New Year's Eve show

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

New Year's Eve show

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon January 3rd, 2005, 2:01 am

Unfortunately, it looks like the New Year's Eve show "will not be televised"...i.e., it apparently wasn't archived due to Georgia Tech's surprise server downage. :shock: :(

Oh, well. It was a lot of fun and I was kinda hoping to go back and listen to it again. This was probably the closest I've ever come to planning out an entire show's playlist, in that I cribbed off my list of notable 2004 CDs at http://66.193.230.227/~paulcas/music.html#2004cds to make up the show...mostly from the 'heavy' list. In a few cases Daniel had already played someone on my list. :)

Back to my usual ad-hoc methods next week. "Playlist? What's a playlist? Don't we have any requests?" :D

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu January 6th, 2005, 3:13 am

Great picks. How was your new years?

And when is it proper to stop saying happy new year? What date do we have to stop doing that?

Til Then...

Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

NP: Type O Negative-Love you to Death (edit)

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri January 7th, 2005, 8:48 pm

DarkWolfen wrote:Great picks. How was your new years?
Well, ummm, you heard it. I spent it at the studio. :twisted:

It was a GREAT New Years in that none of us got hit by infalling fire. Two people were hurt in downtown by stray gunshots....one bullet fell through the Georgia Dome's roof, and the other was a shot at Underground.......y'know, the so-safe-place that we can all go to for those kewl new clubs (most of which are owned by the Masquerade). Boy, howdy, that'll keep the tourists coming in droves!

My friend Derek and I thought we heard small-arms fire, not too far away, while we were waiting to get into the Student Center building for WREKage, at about 10:30pm. Looks like we were right....