDH alone. What the hell were you thinking?? First of all MWDH has never even been to Atlanta. How do I know that? Because I talk to them all the time. Yes it was very honorable that Earthworm from MWDH declined their share of the door money but the only reason they did that is because they're from Raleigh as compared to Batillus (from NY), Thou (NOLA), Black September (Chicago), and KWC (CA). These bands were depending on this money to help them get to their next show. There's no way they can keep playing out if they only get $42 or so for playing it.
_________________
cunt punt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ Pestilence
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Knucklehead"]
DJ Pestilence wrote:
eyewitness testimony is used in over 95% of all trial cases that end in conviction.

In fact, my trial partner just tried a case where the client was accused of twice robbing a donut shop while armed. Both cashiers positively identified him and there was surveillance video. The client was acquitted.
/quote]

Was it the HAPPY DONUT that place always gets robbed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ Pestilence
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sonsoftonatiuh"][quote="DJ Pestilence"]
Ryan wrote:


Quote:


But I don't have to make excuses. When I gave the bands what money we had for Friday I didn't make excuses. Dan from SOT sat right there. Not one excuse came out of my mouth.


Yeah, I was there, and I saw the looks on the people's faces as you told them "I've got $250 and need to split it with 6 bands". You guaranteed a min of $250 to MWDH alone. What the hell were you thinking?? First of all MWDH has never even been to Atlanta. How do I know that? Because I talk to them all the time. Yes it was very honorable that Earthworm from MWDH declined their share of the door money but the only reason they did that is because they're from Raleigh as compared to Batillus (from NY), Thou (NOLA), Black September (Chicago), and KWC (CA). These bands were depending on this money to help them get to their next show. There's no way they can keep playing out if they only get $42 or so for playing it.


As I said that's one of my faults guaranteeing bands too much. Should've been closer to $75-125 gives them a full tank and a little extra at the low end. Everybody managed to get gas money. Once all my refunds clear everyone should start getting payments with MWDH and Thou at the front of the line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Azrael
Member


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 1192
Location: Crossroads

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonsoftonatiuh wrote:
I'm not one to defend Jake for his actions but you are definitely taking this thing way too far Floyd. My buddy Mike mentioned seeing some broken art on Fri night on his way to the bathroom after Mark had called me about this to confirm. I don't see anywhere on this thread or the other threads that describe the specific art you say is damaged. Therefore Jake could NOT have been responsible for the damage.

The other problem with this whole situation is how you, Floyd, act like a complete child in your responses with insults galore to all who even slightly criticize your actions or your fest.

Lastly, the promoting of the FTTA fest was very poor as many have confirmed already. Seeing how it was your job to promote (i.e. definition of "PROMOTER") I only saw maybe a total of 6 or so 8.5x11" "flyers" that were created by you that didn't even have the right order of the bands on the flyer with the specific dates. Lastly, lastly... why didn't the Loaf have any information regarding the fest?? That would have been the first place I would have contacted in regards to promoting the fest. You know they would have done something for it.

I'm not trying to join the bandwagon on this one in regards to slagging you but I think it would be safe to assume that you need to stop posting on this site for now if not permanently seeing how the hole you're digging is getting deeper and deeper with every post.


Thanks Dan, and for the record me and you are cool. We had a lot of great times in the year and a half we played in SOT. We give each other a hard time on here but that's all in good fun I thought. We can have a beer anytime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DJ Pestilence
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonsoftonatiuh wrote:
I'm not one to defend Jake for his actions but you are definitely taking this thing way too far Floyd. My buddy Mike mentioned seeing some broken art on Fri night on his way to the bathroom after Mark had called me about this to confirm. I don't see anywhere on this thread or the other threads that describe the specific art you say is damaged. Therefore Jake could NOT have been responsible for the damage.

The other problem with this whole situation is how you, Floyd, act like a complete child in your responses with insults galore to all who even slightly criticize your actions or your fest.

Lastly, the promoting of the FTTA fest was very poor as many have confirmed already. Seeing how it was your job to promote (i.e. definition of "PROMOTER") I only saw maybe a total of 6 or so 8.5x11" "flyers" that were created by you that didn't even have the right order of the bands on the flyer with the specific dates. .


I can send stuff to the loaf but i can't make them print. We put our 300 8x11's throughout the entertainment districts in Atlanta on 15 different occasions beginning May 25th with a round at least every two weeks and once a week in September Plus passed out countless 4x4's Each series of flyers contained Dates, Venue, Bands and Info site. That were fest specific. Each series of flyers contained Dates, Venue, Bands and Info site. The later flyers that went out Mid July had the specific dates for the traveling bands. After August 28th flyers went out with specific dates for all bands. September 6th a new flyer was printed to reflect line-up changes with locals plus FTTA maintained a very high internet presence. Our myspace page in May had just under 5,000 hits it peaked at 14,000 in mid-August. It sits now just over 18,000. Oh we promoted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: The Toilet All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media