New In Ruins LP

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

In Ruins

New In Ruins LP

Post by In Ruins » Mon February 14th, 2011, 12:47 pm

We just got back from the studio last night after recording 9 brutal crust songs which are to be released on vinyl within a couple months. We're thinking everything should be ready and available by April realistically. More updates soon. We'll post a link to a new song or two in a couple days.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon February 14th, 2011, 12:59 pm

sweet!
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon February 14th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Nice. Where did y'all record?
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Mon February 14th, 2011, 4:53 pm

badcarburetor wrote:Nice. Where did y'all record?
Jam Room - Columbia, SC
The recordings are fucking crushing, can't wait til the release.

aaron

Post by aaron » Mon February 14th, 2011, 5:18 pm

sick, congrats

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon February 14th, 2011, 6:51 pm

vinyl only release? no cd? what label?
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

GFx

Post by GFx » Mon February 14th, 2011, 6:58 pm

damn, you guys are getting that record out lickety split if you just finished recording and ready to roll by april.

In Ruins

Post by In Ruins » Tue February 15th, 2011, 12:10 am

We might do some DIY CD releases but the pressing will be vinyl. Burnt Bridges from Nashville will most likely be doing it.

And yeah, April is the absolute earliest...I'm sure it will take longer but we are aiming for that

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Tue February 15th, 2011, 2:58 am

Give us the pic and vinyl art and other sweetness that comes with it whenever it is ready.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed February 16th, 2011, 12:35 am

In Ruins wrote:We might do some DIY CD releases but the pressing will be vinyl. Burnt Bridges from Nashville will most likely be doing it.

And yeah, April is the absolute earliest...I'm sure it will take longer but we are aiming for that
theres no reason to only put it out on vinyl if you say its nine top notch songs. thats fucking retarded. and yes i do buy vinyl, but never understood the reasoning for vinyl only unless its like a split 7 inch or some shit. is this recording going to be your full length debut or is it just a taste of whats to come.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed February 16th, 2011, 10:01 am

Matt wrote:
In Ruins wrote:We might do some DIY CD releases but the pressing will be vinyl. Burnt Bridges from Nashville will most likely be doing it.

theres no reason to only put it out on vinyl if you say its nine top notch songs. thats fucking retarded.
well if a label is going to put it out on vinyl and the band doesn't have the money to press cd's themselves and can't find another label to do it for them then i'd say that's a pretty good reason.

i guess having limited resources and being lucky enough to find a label that wants to put your music out that you spent the time and money to record is pretty fucking retarded.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Wed February 16th, 2011, 11:59 am

[quote="Ryan] well if a label is going to put it out on vinyl and the band doesn't have the money to press cd's themselves and can't find another label to do it for them then i'd say that's a pretty good reason.

i guess having limited resources and being lucky enough to find a label that wants to put your music out that you spent the time and money to record is pretty fucking retarded.[/quote]

damn, is vinyl cheaper than cds? i figured at this point digital technology would be cheaper because of how easy it is to copy everything. anyways, collecting vinyls is fun and all but i like to keep everything on my computer and ipod so hopefully you guys have some form of digital release in the future

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed February 16th, 2011, 12:01 pm

SadisticRitual wrote:[quote="Ryan] well if a label is going to put it out on vinyl and the band doesn't have the money to press cd's themselves and can't find another label to do it for them then i'd say that's a pretty good reason.

i guess having limited resources and being lucky enough to find a label that wants to put your music out that you spent the time and money to record is pretty fucking retarded.
damn, is vinyl cheaper than cds? i figured at this point digital technology would be cheaper because of how easy it is to copy everything. anyways, collecting vinyls is fun and all but i like to keep everything on my computer and ipod so hopefully you guys have some form of digital release in the future[/quote]

Nah, CDs are cheaper. Vinyl is much cooler so it evens out.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed February 16th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Brian wrote:
SadisticRitual wrote:
Ryan wrote: well if a label is going to put it out on vinyl and the band doesn't have the money to press cd's themselves and can't find another label to do it for them then i'd say that's a pretty good reason.

damn, is vinyl cheaper than cds? i figured at this point digital technology would be cheaper because of how easy it is to copy everything. anyways, collecting vinyls is fun and all but i like to keep everything on my computer and ipod so hopefully you guys have some form of digital release in the future
Nah, CDs are cheaper.
not really man, unless you can press a shitload of them the price isn't that much different... and even if vinyl is more expensive it's well worth it. spew was considering doing a cd ep kinda thing because we thought it would be cheaper for us to put out ourselves but after looking around we might as well just do vinyl.

it's pretty easy to do a "poor man's" digital download code. pressing plants will charge an arm and a leg for it but you can do it yourself for much cheaper and the reality is that the tracks are gonna be on somebody's blog, for free, within a couple days anyway.

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Wed February 16th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Ryan wrote:spew was considering doing a cd ep kinda thing because we thought it would be cheaper for us to put out ourselves but after looking around we might as well just do vinyl.
I would looooooove to have a Spewwax sometime.